Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

iPad: Who’s Got One?

posted by Scot McKnight

Let’s hear what the new (and very proud) owners of the iPad have to say about it?

art

posted April 3, 2010 at 6:29 pm

i have one and it’s surpassed my expectations of it, which were pretty high!
it’s absolutely amazing.

Bob

posted April 3, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Are you that elated when you go to church on Sunday?

John M.

posted April 3, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Would Jesus have an iPad?

Scot McKnight

posted April 3, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Jesus was clearly an Apple guy.

Adam Back

posted April 4, 2010 at 8:54 am

I’d like to see Jesus’ top 25 apps.

Chris

posted April 4, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Is it too greedy to own an iphone & an ipad? But I have to wait ’til end of April here in Canada.

John M.

posted April 4, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Would Jesus have his own apps? Coach Calipari here in KY has his own apps — people are buying them like crazy. Maybe you should come up with some “Jesus apps” Scot.
I can imagine Jesus’ twitters (if he would have twittered, which, of course is a large theological questiion). Here are some reimagined samples” “Crossing the Sea of Galilee, now.”, “Just cast a Demonic’s demons into some pigs.” “Uh,http://blog.beliefnet.com/jesuscreed/ leaving town now. Seems these Jews like their pigs a lot.”
OK I’ll stop. One could actually twitter a Harmony of the Gospels, it seems…

John M.

posted April 4, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Wow! This has to be a prophetic intervention or something. I had copied a link to Scot’s blog in another location to recommend Daniel Kirk’s article to some friends, and then I copied my post before I refreshed the CAPTCHA, so I wouldn’t lose it. It remained after I refreshed, so I didn’t paste it, but just posted. When I looked back at the post, low and behold Jesus had twittered the link to Jesus Creed. Now we know that Jesus would recommend Scot’s Blog!

Brendan Dixon

posted April 4, 2010 at 8:43 pm

I received mine Saturday morning and have spent about 3 hours reading on it, which will be my main use. It is a much better experience, in my mind, than the liquid crystal devices (such as the Kindle) since the text is so crisp and clean. I found it very easy to read for extended periods.
It does need iPad designed applications. While the iPhone apps work, the experience is poor.

Andrew Murray

posted April 5, 2010 at 3:41 am

I have a couple of Bible reading apps on my iPhone. They are nice, but I can’t wait to see what apps for Bible reading software developers will come up with for the iPad! I plan to buy one in a few weeks when the 3G-enabled version is released.