Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

Rush Limbaugh says that God hates our new health care bill

FOUND HERE: “You know, a couple of days after the health care bill had been signed into law Obama ran around all over the country saying, “Hey, you know, I’m looking around. The earth hadn’t opened up. There’s no Armageddon out there. The birds are still chirping.” I think the earth has opened up. God may have replied.Earth has opened up. I don’t know whether it’s a rebirth or Armageddon. Hopefully it’s a rebirth, God speaking.”

Rush goes on to say…

“This volcano in Iceland has grounded more airplanes — airspace has more affected — than even after 9/11 because of this plume, because of this ash cloud over Northern and Western Europe. At the Paris airport they’re telling people to head to the train station to catch trains out of France, and when people get to the train station they’re telling people, “There aren’t any seats until at least April 22nd,” basically a week from now. It’s got everybody in a shutdown.”

It makes total sense that God would reveal his opinion about our health care bill by erupting a volcano in Iceland and shutting down air travel all across Europe. I guess he figures that having Rush Limbaugh is enough of a “volcano” to pass his judgment onto other people.

Maybe all of this somehow explains the insanity that is the Book of Judges.

I still blame the volcano on the Dove Awards. You never know. :)

Shellie (baylormum)

posted April 21, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I know the guy is a fellow addict, and I do love him because God tells me to, but geez!!! He has been & always will be a little too fruity for me! The sad part is the people who think his word is “gospel”. (lightening is gonna strike me dead).

Natey

posted April 21, 2010 at 4:44 pm

amazing that one who lives in sarcasm cannot recognize it.

Matthew Paul Turner

posted April 21, 2010 at 4:48 pm

If Rush actually believed he was doing satire, I’d recognize it for sure. But he takes himself far too seriously. :) And he’s not funny.

Regular Guy

posted April 21, 2010 at 5:01 pm

I think you TOTALLY missed the point. Mr. Limbaugh was playing off of something that President Obama said which was “Hey, you know, I’m looking around. The earth hadn’t opened up. There’s no Armageddon out there. The birds are still chirping.” meaning that those who objected to it were wrong when they said that it would cause major problems. I think that Mr. Limbaugh was parodying what President Obama had said.

Not surprised that you missed the point. Your source of Media Matters has a way of cutting out most of the recording to suit themselves. If you want the full transcript, Mr. Limbaugh has it available on his website http://www.rushlimbaugh.com so you can be fully informed of what he said. It’s witch-hunting like this that makes Christians look bad.

Matthew Paul Turner

posted April 21, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Dear Regular Guy,

You used the term “witch-hunting”. Your comment doesn’t count.

Regular Guy

posted April 21, 2010 at 5:15 pm

That seems fair enough. ;-)

Danny Bixby

posted April 21, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Sad.

Hilarious.

But sad.

Diane

posted April 21, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Rush to judgement, as usual. He forgets that Iceland has universal health care.

Noelle

posted April 21, 2010 at 7:08 pm

mebbe Rush doesn’t fact check his Wiki before he spouts his obnoxious thoughts. I doubt God cares we just passed some mild insurance reform.

Blaming natural disasters on unrelated stuff you don’t like is so totally last decade

Regular Guy

posted April 21, 2010 at 8:07 pm

You cannot separate what Mr. Limbaugh said from what President Obama said. To do so is taking Mr. Limbaugh out of context! I hope this isn’t the way you read your Bible! Pulling things out of their context does damage to the intent!! You may not like his politics, but at least keep his remarks in their context!

cshell

posted April 21, 2010 at 7:51 pm

it’s just the pills talking…

Regular Guy

posted April 21, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Oh geez! THAT’S not being judgmental!! You may be closer to the “Mr.Limbaugh” that you think is so judgmental, than you want to be! I know, let’s call him “fat” too! Oooh, I know… let’s make fun of his handicap too! I wish I could be as perfect as you!!

cshell

posted April 22, 2010 at 8:51 am

Rush, is this you?

Regular Guy

posted April 22, 2010 at 10:17 am

cshell, no I am not Mr. Limbaugh, just a “regular guy”. I see articles like this one that shave so much off of a statement that it changes the meaning, and it disappoints me. It disappoints me because it doesn’t argue ideals, it’s done just to make somebody look bad. Sadly, others join in with name calling or other inappropriate statements that add nothing to a discussion. Why didn’t you say that President Obama’s statement was his dope he was smoking doing the talking? My guess is that you only bring angry words into an arguement. My next guess is that you probably want to call me names like: “right-wing nut job”, “kool-aid drinker” or any other names that many use to quiet someone who opposes their thoughts. But answer this; why is what Mr. Limbaugh said NOT kept in it’s proper context? My guess, jesusneedsnewpr doesn’t like him and is trying to make him look like a kook.

cshell

posted April 22, 2010 at 11:03 am

I’m a big Donavan McNabb fan….

Editor

posted April 22, 2010 at 11:46 am

Mr. Limbaugh makes himself look like a kook, context or not. He does it for money. He says things – in the midst of his informed context – that he knows will get buzzed around the internet and stir up controversy. He is intelligent when it comes to stirring the pot.

He went from a national radio show to being featured on Fox News 18 hours out of the day because his brand of kookiness sells.

I think Jesus Needs New PR welcomes your opposing thoughts. MPT is also very intelligent, doesn’t mind stirring the pot.

Z

posted April 22, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Limbaugh brings it on himself. Even my super conservative parents think he’s a senile kook.

Regular Guy

posted April 22, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Editor, “he makes himself look like a kook”? How does he do that, by being misquoted and/or taken out of context? In my opinion, that would be like saying, “I think that jesusneedsnewpr.net thinks that Jesus send the bubonic plague on people on a whim and boredom just because “that’s where my finger lands” (referencing the “Jesus” picture of the hands around the spinning earth). Is that the kind of Jesus you have for a Savior? One who, out of boredom, puts plagues on people just for kicks and giggles? Really??

You are right, he does talk for money, but then again, that’s not a bad thing. This website makes money by posting odd and irreverant things and by using sarcasm. Does that make this website and MPT a kook? The things he says “gets buzzed around” by websites like Media Matters and others who are looking to cut, slice, and trim in a way that makes him sound like a kook. I will give you this: “He is intelligent when it comes to stirring the pot.” He certainly doesn’t seem to back down from a challenge.

“Z”, it doesn’t matter if your parents are “super conservative” or not. My question remains, is it because he is taken out of context and misrepresented? My guess is yes. They may think he’s a kook, but he seems to back up what he says with his statement “almost always right 98.8%” (or whatever the current percentage is). If he is “almost always right”, then those who think he’s a kook would be … wrong?

cshell … nice – “Donavan McNabb fan” … I’m guessing that goes all the way back to 2002 or 2003 and the short-run spot on ESPN? Once again, read what he said and not what others were saying and you might see the whole situation clearly.

Z

posted April 23, 2010 at 9:26 am

Regular Guy, Not sure about the almost always right thing. If you mean almost always politically right, then yes. I do understand what you are saying about being taken out of context though. I’d like to see this documentation he loves to brag about. Then maybe he can tell me “See I Told You So” (book is still in our library) haha. Sorry man, I just dont like the guy and hope he’s not how non-Christians view our beloved faith, that’s all.

Regular Guy

posted April 23, 2010 at 11:11 am

“Z” – As far as I know, Mr. Limbaugh has not talked about his spiritual journey. My guess is that he would not place himself as a posterboy for being a Christian. I would also guess that he talks politics, not religion. Non-christians would have no reason to tie what he says to any representation of Christians.

Now, let me repeat. I do not know Mr. Limbaugh’s spiritaul condition. I do not know if he is a Christ-follower or not. I would imagine that there are some part of his life that (like the rest of us) he would like to keep private.

Phil 'the muss' Heslop from NZ

posted April 21, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Ok, Im from New Zealand where 12 year olds hopped up on P (meth) rob shops and 14 year olds getting pregnant is common place, ‘dating’ is going out, getting absolutely plastered and seeing who you wake up next to and your ‘manhood’ is measured by how many guys you can fight at once. And even this is just plain wack-a-dodo for me!

I’ve heard it preached recently (from an American I think) that the recent geological activity is about God casting out principalities from the regions effected (Haiti, Chile, Iceland) so that a move of Him can take place there – which makes more sense then Mr. Limbaugh’s thoughts!

Amy

posted April 23, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Keith

posted April 25, 2010 at 8:17 am

I wasn’t going to jump in here, but I just wanted ‘regular guy’ to know he’s not alone out there. I just read about how much Matt looks up to and admires David Sedaris (which I actually don’t have any problem with), but then to read further to find a ,yes, out of context submission taken and linking to a pro-homosexual advocacy website (which should have MAYBE been a heads up that they may not be big Rush fans, although I personally have heard homosexuals call in and thank Rush for all he does). So to clarify, we shouldn’t be critical of David Sedaris but Rush Limbaugh is fair game. Some of you may want take just a little more time rethinking all of that. I’m sure I’ve read more David Sedaris than most of you commentators here have EVER heard what Rush has to say.

Larry