Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

A third slice of America’s Jesus! (the APOSTROPHE edition!)

“JESUS” etched into one’s forearm.

Ouch.

Out of my momma’s womb and then circumcised!

Just. Like. Jesus.

Way too easy.

Died on the cross for my sin’s what? MY SIN’S WHAT?

I need to know.

Righteous.

Possessive much?

Seriously, sport’s nut’s what?

Even a homo put something belonging to him on the list.

(This sign is both horrible and hilarious.)

WE FOUND HIM! WE FOUND HIM!

Quick, ask him if he minds living right above your left nipple.

Hahaha! This is HIGHlarious. Why? Cuz there’s only one Satan. Even Muslims know that.

A piece of toast has been found in a picture of Jesus.

“Joyful joyful we adore me…” -the Jesus statue making the girls laugh

Adam Whitley

posted July 6, 2010 at 8:02 am

I lol’d at the piece of toast comment.

//AW

ginny

posted July 6, 2010 at 8:06 am

on the second pic… you missed the BEST part… down below the ‘itty bitty christian’ is ‘itty bitty baptist’. wow. there are no words.

Russell

posted July 6, 2010 at 8:10 am

Preachers Kid’s are on the list? Or does PK mean something else?

bondChristian

posted July 6, 2010 at 8:13 am

Yeah, that toast and the righteous skateboarder were too much.

-Marshall Jones Jr.

Dianna

posted July 6, 2010 at 8:13 am

OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH.

I had to scroll past that first one quickly. Just…augh. Oh. Man.

I love that both “democrat’s” and “liberal’s” are on that sign, as well as “Loud Mouth Women,” “Government Recipient’s” and “Freeloaders.” Also, what in the WORLD is a “sophisticated swine”?

Kelly

posted July 14, 2010 at 7:47 am

sophisticated swine = pig in lipstick?

Bree

posted July 6, 2010 at 8:14 am

Lol! Love this post. All those (extremely misplaced) apostrophes are killing me!

Jesse

posted July 6, 2010 at 8:18 am

“Loud mouth women” and “high fallutent (sp?) sophisticated swine.” YES!

And thanks for getting on the apostrophe bandwagon. I thought I was the only one. Now if we could just organize a march on Random Capitalization. And the rampant overuse of the technique of beginning sentences with conjunctions. But only when Rob Bell does it.

*~Michelle~*

posted July 6, 2010 at 8:25 am

Digging the righteous skater Jesus….funny stuff!

…..but YIKES! on that sign. woah.

ed cyzewski

posted July 6, 2010 at 8:53 am

There’s a whole market I’ve been missing with my writing courses:
“Grammar for Fundamentalists”
or perhaps I should call it:
“Grammar for Fundamentalist’s”

Just think how many people would get saved if they learned proper grammar!!! All of their signs would make SO MUCH MORE SENSE then.

Matt @ The Church of No People

posted July 6, 2010 at 10:59 am

Wow, that first guy brings new meaning to that “nothing but the blood” song.

And seriously, why do grammarian’s love Satan?

MainlineMom

posted July 6, 2010 at 2:49 pm

That sign deserves a whole post of its own.

I love that Government Recipents is at the top.

Tymn

posted July 6, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Holy Crap! That was the funniest thing I’ve seen in quite some time. Which is saying a lot considering I just went to Itchy’s Flea Market yesterday – a place where you can buy cheap/outdated condoms, pregnancy tests, and kids medicine all in one booth. Not to mention a really creepy panda chair.

I was wondering about the PK too – I mean, I’ve heard stories, but really…devil lovers? As wrong as the punctuation is, at least it’s consistently wrong. You’ve got to give them that.

TrudyJ

posted July 6, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I’m really disappointed in the big “WHY DO YOU <3 THE DEVIL?" sign — not because it's full of spelling and punctuation errors; I expect no less — but because the last time I saw a sign like this, live and in person when I visited Tennessee, it had "Seventh Day Adventist's" on it. Now I feel left out because I'm not included. Oh wait, they have a slot for "Loud Mouth Women" so I guess I'm included after all.

Pingback: Music That Helps Me Believe . . . | Fields of Grace

Saskia

posted July 8, 2010 at 2:00 am

to be fair on the “itty bitty christian” one, if the baby is baptized after birth like so many kids are in traditional churches, he/she’s a part of God’s covenant so the claim is semi-legit…

or am I missing a grammar mistake here that makes it funny?

lesa

posted July 8, 2010 at 10:19 pm

And I just thought it was the fundamentalists around here who have to put apostrophes where they don’t belong. I guess there is some rule in the unwritten handbook that all of them have to do that. Funny stuff. Sad in a way, but really funny!