Jesus Creed

What’s your favorite…

posted by Scot McKnight

Song by these two guys?

This guy?

steph seefeldt

posted February 27, 2009 at 4:41 pm

i dunno, but Barry Manilow live was one of the best concerts I’ve ever seen for sheer entertainment value. Bradley Center. Milwaukee. Packed house. It was amazing.
either ‘Weekend in New England’ or ‘Mandy’ for ballads, but of course his best song ever is
‘Copacabana’.

Peggy

posted February 27, 2009 at 5:30 pm

I agree … his live concerts are amazing! Hard to choose my favorite Manilow song … but I just love his amazing “jingle” medley!
…my three boys think Rick rocks! ;^)

Peggy

posted February 27, 2009 at 5:30 pm

…my three boys think Rick rocks! ;^)

Mike Bird

posted February 27, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Scot,
How many times are you going to post this on the web? Even I’m starting to think that I’m Rick Astley!
On Barry Manilow, his best song has to be Coppa Cabana [sic].
Blessings
MB

Pete Enns

posted February 27, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Scot, dude, slow night?
I pick Manilow, because I hate being reminded of ’80s music.

Pete Enns

posted February 27, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Oh, and Mandy made me cry in 9th grade.

Scot McKnight

posted February 27, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Mike,
Yep, we’re together forever with Rick the Roller. How about his ability to dance … NOT.

Michael Metts

posted February 27, 2009 at 11:10 pm

Scot,
Sorry I used to give you a hard time. Please accept my apology. I never did throw out your books. I was just sour when I thought you were pro-Obama and critical of my Reformed friends.
I’m taking a class at the moment on 1st Peter and your commentary was brought up favorably in discussion. I will be picking it up soon. I think your language skills are top-notch.
Grace and peace,
Michael

Craig Beard

posted February 28, 2009 at 11:34 am

In spite of “his ability to dance … NOT,” I like Astley. [“Hopelessly” and “Never Gonna Give You Up” as favorites.] Hey, THAT voice coming out of THAT body! It’s amazing. Granted, I’d rather HEAR Rick than WATCH him.

discokvn

posted February 28, 2009 at 10:27 pm

can i pick the moments of silence between songs?
i mean no offense but how come nobody ever asks, “what’s your favorite John Lee Hooker song?” or if we wish to keep it in the family, “what’s your favorite rev. gary davis song?”
peace,