Andrew Marin’s life is devoted to ministry with and to the GLBT community, and his approach to them is one of love, and his hope is to elevate the conversation. In the 7th chp of Love Is an Orientation: Elevating the Conversation With the Gay Community Andrew proposes the “big 5” principles for a constructive conversation.
These Big 5 move us out of the “yes vs no” debate to the power of “with”. What do you think of these Big Five?
1. To shift each person’s mind frame away from the thing things that bind our yearning for anything else but God (Mind-Frame-Shift principle; Gen 19).
2. To bring each person to their own crossroad of belief where they make a choice to live distinctly for God or not (Crossroads principle from the holiness code).
3. To recognize from that choice what positively or negatively affects an individual’s onenss with the Lord (Oneness principle; Rom 1:26-27).
4. To know when to release control of someone else’s life (1 Cor 6:9-11).
5. To keep an open path for God to accomplish his will for a person’s life, even until their last breath (Think-Big principle, 1 Tim 1:9-11).