Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

To Kris from Kris

posted by xscot mcknight

Kris bought herself something, wrapped it up, and opened it for Christmas (well sort of since she opened it a few days before Christmas). Kris likes to know what time it is at night, our eyes are such that we can’t always see across the room and focus on the little red lights so we can discern the numbers, so she got one of those little clocks that projects the numbers on the ceiling right above our bed. Great idea. And she found the thing at about 70% off. That was the one gadget “we” got this year.
blue-jeans-036.jpg
What gadgets did you get this year?

josh

posted December 27, 2007 at 12:48 am

“that’s ridiculous!” i’ve been begging my wife to let me get one of those forever and that’s the response i get. i’m jealous.

Burly

posted December 27, 2007 at 7:26 am

A swiffer wetjet – does that count as a gadget?

Dianne

posted December 27, 2007 at 8:32 am

See, I have nightmares about spiders coming down off the ceiling so this would probably just scare me! and yet I can relate to her need to know the time at night.

Steve

posted December 27, 2007 at 8:59 am

I got a pair of “hold down clamps” for my workbench from my daughter. Just what I wanted (since I ordered them online and billed her after the fact).

John W Frye

posted December 27, 2007 at 9:15 am

It’s a better idea than ours….nailing a analog clock to the ceiling. Just kidding. Sounds like a great gadget , Kris.
We got pedometers (gadgets that count your steps when you walk) and if we walk 10,000 steps a session, we will become healthier. :)

T

posted December 27, 2007 at 9:27 am

My favorite gadget this year lets me play my ipod in my car through my car’s cassette deck. Since that thing has all my CD’s and the entire Message bible on it, I have renewed excitement about being in my car.

jeremy bouma

posted December 27, 2007 at 9:38 am

I got an ipod touch from my parents…not gonna lie to ya: it rocks!!
-jeremy

Diane

posted December 27, 2007 at 9:59 am

New toaster oven.

Heather

posted December 27, 2007 at 10:51 am

Oh, wow! That very same alarm clock has been waking me faithfully every day for about five years now–on one set of batteries! I’ve dropped it one too many times so the snooze button is a little broken, but it still works wonderfully. Good choice! My “gadget” is a new hairdryer–you would not believe the difference it makes.

Andie Piehl

posted December 27, 2007 at 11:53 am

I didn’t get a single gadget this year! Can you believe it? I didn’t even know they had clocks like that, Scot. I’m going to tell Milton; I’m the keeper of the alarm and can never tell what time it is until the alarm goes off. What a great idea! What will they think of next?
Happy New Year Everyone!

Ted M. Gossard

posted December 28, 2007 at 5:46 am

Hey, good idea!

Ted M. Gossard

posted December 28, 2007 at 5:48 am

And just to make this ten comments (in case there’s any inside bet going on), we could use the same for the same reason.

Nathanael

posted December 28, 2007 at 9:35 am

I got a 10 oz. Java coffee press from GSI.
It will be mainly used for camping, but I made a cup of joe in it the other morning…so cool.
I had a french press in the past, but it finally cracked over time. This one is nice because it’s Lexan, not glass. And it’s small enough to put in my pack when I go camping.
I can’t wait to use it on the trail.

RJS

posted December 28, 2007 at 5:22 pm

Guess it depends on the definition of gadget chosen.
Gadget – (1) a small device that performs or aids a simple task or (2) a small device that appears useful but is often unnecessary or superfluous.
Yours seems to fit definition #1 – although it always amazes me how many things I think fit #1 and my husband is convinced fit better within #2.
Only new gadget this Christmas is an MP3 player, which definitely fits definition #1 – and I used to listen to a number of lectures, most by NT Wright, while driving 10.5 hours yesterday.

John Byron

posted December 28, 2007 at 7:16 pm

Scot,
I got a coffee bean roaster so now I can roast my own beans at home. Talk about fresh coffee!