Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

Love is patient. Love is crack? (NSFC-Not Safe For Church)

Found at Christian Nightmare.

Jenn

posted August 1, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I love tattoos, and I’m all about expressing your love for Jesus with some body art, but that is so, so wrong. Good grief. She couldn’t just get the chapter and verse reference tattooed somewhere farther away from her butt?

The Squirrel

posted August 1, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Does not delight in tramp stamps.

RobM

posted August 1, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Comment win!

Scott Smith

posted August 1, 2010 at 6:23 pm

It keeps no record of thongs.
(Sorry – that was horrible)

Matthew Paul Turner

posted August 1, 2010 at 6:25 pm

lol… in this case, I’m not sure it would need to. :)

Pingback: Tweets that mention Love is patient. Love is crack? (NSFC-Not Safe For Church) | Jesus Needs New PR -- Topsy.com

Iain

posted August 1, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I don’t strictly mind about this tattoo. It seems like a weird thing at first, but when you think about it the tattoo represents a contextualisation of Christian belief with the subcultural practice of “Tramp Stamps”.

I know that this was found at “Christian Nightmare” and while I think that it is tacky (same way I feel towards most tramp stamps unless done tastefully), I would still congratulate this person for expressing their belief in the cultural form that they are accustomed to.

I think that if you took a careful look at many “mainstream” practices that amalgamated First-Century Christianity with modern western culture, you might also find that it is fair to say that there were lots of things we did without a second thought that made Jesus roll over in his grave (erm, so to speak).

Tabitha

posted August 1, 2010 at 6:42 pm

I don’t know what horrifies me more — the placement of this tattoo or the misuse of “it’s” along with multiple mis-capitalizations.

Noelle

posted August 1, 2010 at 6:51 pm

The it’s offends me more. She probably paid good money for that. You should demand proper punctuation and grammar

Cindy

posted August 1, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Not to mention “preserves” instead of “perseveres”…

Tabitha

posted August 1, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Now I’m wondering if I could hire myself out to local tattoo shops as a freelance copy editor. It seems like an untapped market and some of the most important proofreading one could do.

Noelle

posted August 2, 2010 at 5:56 am

right? Maybe she has great grammar, but it’s not as if she can police her own back during a tat. With a copy editor or out of work English teacher (just duck into a Starbucks, no problem) and you could find someone to be all on your capitalization, commas, then/than, lie/lay, etc. I can’t imagine anyone would find that anything but welcome and useful. :)

I think love likes preserves, especially on english muffins

cap'n

posted August 1, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Justified margins would’ve been better, creating “rivers” of white space up and down the text, draining into a crevasse.

EMS

posted August 1, 2010 at 7:53 pm

It say’s “preserves” instead of “perseveres”! It always protects truths, hopes, and preserves? If it protects cherry preserves, I’m good. I mean, I like cherry preserves. Apricot is pretty good as well!

isaac

posted August 1, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I like preserves…but that is not the place I would want to find them…

Ken Mabry

posted August 1, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Penetration is all I can think about here.

Kyle Reed

posted August 2, 2010 at 9:39 am

I still don’t think that redeems a tramp stamp

Noelle

posted August 2, 2010 at 10:23 am

Say what you will, but I think Numbers 22:23 in KJV would be more appropriate

Lauren

posted August 2, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Noelle – ROFL

Ian

posted August 2, 2010 at 11:29 am

I laughed so hard a tear came out.

sharideth

posted August 2, 2010 at 12:24 pm

nothing says “i love jesus” like a butt crack.

run_sleep_art

posted August 2, 2010 at 1:08 pm

LMFAO – perfect placement

Crystal

posted August 2, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Well, at least the person who wrote on her butt used good pennmenship. I mean, that matters for something, right?

Crystal

posted August 2, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Err… Um… I meant “penmAnship.” But who cares. This is a blog comment. Not a butt tattoo. :)