Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

What were you doing when you first heard this song?

posted by Scot McKnight

Barb

posted February 18, 2010 at 4:01 pm

I was a Jr. in High School–we loved it, learned all the words and sang it often–I can still hear it in my head!

Bill Kinnon

posted February 18, 2010 at 5:50 pm

I was in Grade Six and listening to Canadian Forces Network radio on a base in North Eastern France.

Phillip

posted February 18, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Uh, I don’t remember where I was when I first heard it. But when it first came out, I think I was in my mother’s womb. :)

RJS

posted February 18, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Early 1966 would mean 1st grade. I don’t know if I ever heard it at the time. I remember it from college many years later when a roommate sang it all the time – particularly when thinking about one boy she had a serious problem with.

Dan

posted February 18, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I don’t recall ever hearing the original – but what I do recall the wonderful, incredible re-recording of the song that Jessica Simpson did for the Dukes Of Hazzard movie.

Michael W. Kruse

posted February 18, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I was in 1st grade. I remember my two older sisters singing it. I think we may have had the 45. What’s interesting is her boots are back in style.

Don

posted February 18, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I was in graduate school

Rick in TX

posted February 18, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Probably riding my bicycle in my hometown of Davis CA. Or else watching Nancy on the Ed Sullivan show. Later I would go away to college and my roommate would be the son of the Nancy’s producer – a very flaky fellow who can be seen here –
Apparently still about as flaky as then.

Scot McKnight

posted February 18, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Kris and I were in 6th grade … at different grade schools. But we knew one another by then.

Dave Terpstra

posted February 18, 2010 at 11:32 pm

I was thinking that Austin Powers was going to get in a lot of trouble with his new girlfriend, Vanessa, when she found him with all those fembots. However, it turned out he was able to explain himself and she forgave him.

Pat H

posted February 19, 2010 at 9:07 am

First time I heard this song? I think right now. :)

me2

posted February 19, 2010 at 10:41 am

I was in 6th grade and some of the girls were wearing white go-go boots to school.

Chris

posted February 19, 2010 at 11:28 am

In university

Michael W. Kruse

posted February 19, 2010 at 11:43 am

Pat H. #11
There clearly have been serious deficiencies in your cultural education. :-)

Jeremy Berg

posted February 19, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I think my mom was in 2nd grade… =)

Eleanor

posted February 19, 2010 at 3:16 pm

In my parents’ living room as a kindergartener, dancing around listening to it on WEEU radio in Reading, Pa.

Bob Cornwall

posted February 19, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I was 8, so I was in 2nd grade, living in the little burg of Mount Shasta, in Northern California. And no, I didn’t ask my mom for a pair of the boots.

Paul

posted February 20, 2010 at 11:28 pm

I was popping Jiffy Pop popcorn on the stovetop in my pajamas.