Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

WARNING: This Jesus T-Shirt Might Offend You

This is just wrong.

On every level.

But then again, it’s theological too.

But still wrong.

Just like a lot of people’s theology.

Your thoughts?

Sent to me by Brian.

Dianna

posted October 5, 2010 at 8:10 am

There…there are no words.

Arni Zachariassen

posted October 5, 2010 at 8:12 am

It’s like that picture (somewhere on the internet) referring to Brian “Head” Welch: “Korn gave Head to God.” More offensive than the T-shirt?

Jon

posted October 5, 2010 at 8:28 am

Yes… yes, Korn is more offensive.

Not that there’s a competition or anything.

Standing Small

posted October 5, 2010 at 8:17 am

Heart breaking.

Peter Almon

posted October 5, 2010 at 8:31 am

Yeah, this is definitely offensive. I wonder, for Christians, where this feeling of offensiveness originates from. Are people offended because this shirt mocks/challenges their beliefs, because their beliefs aren’t being taken seriously, or because God is being degraded? God cannot be mocked nor, like Artemis of the Ephesians, can His glory be lessened. So, for the Christian, I think this shirt should, foremost, cause a reaction of sadness or pity toward those who produce/wear this shirt, rather than righteous indignation. God’s fame is not dependent on man, and he will graciously tolerate those who try to lessen it, for a time. The sadness/pity is a result of the knowledge that, as Augustine said, man- and womankind cannot rest, cannot enjoy their humanity fully, until they find rest in God.

Tom

posted October 5, 2010 at 1:47 pm

wow so true. well put!

Faye

posted October 5, 2010 at 8:33 am

Talk about “shock factor”!
Did the folks at Jerry Springer come up with this one? Or was it Howard Stern?

Rocco

posted October 5, 2010 at 8:52 am

no comment.

Wes

posted October 5, 2010 at 8:54 am

There’s a really inappropriate Mary Magdalene joke in there somewhere, but I’m way too Christian to make it.

Aaron

posted October 5, 2010 at 8:57 am

Exactly why I have a major love/hate w/ the American brand of Xianity.

Pingback: Tweets that mention WARNING: This Jesus T-Shirt Might Offend You | Jesus Needs New PR -- Topsy.com

Sandy Sandmeyer

posted October 5, 2010 at 9:26 am

I have no words to say how wrong this is.

Leanne

posted October 5, 2010 at 9:55 am

So is this another case of Christians trying to be cool?

Charlie Chang

posted October 5, 2010 at 10:15 am

I’m wearing this on Sunday…

nicodemusatnite.blogspot.com

David

posted October 5, 2010 at 10:38 am

I could almost wear that!

Charlie's Church of Christ

posted October 5, 2010 at 12:47 pm

way too far. Have respect people.

Bill (cycleguy)

posted October 5, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Not just wrong but also offensive and downright a turn-off. who is the goofball that came up with this and who has the ***** to wear it?

Danny

posted October 5, 2010 at 2:38 pm

At first I was afraid that this was being offered by another random Christian t-shirt company.

I was honestly relieved when I found at that it wasn’t. Not that it is somehow less wrong.

Anonymous Christian

posted October 5, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I think I am going to offend people here, but honestly, as a man I have to say that most men have heard the phrase, “Size Does Matter,” and as a Christian I think that if Jesus was Perfect, then…. I think you know where I am going. Anyways, my question is this, is it really degrading, or is it just a compliment?

(someone wont understand the sarcasm so I am letting you know down here that I was joking)

stephy

posted October 5, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I don’t get it. He was hung for you.

ro

posted October 5, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Funny that there is no equivalent shirt with Mohammed or Buddha. Because the makers of this shirt know exactly that Christians aren’t really standing up for their belief anymore.

Mark

posted October 6, 2010 at 11:32 am

Why would god give jesus a penis? It not like jesus was ever going to use it.