Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

A package from God

posted by xscot mcknight

No kidding. On Valentine’s Day I got a package from a publisher, which evidently uses some kind of automated lettering system, and it just so happens that the letters showed up as “G-O-D.” Check it out by clicking on the image to get a biggrer size:
mcknight-god-box.jpg
Thanks to Boaz for spotting the sender and to Chris Ridgeway for converting it into a .jpg file for me.

art

posted February 27, 2008 at 1:10 am

That’s hilarious. A package from God on Valentine’s Day. Was it full of books? I hear he knows everything about us, so he must have known what you love!

Jon

posted February 27, 2008 at 2:24 am

Hmm, so God uses UPS when he wants to send a package? That’d be a heck of an endorsement for the guys in brown.
Jon

David Reeves

posted February 27, 2008 at 6:59 am

It looks like either God or Goo, depending on your view

Rob G

posted February 27, 2008 at 7:57 am

I knew you were good, Scot, but I didn’t know you had that kind of direct line to God!

Doug P

posted February 27, 2008 at 8:49 am

Any chance you might share the *contents* of said package? :-)

Scot McKnight

posted February 27, 2008 at 8:50 am

Doug P,
It was a book about world religions sent to me because I’m a professor.

Michael

posted February 27, 2008 at 10:14 am

The Bible does say he “gave gifts to men”…

real live preacher

posted February 27, 2008 at 11:00 am

Wow, I’d like to have one of those.

BL Davis

posted February 27, 2008 at 11:40 am

I wonder if the fine folks at FedEx know that they are not God’s preferred package carrier?

Cam

posted February 27, 2008 at 3:43 pm

In a similar vein, when I comment on a post and check the ‘Notify me of followup comments via e-mail’, my free webmail provider tells me I have mail from Jesus Creed, and asks whether I would like to invite Jesus to GMail?

Richie Merritt

posted February 27, 2008 at 5:20 pm

That is too funny man. What is the acronym for? Meaning the whole company name?
Or maybe just maybe it was the hand of God changing the From: Line before arrival? mmmmm…., betta watch out Scot! By the way, I just picked up both the Creed and Embracing Grace. I am looking forward to the reads.

pepy3

posted February 27, 2008 at 7:57 pm

what if you need to return it?