Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

This guy’s a real winner…

I have no idea if this guy is serious or trying to be funny…

Either way, it’s not all that funny….

Found at Jesus or Squirrel…

Jen

posted January 11, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I can’t tell for sure, but she looks very much like the lady from the crazy street preaching family that used to come to the University of Tennessee when I was in school there. There was a dad too and 4 “stair-step” little girls. All she ever talked about was STDs and sex. They even had the oldest daughter preaching once.

Jesse W

posted January 11, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Loud mouth women and high-falutin’ sophisticated swine.

Alise

posted January 11, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I’m pretty sure Jen is right. The woman is one of those campus screamers who condemns everyone who goes to college to hell and the guy in the pic is someone who is pointing out inconsistencies in her literal interpretations.

ChadJ

posted January 11, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I shudder at all the damage we Christians have done in God’s name. Lord, forgive us.

Mike

posted January 11, 2011 at 6:24 pm

It’s a wonder if anyone can tell the difference between a looney on the street yelling random stuff and a crazy preacher woman yelling random God stuff.

Kelley

posted January 11, 2011 at 6:39 pm

The screaming chick is the wife of a sexist, homophobic fundie “street-preacher” who travels around college campuses in the south telling all the students that they’re going to hell, for various reasons.

The guy in the picture is just pointing out the selective hypocrisy of said crazy street-preacher and his wife.

April L.

posted January 11, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I take it as him just pointing out the hypocrisy of someone railing about how everyone needs to follow the bible.

Sbuxjosh

posted January 11, 2011 at 8:12 pm

In which case, I do find it funny. It’s a lot like the people who counter protested the WBC with signs the cited the verse where you can’t wear clothing made from two types of material. Taken out of the same chapter as thier railings on homosexuals.

vegas710

posted January 11, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Really? I think it’s hilarious! I think Alise is right about his motives.

Pingback: Tweets that mention This guy’s a real winner… | Jesus Needs New PR -- Topsy.com

kyle s.

posted January 11, 2011 at 10:39 pm

yeah, i remember seeing this picture over at friendly atheist at one point. the fella is one of many campus “counter-protestors” to brother jed and his brood.

LRA

posted January 11, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Perhaps his sign should read:

<– I'm *not* with stupid.

LOL!

Charlie Chang

posted January 12, 2011 at 7:27 am

I think it’s hilarious.

almightygod

posted January 12, 2011 at 9:12 am

It must be satire. I’ve seen the image floating around before and it’s always been presented that way. As satire it is funny to me.

Ian

posted January 12, 2011 at 9:18 am

Yeah, this picture along with a great article was posted on Friendly Atheist a couple of weeks ago. She’s a campus screamer/preacher/crazy who goes that sort of thing. The guy holding the sign is actually a member of the Secular Student Alliance, I think at Texas A&M. He’s an atheist.

Melody

posted January 12, 2011 at 9:53 am

A Secular Alliance at Texas A&M? Who’da thought. ;) Gig ‘em!

Matt

posted January 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Atheists at Texas A&M? I’m sure there are. Palm trees? Not likely.

Noelle

posted January 12, 2011 at 11:15 am

I get it, but I don’t approve. You can’t fight schizoprhenic rants with smart-ass sharpie on poster board. Also, for people who don’t get it, makes you look like an ass.

In general I don’t recommend arguing with truly crazy people. They don’t understand logic, they’ll never change their minds, they might hurt you, and you’ll get really frustrated trying. She would benefit more from a solid regimen of medication and regular psychiatry visits. Unless she’s a danger to herself or others, she has to be the one to choose this.

joel k

posted January 12, 2011 at 1:38 pm

It really depends on what the lady is saying. If she is preaching a message of biblical literalism and inerrancy, then the sign is completely appropriate, as it shows that, just by speaking she is contradicting her own proposed interpretative methodology. I have thought the same thing when female fundies try to shove biblical literalism down my throat.

Noelle

posted January 12, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Do you believe she’s smart or sane enough to understand that?

Wide berth to this woman. Her yelling is harmless. It is only sound waves. It doesn’t hurt anyone. Irritating? Absolutely. Back up and keep an eye on her while ignoring her. She could kick, bite, hit, stab, shoot, etc. She could beat that kid with his own sign.

Campus security so there’s record she’s there (yes, of course they already know and won’t do anything about it. but even they have to write a report). The real police if there’s even a hint of danger.

joel k

posted January 13, 2011 at 10:10 am

In re: “Do you believe she’s smart or sane enough to understand that?”

I doubt it. And, personally, I wouldn’t bother trying to make that point to her. But, I can’t pretend the guy is a sexist pig for pointing out the inconsistencies in her own theology.

Matthew Lyon

posted January 12, 2011 at 6:00 pm

douche.
bag.

(thought the thought of him seeing this woman then running home to make a sign, then hurrying back seems humorous.)

Ariel

posted January 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Sad, but that lady was at my school. Welcome to University of Arizona, ya’ll. We get those people ALL the time (especially in the summer months of school. I think they hibernate or something).