Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

Cubs Schedule (vs. LA Dodgers)

posted by xscot mcknight

Wednesday: 5:30pm
Thursday: 8:30pm
Saturday @ LA: 9pm
(All times Central)
The Commish is out to get us; we are playing Thurs and Sat at ridiculously late times.

Rick

posted September 29, 2008 at 6:24 am

Scot-
Had no idea you were a Cubs fan. I knew I liked you for some reason.
Go Cubbies!

Thom

posted September 29, 2008 at 6:49 am

Scot,
As a Dodgers fan on the East coast, I am getting ready for a week of coffee, coffee, coffee as I try to stay up for a 9:30pm Thursday and 10:00pm Saturday start.
May the best team win.

Tim Gombis

posted September 29, 2008 at 7:29 am

What on earth!? How do you start a ballgame in the Midwest at 8:30 Central Time!? They should even it out by starting in LA in mid-afternoon so that the rest of us can enjoy. Yep, they want the feel-good story of Torre and Manny vs. the Red Sox. Something’s afoot…

Rick

posted September 29, 2008 at 7:33 am

A Wrigley / Fenway series…now that’s a purist’s dream!

Chris Ridgeway

posted September 29, 2008 at 12:00 pm

Cubs in the playoffs… I’m gettin’ no work done this week!
Have you heard the new Cubs song Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) just wrote??

George Mitrovich

posted September 29, 2008 at 3:11 pm

Scot,
The starting time determined by MLB is the real world. It is a world dictated by TV and the huge sums of money paid to broadcast games.
Cubs/Dodgers in LA only means 7:30 pm in the Midwest. Even farmers can stay up that late! So be done with conspiracy ideas. They’re silly.
Your great concern should be whether the Cubbies can contain Manny Ramirez. He turned around the Dodgers’ season. He’s capable of taking out the Cubs and carrying his new team all the way to the World Series.
Yes, Cub fans have waited 100-years for a World Series win. Yes, but what’s another 100 years?
Cheers,
George Mitrovich

Scot McKnight

posted September 29, 2008 at 3:24 pm

George,
Wait a minute: I see a note in my box that was forwarded to me and it is from the Commish.
A .pdf.
Wed night: 5:30pm (6:30 ET)
Thur night: 8:30pm (9:30 ET)
Sat night: 9:00pm (10 ET)
Where do you get the 7:30pm time?
I’m confident the Cubs will be ready.

Rick

posted September 29, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Chris,
Just heard the song. I got a little choked up…I’m not going to lie to you.

Mike Mangold