A short one: 44 ?The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field..
But full of ideas. We will begin Feb 22 a series on the parables of Jesus by going week by week through Klyne Snodgrass’s big ole book on the parables (Stories with Intent). (So, some thoughts will be postponed until then.)
1. Kingdom is like a treasure.
2. Kingdom is like a treasure that is buried in a field.
3. Discovery of this treasure generates joy in the finder.
4. This treasure is so valuable he sold everything he had — an allusion perhaps to surrendering one’s possessions or materialism as a disciple.
5. The kingdom is worth everything one has.