One special text in John about heaven:
John 3:26 They came to John and said to him, ?Rabbi, the one who was with [ie. Jesus] you across the Jordan, to whom you testified, here he is baptizing, and all are going to him.? 27 John answered, ?No one can receive anything except what has been given from heaven. 28 You yourselves are my witnesses that I said, ?I am not the Messiah, but I have been sent ahead of him.? 29 He who has the bride is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom?s voice. For this reason my joy has been fulfilled. 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.? John 3:31 The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks about earthly things. The one who comes from heaven is above all.
Jesus is baptizing; people query John about it.
1. I do what the Father called me to do (vs. 27).
2. I am not the Messiah (v. 28).
3. I am the friend of the bridegroom and this is all about the bridegroom (v. 29).
4. I am thrilled they are going to Jesus (v. 30).
5. Jesus is the one from above; he is above all; he is the one from heaven — from the presence of God.