Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

Prayer for Ft Hood

posted by Scot McKnight

Our prayers are with the families of the dead, for the wounded and for the families of the wounded; we pray for the attacker and his family as well.

Gracious God, the comfort of all who sorrow, the strength of all who suffer: Let the cry of those in misery and need come to you, that they may find your mercy present with them in all their afflictions; and give us, we pray, the strength to serve them for the sake of him who suffered for us, your Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Mike M

posted November 5, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Amen.
Thanks Dr.M

Becky

posted November 5, 2009 at 8:41 pm

What a great prayer.

Jim Martin

posted November 5, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I am glad you posted this prayer. Just 30 minutes before this shooting, I was having lunch with three other ministers in Belton, about a 20 minute drive from Ft. Hood. This is a heartbreaking story for this Central Texas community and is a reminder of so many of the Luby’s massacre which took place in Killeen, just outside of Ft. Hood in October, 1991.

Travis Greene

posted November 5, 2009 at 9:15 pm

And the attacker and his family.

Scot McKnight

posted November 5, 2009 at 9:19 pm

Thanks Travis. I added some … and I just heard that the attacker is alive.

Br. James Patrick

posted November 5, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Rest eternal grant them, O Lord;
and let light perpetual shine upon them.

preacherman

posted November 6, 2009 at 10:17 am

Amen..
Wonderful prayer.
We are praying and will continue to pray that God will given all of them an extra portion of His grace, love,mercy, peace, comfort and complete healing. I will aso pray for the gunman that God will change Him as he has change Paul and so many others hearts and lives. Let us all boldy approach the throne of Grace and pray with the authority we have through Jesus Christ!

Joey

posted November 6, 2009 at 11:17 am

May we also keep in our prayers those peaceful Muslims and people of Middle-Eastern descent who will inevitably be subject to racism and persecution because of the actions of a few.

Ben

posted November 6, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Amen and amen to these and the millions of prayers being said around the nation. As I prepare to head to the candlelight vigil here on Fort Hood in honor of all of the dead and wounded, but specifically those in my brigade, I can’t help but ask that you all think about the significance of this event, and ask yourself why the death of 13 of God’s children in any of a number of countries around the world fails to get a single line in a newspaper. This tragedy has hit very, very close to home for me, and is a true loss, but it has also been cause for reflection in my own life on whether I place value, through real action, on God’s other Children.
bdj

Robert Greene

posted November 6, 2009 at 11:12 pm

Our heart and prayers go out to all the Soldiers and Familys during this time, God bless you all.