Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

I’m a dad (some words about being a father)

I’m a Dad.

I’m the high-fiver. I’m the terrible dancer. I’m the funny singer.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the teeth brusher. I’m the banana peeler. I’m the time-out keeper.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the deejay. I’m the remote controller. I’m the man involved.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the capable. I’m the video recorder. I’m the snot wiper.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the lover. I’m the fall-a-sleep-on-er. I’m the book reader.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the teacher. I’m the hope reminder. I’m the boo-boo kisser.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the imperfect hero. I’m the prayer say-er. I’m the cheesy grinner.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the carrier. I’m the holder. I’m the protector.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the dreamer. I’m the cheerleader. I’m the fan who won’t sit down and shut up.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the believer. I’m the mistake maker. I’m the get-up-and-try-again-er.

I’m a Dad.

I’m the lucky one. I’m the blessed one. I’m the man who will love you no matter what.

I’m a Dad.

To all the men who are dads or hope to be dads… Happy Father’s Day.

Be blessed.

Jeane Wynn

posted June 18, 2010 at 4:37 pm

This post is exactly why I love Matthew Paul Turner! I love, love, love this! You said it all. A friend in our town just became a day for the first time to a little baby girl. I am sending this over to him to start his journey! Happy Fathers Day Matthew!

Makeda

posted June 18, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Beautiful! Thats all; really really beautiful

T.C.

posted June 18, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Wow…. just…. wow.

Gymmie

posted June 18, 2010 at 5:12 pm

That was lovely :) Happy Father’s Day <3

Mike Mangold

posted June 18, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Nice! Just posted the link on my fb.

Debbie

posted June 18, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Nicely Done Matthew !!!!! xoxox

Jesse

posted June 18, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I did not get choked up. Not even a little bit.

I’m lying.

katherine

posted June 19, 2010 at 7:43 am

you are blessed indeed.
happy fathers’ day!

Alise

posted June 19, 2010 at 7:50 am

Lovely post. Happy Father’s Day!

Shawn Michael Shoup

posted June 19, 2010 at 8:04 am

(tears) My wife and I are about to have our 5th child tomorrow, our first boy, on Father’s Day. Very excited! Thanks for sharing. I might have to re-post with a link back to your site. This is so good. :)

I just finished reading your two latest books. I’m pretty sure you are my new favorite author. Keep on doing your thing!

Matthew Paul Turner

posted June 19, 2010 at 8:16 am

Thanks Shawn. Repost away!

And congrats on the birth of your 5th baby! Amazing. I hope it’s a beautiful Father’s Day for you. -MPT

J.J. Merrick

posted June 19, 2010 at 8:34 am

Congrats! Our 4th was born last week… my second boy. Now have 2 girls and 2 boys… we are ven and can fight back! :-)

Thanks MPT, this is a great post and very true. Was watching the view yesterday and it made me sad when they were talking about Father’s Day and Joy says “why do we even have a father’s day? Their part is only like 30 seconds and they are gone”… made me very sad that it is even ok to joke about that.

Shawn Michael Shoup

posted June 19, 2010 at 9:15 am

Thanks guys! How’s the sleep, J.J.? :)

Many blessings to you and your family, including the “newbie”.

J.J. Merrick

posted June 19, 2010 at 9:45 am

2 words… breast feeding :-)

I change about 2 diapers a night which isn’t so bad. I have learned to fall back asleep very quickly over the years.

Joe Crenshaw

posted June 19, 2010 at 9:05 am

Excellent,

Happy Father’s day MPT

Mary

posted June 19, 2010 at 10:04 am

I’m picturing this as a gift book with great pics (like the one you used) available for next year’s Father’s Day? It might need to come with tissues, too!!!

Paula

posted June 19, 2010 at 10:30 am

This is so beautiful; it made me cry. For so many reasons.

Carole

posted June 19, 2010 at 12:54 pm

And I`m his mom and so proud of the dad he has become. I love you Matt, Happy Fathers Day.

Noelle

posted June 19, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Happy Father’s Day!

gitz

posted June 19, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I love your heart fir your family. Happy Father’s Day, friend.

Janelle

posted June 19, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I thought I hit submit on my comment…and now I see it not there…oops.

Anyhoo..I LOVE this post!It inspired me to share a few photos of my husband with our boys. I also linked back to you because I just really love how you showed your manly “sensitive” side in talking about your experience of being a dad.

Thanks for sharing!
Janelle

Janelle

posted June 19, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I thought I hit submit on my comment…and now I see it not there…oops.

Thanks for sharing!
Janelle

healthy_obsession

posted June 19, 2010 at 4:19 pm

No wonder you got snapped up so fast! Epic bro, epic.

Berean Girl

posted June 19, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Simply beautiful!Happy Father’s day!

Noelle

posted June 20, 2010 at 2:22 pm

That’s a real sweet picture of you and your little guy.

My husband and dad would like to add to your list:

I’m the light turner-outer and the outside door closer. I’m the man who makes sure we don’t air-condition the whole neighborhood.

diane1230

posted June 20, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Oh my goodness that was so sweet! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing!

Pingback: Reads of the week – 2010 – 22 « Hope In Love