Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

Aksel Loves Thomas

posted by Scot McKnight

Aksel, our grandson, loves Thomas the Train. Kris sent him a couple of Thomas the Train books and as Annika (his mom) opened up the books and (Aunt) Laura snapped pictures, they caught Aksel in the act of being delighted in seeing Thomas. By evening, they had read him the books about 30x.

AkselThomas.jpg

steph

posted April 3, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Hey Scot – my Ezra, 18 months, is obsessed with Thomas, too. I just bought him that same set of board books and have read them innumerable times. We have all of the movies – like, ALL of them – from my now-7-year-old son’s season of Thomas-ing. I can think of worse things for the kids to enjoy. :)

EricG

posted April 3, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Every year the Illinois Railway Museum (which I think is very close to you) has a “Day out with Thomas.” If you go, you get to ride on Thomas, meet Sir Topham Hat, and do other stuff Aksel might like.

John W Frye

posted April 3, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Scot and Kris, yes! Welcome to the Thomas the Tank Engine grandparents club. Our grandsons really liked all things Thomas!

RJS

posted April 3, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Thomas isn’t a son or grandson thing … We have a large supply of Thomas from tapes to books to trains to bedspread and sheets. Started with daughter continued to son. A complete book of the original stories.
Ah…for those days
(Again – captcha failed…)

Christine

posted April 3, 2010 at 1:53 pm

yeah, RJS, captacha failing occurs much too often!

tscott

posted April 3, 2010 at 3:42 pm

ditto to- first grandchild…ditto to- for those days
My answer scares me because of the commercial:
Query to why do you love me? “You are my soul mate”
Answer. “Ditto”

Steve Jones

posted April 3, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Hi Scott -
In your article in the April Christianity Today you mentioned a standarized psychological test that you give your students – 2 parts – one about Jesus and one about the student. I would love to take the test and to share it with some friends. Any chance of getting a copy of it ? Thanks !

Ted M. Gossard

posted April 3, 2010 at 4:52 pm

We’ll have to look into that. Looks like he’ll be a lover of books as well!

Scot McKnight

posted April 3, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Steve, it’s at the back of my book called The Blue Parakeet: Rethinking How You Read the Bible

Steve Jones

posted April 3, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Great – i will get a copy – thanks !!!

Bob Arnet

posted April 3, 2010 at 7:32 pm

I love Aksel’s expression with his mouth open.