Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

To Scot from Scot: Unwrapped

posted by xscot mcknight

The response yesterday was delightful. What fun we had laughing and last night in our small group we laughed and laughed about some of the responses. Originally I thought I’d reveal the gift on December 26, but Kris insisted that I reveal what it is that I bought for myself. BUT I thought I’d begin with what it is NOT — and what is NOT was sent to me from a reader (Jason). Here’s what it is NOT:
hc4d.jpg
Drumroll… here’s what it is and we had one commenter who figured it out. “T”. Congrats to T and if he’d write me, give me his address and size of shoe (I’d add one size for the lined Crocs). And let me know which of my books you’d like as well.
blue-jeans-021.jpg

eugene

posted December 14, 2007 at 1:01 am

I can be “T”

Julie

posted December 14, 2007 at 5:49 am

That is so great! I bought myself slippers for Christmas last year and did what you do – I wrapped them and put them under the tree. This whole discussion made me chuckle.

John W Frye

posted December 14, 2007 at 7:57 am

Sometimes they call me “Mister T.” :)

Rick

posted December 14, 2007 at 9:02 am

Those were going to be my next guess…..NOT.

Ted

posted December 14, 2007 at 9:39 am

That is a HOOT, and an idea! I have not seen those in our area.

Diane

posted December 14, 2007 at 10:30 am

Now are you going to wear those out in public with your jeans or just at home as slippers? (I hope only at home!)

T

posted December 14, 2007 at 10:46 am

Sweet!!!! Woo Hooo!!
On what other blog can you can talk about the heart of the Christian faith (and so much that flows from it) with such great people AND get gifts–especially books and crocs!! What can I say? Thanks for your many forms of generosity, Scot. (even to yourself) You’ve made my morning yet again.
As a croc lover, I will admit a slight advantage in the competition (the tread does wear out rather quickly, and they’re just too comfortable). As a lawyer, I will point out we croc owners were not excluded from playing.
As a life-long South Florida resident, I will likely choose some non-lined kind of croc for my never-winter life. Now to decide on the book! I already have Jesus Creed . . .

Kim

posted December 14, 2007 at 10:58 am

They do look comfy and even warm, but I’m with Diane, I hope you save them for home use only! (Unless your jeans are long enough to cover up the fuzzies! Ha!)
Anyway, I love the idea of getting a “to you, from you” gift each year! Funny!!!

Laura Barringer

posted December 14, 2007 at 11:01 am

Kris forgot to mention she has a gift under the tree, too – “To Kris from Kris.” (Also fuzzy Crocs!)

Kim

posted December 14, 2007 at 11:07 am

Too funny! Aren’t they just too cute!?! Are hers brown, too? Are they going to be worn in public???

steph

posted December 14, 2007 at 11:18 am

all of you public croc-haters need to stand down!!! they are the MOST AWESOME shoes to wear – in public, in private, to church, wherever!!! I love mine, and I think whoever finally officially LINED them should be revered!
;)
Happy Advent, all.
S
ps – i do often forget about the toe holes in the FRONT, though. THEY can be problematic in the snow. Not the top ones, just the front ones.

Brad Cooper

posted December 14, 2007 at 12:12 pm

T,
You do bring up a good point. As a lawyer, you may see a legal loophole in this whole thing. But from a standpoint of pure justice, I think you had an unfair advantage. OK, I’m just jealous…. ;) Enjoy the crocs, brother. My daughter has a pair but I’ve never seen the lined ones. I’m starting to think I may have to add that to my gift list for my birthday in January! :)

BB

posted December 14, 2007 at 12:56 pm

Scot,
Did you ever get the burr grinder? Advent blessings!

pepy3

posted December 14, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Wow, they look like crocs on HGH! Congrats Mr. T LLP.

sheryl

posted December 14, 2007 at 1:12 pm

those look soooo comfortable! i saw the toddler version recently and they are adorable. that was definitely a fun post yesterday. congrats to T!

Scot McKnight

posted December 14, 2007 at 1:53 pm

BB,
Yes we did get a Zassenhaus burr grinder. A small box grinder. I like it.

BeckyR

posted December 14, 2007 at 2:37 pm

What is a burr, and how does the grinder work so to grind it? Or is it a grinder with burrs that do the grinding? And last of all, in these here parts, a burr is one of those seeds that tenaciously hang onto your clothing and must be hand picked off. Who would want to grind those? Except perhaps to eradicate them from the face of the earth.
Bur really, what is a burr grinder?
Not a coffee drinker, can not for health reasons, and must be content with caffeine free diet coke. You may now have pity on me. And diet ice tea, with lemon which isn’t really the real lemon but the chemical equivalent I miss my coffee concoction I used to make. Twas more like coffee flavored sweet milk. I know, I am shunned now forever.

Scot McKnight

posted December 14, 2007 at 2:52 pm

BeckyR,
A burr grinder is distinguished from a blade grinder. The former burrs the coffee bean and the latter chops the bean mercilessly. So, you get a more uniform level of coffee grinds from a burr grinder than a blade grinder/chopper.

BeckyR

posted December 14, 2007 at 3:46 pm

thx scot, but back to the question, what is a burr? Ok, so a burr grinds coffee, but what is a burr. ty.

BB

posted December 14, 2007 at 5:47 pm

Scot,
Is the grinder you purchased a manual grinder? Very interesting. I remember one of those in my grandmother’s antique collection from my childhood days. I wonder if she still has it around somewhere…

Scot McKnight

posted December 14, 2007 at 5:56 pm

BB,
Manual hand grinder.

Peggy

posted December 14, 2007 at 10:05 pm

Well, I never had a chance…never even heard of crocs before! Enjoy, Scot! And congratulations, T.