Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

This is how the Tea Party celebrates American manhood!

No, this isn’t old. Like the good patriots over at American Jesus point out

What’s perhaps most incredible about this video is the fact that it’s not one of those classic late 80′s, early 90′s videos from a bygone era when people “just didn’t know any better.” Based on the appearance of the MacBook Pro in the beginning and their own reference to the Tea Party this epic song was written and recorded in the past couple of years.

Found at American Jesus!

UPDATE!!

Thank you Matt!

jody

posted April 29, 2011 at 4:12 pm

This is hilarious. I really needed a laugh today, and along with lots of laughs I received an excellent lesson about how to be an American MAN…glad to know tea party fashion is as timeless as “well” choreographed dance moves…

LRA

posted April 29, 2011 at 4:20 pm

How can they still be sporting hair-dos from the age of Glamour Rock and still think of themselves as manly???

How??? How???!?!?!?!??!

LRA

posted April 29, 2011 at 7:27 pm

(Yes, I intended to use the British spelling of glamor… it adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the hair-dos of these men.)

Joel

posted April 29, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I want to see their birth certificates and the birth certificates of those who told them that they could sing.

nazani14

posted April 30, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Me too. I’ve seen a lot of certificates of life birth from the South (used to do background checks for security clearances,) and if you can’t spell John and like to transpose numbers, you are assured of employment with Vital Records.

Gwen

posted April 29, 2011 at 4:38 pm

HA HA HA HA HA…..oh, dear.

Jonathan Davis

posted April 29, 2011 at 4:45 pm

If those guys are American men, then I’m moving to Canada. This seems like a situation for Chuck Norris’s chin fist to handle.

Phil (NZ)

posted May 1, 2011 at 3:33 pm

HAHAHAHAHA

Rob

posted April 29, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Did I hear the interviewer say that these guys are Grammy nominated. There is no possible way!!!!!!

Leanne

posted April 29, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I love the interview…..though the Chrisagis brothers seem a little……..eccentric. Yeah, thats the word for it…..

Brian M

posted April 29, 2011 at 6:48 pm

This can’t be real…

Jim

posted April 29, 2011 at 7:02 pm

You absolutely have to watch their Easter Special video. :-)

Marty

posted April 29, 2011 at 7:36 pm

After watching their Easter Special and news story, there is no way this is for reals. An elaborate interwebs spoof, perhaps?

Maria

posted April 29, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I just can’t figure them out! They are either the best piece of Christian satire that the internet has ever seen or the saddest example of Christian culture available today.

I just spent 30 minutes goggling them and can not find any sites that verify them as satire! Could this possibly be the most elaborate ruse since Andy Kaufman?!

I want to find them funny but I’m terrified that they are the real deal.

Marty

posted April 30, 2011 at 11:07 am

“I want to find them funny but I’m terrified that they are the real deal.”

Truer words have never been spoken.

Sharon Autenrieth

posted April 29, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I’m kind of reeling at the moment. When my husband and were married 23 years ago we had the song “Boundless Love” sung at our wedding. Having just seen the Chrisagis brothers cover that song on YouTube has destroyed a very dear memory. I need strong drink.

Eric Stevens

posted April 29, 2011 at 11:04 pm

dude where do you find this shit?

Stigangi

posted April 30, 2011 at 8:21 am

I think that made me anti what ever they r for!

Stigangi

posted April 30, 2011 at 8:31 am

When you mix patriotism and religion people usually get hurt.

Jenn

posted April 30, 2011 at 12:01 pm

“Imagine spending the first two years of your life in an incubator, then having to live eating only soybeans, rice cakes, sardines, and peanut butter with no hope of a happy future.”

Marty

posted April 30, 2011 at 12:48 pm

“They were the first Christian Artists ever on MTV.”

“In 2011, the Brothers released a new CD called ‘Ransom’ with some of the most powerful songs ever written in Christian music. Each song was written by legendary composer Bob Farrell (Farrell & Farrell) with a modern day sound and edgy lyrics.”

Andy

posted May 1, 2011 at 11:35 am

Is this a poe? I can’t find any information on these guys that isn’t new or traced back to their website. Also, the “news clip” isn’t featured on the actual news site in any capacity.

Phil (NZ)

posted May 1, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Why is it that American dreams always involve silk shirts and awful haircuts..why!?

Brian

posted May 2, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Is it just me or do they both look like Qusay and Uday, Saddam’s sons???