Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

INSANE: Pastor screams and heals AIDS patient!

This woman screams more than the pastor at my old church screamed.

And it sounds like she specializes in healing people of STDs. And tumors! So make sure you take your portable MRI machine to church with you.

Just insane.

Found at Christian Nightmares.

ReleventISHpastor

posted May 11, 2010 at 11:26 am

One thing she has over Benny Hinn, she says “BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM” when she heals people.

Crazy Pastor WIN.

drewB

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Do something you couldn’t do before? What does the AIDS guy do? Not use a condom?

Aideen

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Is that Cindy Jacobs? I frickin love her! We’re on opposite ends of the scale politically, but man has she got passion.

Shellie (baylormum)

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:10 pm

What’s amazing is the number of people whose lives revolve around preaching like this. I guess you know that feeling. I’m glad I’ll never understand it all.

Jimmy

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:13 pm

It’s sad… As long as there are hurting people there will be those who prey on them. Wonder how much money they took in that night? The real healing needed is people’s common sense! The only thing going BOOM for most of these yahoos is their personal bank accounts

brent(inWorship)

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:14 pm

“If you have a tumor…see if its gone”

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!

Jonathan Charlie Chang

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Dang, brent(inWorship) you beat me to the punch. What she said there made me seriously LOL.

nicodemusatnite.blogspot.com

@KevinSwitzer

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Still have this pesky tumor. Guess I had to be there.

ReleventISHpastor

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:29 pm

oh on another note, curse you MPT for getting me addicted to Christian Nightmares. It is my new failblog.org

Naomi

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:30 pm

And those of us seeking the acceptance of disabled people in churches take a step backwards…

Candace

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:35 pm

while I may not agree with the whole screaming at God and the crowd sort of style, who’s to say God can’t do something through her still? do we think that God can’t heal anymore? I love this blog and frequently reference it in conversation, but I think we need to be careful to not minimize what God may be doing through people we don’t like or agree with. not all evangelists/preachers are out for people’s money. go ahead and mock her style, but tread lightly when judging one’s character or motivations.

Amy Perry

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I agree Candace; very well said.

Phil 'the muss' Heslop from NZ

posted May 11, 2010 at 3:00 pm

I think God can still heal, but I think there needs to be a laying on of hands, to be honest, not standing up on a stage saying ‘boom’ like my 2.5 year old nephew does when he whacks a piece of wood with a hammer.

I can understand an excitement in the spirit, but seriously, yelling into the mic isn’t excitement in your spirit, it’s hype – in my opinion.

Jenn

posted May 11, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I agree with Naomi. While I believe God does heal this kind of mentality/preaching places people with any kind prolonged illness/pain/disability in a neat box “Those who don’t pray enough, don’t have enough faith or are sinners and are in need of ___.”

Amy

posted May 11, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Thank you. When my brother was born with Down Syndrome, one of my parents’ close friends told them that he didn’t have to have DS, if they just had more faith. He’s 30 now and I swear, he’s a much better Christian than me. It’s difficult finding places for people with disabilities in the church. A lot of people at my parents’ church just try to pretend he doesn’t exist.

Cindy

posted May 11, 2010 at 7:31 pm

BOOM!!!! Did she go to the Emeril Lagasse school of healing?!?!? LOL

Religion Gone Crazy

posted May 12, 2010 at 1:21 am

Thanks for posting our video! May sanity be with you. RGC

abbie

posted May 12, 2010 at 6:04 am

God does not exist in a vacuum or a box. When Jesus called Lazarus out of the tomb, it says He yelled in a very loud voice. The word used in Greek for Loud is “krazo” and in our English language there is no comparable word for the immensity of how loud and ‘crazy’ it actually was. Instead of understanding why someone would feel the need to yell, maybe we should stop pointing the finger and realize Jesus yelled crazy things as did plenty of people in the Old Testament (2 Chronicles 20).

Lee

posted May 12, 2010 at 8:11 am

Dear MPT,

From :27 to :37: ‘The cats are free zone in Castro?’ Is she speaking in spiritual code, or are Cuban felines ranging unattended in Havana?

Perplexedly yours, Lee