Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

JESUS PICTURE OF THE DAY: Glazed Jesus… Mmm

Sweet Jesus!

Look at that, it’s a honey bun or a doughnut or some other kind of deep-fried dough shaped liked our Lord and Savior! My Twitter friend Dennis found this fattening crucifix at a bakery in his hometown of Silicon Valley, California.

Looks like even the nails are edible.

I’d love to talk to somebody who invited this Jesus into their stomach, if only to learn whether or not it came out of the tomb on the third day.

Would you eat this ‘Jesus’?

davidpeck

posted April 6, 2010 at 11:36 am

OMG! They crucified the Ghost Busters logo!

garrett

posted April 6, 2010 at 11:37 am

I think i just puked a little in my mouth.

Ryan

posted April 6, 2010 at 11:43 am

Someone is actually claiming to be from Silicon Valley California, LMBO!!! I guess that sounds cooler than San Jose, Santa Clara, Cuppertino, Mountain View, etc, etc. Why is Jesus always white? I bet if that donut could take it would have a British accent!!!

Pianolady32

posted April 6, 2010 at 11:44 am

All I can say is wow. I’m a bit underwhelmed. Was that actually in a bakery? I’m pretty sure I’d pass that up and go for a plain old glazed donut.

Cody

posted April 6, 2010 at 11:50 am

If he does come out of the tomb on the 3rd day, I bet he’ll stinketh.

Rand

posted April 6, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Yum!

scottpcusa

posted April 6, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Wow…just wow! I don’t think I would eat it. And I don’t think that thing would take 3 days to come out of the tomb. I think it would have a shorter trip through the human body than a White Castle cheeseburger!

Tom

posted April 6, 2010 at 12:17 pm

John 6:54
Whoever eats my (doughy) flesh and drinks my blood (of strawberry jelly) has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Amber

posted April 6, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Hahah this is funny. Communion never tasted so good lol

Ms. Random

posted April 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I am SERIOUSLY not believing this! CraZy!

Brandongilbert

posted April 6, 2010 at 12:26 pm

This Jesus really lives in your heart….and arteries.

Travis Mamone

posted April 6, 2010 at 12:38 pm

That’s just wrong, man!

jan owen

posted April 6, 2010 at 12:46 pm

It looks like a ghost to me. It doesn’t look a thing like Jesus, I don’t think anyway. I’ve never seen Jesus of course, but I think he’d look better than this!!!

Rocco

posted April 6, 2010 at 1:00 pm

“came out of the tomb” ROFLMAO

Dennis

posted April 6, 2010 at 2:07 pm

All – It is odd, but true.

This is from a local shop called Psycho Donuts (http://www.psycho-donuts.com/) – where they are known for their “different” donuts. Details on the Easter ones here: http://psychodonuts.blogspot.com/2010/04/easter-donuts-continue-to-roll-off.html – including the “He is Risen” raised donut! They also had a peeps (http://psychodonuts.blogspot.com/2010/03/worlds-craziest-easter-donut.html) and bunny (http://psychodonuts.blogspot.com/2010/03/psych-up-for-psycheaster-and-more.html) donuts that were diff.

A little irreverent, but they do make GREAT donuts!

BTW, Ryan…I changed my location to San Jose! ūüėČ

MPT – Thanks for posting…I KNEW you’d get a kick out of this!

D

Ryan

posted April 6, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Hey Dennis, I’ve been there, that place is quite unique!!! I actually thought the Silicon Valley thing was creative! Thanks for sharing the pic, fun discussion. Fun to also see another Bay Area fan of MPT! Hope you are having a good week! Ryan

ed cyzewski

posted April 6, 2010 at 2:31 pm

They cake-wrecked Jesus!!! Nooo!

rfbryant

posted April 6, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Words just don’t express.

Seriously, I laughed.

Jaycee (E.A)

posted April 6, 2010 at 6:33 pm

I would so NOT eat this. Lol.

Jordan Zweigoron

posted April 6, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Believe it or thee shall perish! Chief Psycho at Psycho Donuts is happy to deliver such vile delectables unto thy masses. We welcome you to the Eternal Church of Insanity, which requires a trip to Psycho Donuts in Campbell California.

Lj Gay

posted April 6, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I wouldn’t be able to stomach it.

Sherry

posted April 7, 2010 at 1:33 pm

OMGosh – that is awesome. But, glazed Jesus rises faster and thus comes out of the tomb faster…(ewww)
So on that note I don’t think I want to eat Jesus. Now Santa – I’ll all down for eatting that (and chocolate bunnies, yellow Peps, etc…)

Tymn

posted April 9, 2010 at 1:38 am

I realize it’s no Jesus doughnut, but I found Jesus in the bathroom at work: http://tymn.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/bathroom-floor-jesus-with-cross.jpg