Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

Caption this Jesus picture please!

I guess that’s Jesus. It is, right?

UPDATE: I’ve been informed that THIS isn’t Jesus! It’s St. Francis. Thank you Caitlin. Which makes more sense… I think…

Sent to me by Dan!

Summer

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:05 am

I am less than enthused to be wearing these colors. They wash me out. And this giant rodent next to me needs to step off.. man I need some starbucks!

matt

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:05 am

The clouds opened and God said unto them:

“This is my red headed step child with whom I am well pleased, listen to him”

Gabrielle

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:23 am

THE BEST.

David

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:05 am

Little Rabbit: Hey Mister get out of the way, you’re blocking the Easter Bunny.

perze

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:06 am

that’s st. francis of assisi dude, or King Canute.

reJoyce

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:32 am

I agree. I don’t think that’s supposed to be Jesus. (Please, please, let it not be Jesus.)

Kamrie

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:07 am

Jesus draws a strong resemblance to a manly Irish Snow White princess.
He must have started singing and the animals just came to him!

Anthony Stauffer

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:07 am

That’s so ridiculous it’s confounded my creativity, I literally cannot think of a caption.

perze

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:08 am

I paid for this rabbit, darn it. Like how i did for your sins. Wanna see the receipt?

David

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:09 am

“No, I’m not Rip Taylor. Yes, I get that a lot.”

lance

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:11 am

“suffer the squirrels, rabbits (even an easter bunny with a cane), and birds to come to me and forbid them not for such is the kingdom of god (and if they happen to come to me i would prefer it if they wouldn’t look up my robe or else i will whack them with my, um, cross).” – jesus

Alan

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:13 am

At the right paw of the Father…

Martín

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:15 am

Astonishing. It seems Jesus is wearing the Joseph’s embroidered coat.

Blessings from Argentina.

Sam

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:16 am

“Thanks for the help with that stone. Now let’s hide us some eggs!”

cindyc

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:29 am

He looks more like the Burger King.

Molly Colbert

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:42 am

No, it is actually St. Francis of Assisi, a sculpture by Jim Shore. St. Francis is the Patron Saint of Animals. I have one myself.

nazani14

posted March 15, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Agreed. He is looking miffed because he’s been spotted going out to get the morning paper off the lawn in his Granny’s quilted bathrobe. BTW, you’ve got to watch out for those red-haired Italians…might have the evil eye.

William

posted March 14, 2011 at 8:44 am

“No bunny loves you like Jesus!”

Ok. It’s not original. I saw it on a church sign posted here last year. The sign was obviously searching for this image.

Jonathan Guenther

posted March 14, 2011 at 9:00 am

If that is indeed Francis of Assisi, I’m just glad he’s not frolicking in the buff a la Brother Sun Sister Moon!

Drew

posted March 14, 2011 at 11:07 am

Saint Francis and his pimp Bunny

Kerry-Anne

posted March 14, 2011 at 11:11 am

I’m late / I’m late / For a very important date. / No time to say “Hello.” / Goodbye. / I’m late, I’m late, I’m late.

Matthew Lyon

posted March 14, 2011 at 11:13 am

an EXTREMELY gentrified St. Francis; where are the tattered garments, starved ribs and crazy eyes?

i almost wish this were jesus. that would at least make make fore sense! I mean, one could accept this as a quaint garment for a “king of kings”, but not as the destitute and awkward saint we all cherish and adore.

it’s my opinion that “we” enjoy st. francis, not be cause of Francis, but because of animals. that’s why we turn him into little stone birdbaths. or perhaps it’s a post-christian disconnect with the real life of this crazy weirdo saint.

Steve Thrush

posted March 14, 2011 at 12:30 pm

“okay, big ears……where the crap are MY friggen’ easter eggs?!…and make them blue….no pink ones…i look gay enough already!”

Mark

posted March 15, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Jesus “You stole my holiday!”

Easter Bunny “No, you stole MY holiday”