Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

Wii

posted by xscot mcknight

Lukas and Annika are with us this weekend as they have come for their annual “Festivus: For the Best of Us and the Rest of Us.” (I wrote about this in Jesus Creed.) Last year it had grown to over 200 people and who knows how many will show up this year.
We will also celebrate Christmas with them while they are here, since we won’t see them until after Christmas. Luke couldn’t wait to open his Nintendo Wii — so he spent the evening playing golf, tennis, etc. on this new contraption. I’m not much for games, and when it comes to golf I prefer the real thing … which gets me to wondering why it is that we live up here in the cold when my buddy, Kermit, lives in Phoenix and can play all year long.
blue-jeans.jpg

Ted M. Gossard

posted November 30, 2007 at 8:41 am

I don’t feel so bad when I look at Lukas.
I was tired of my scraggly mophead, so I decided to do something about it, though my haircutter, wife Deb, wasn’t at home. Well I ended up looking like Lukas here. And from now on I think I’ll keep doing it. Deb likes it, so that’s enough. After all she won’t have to even out things anymore. Just shave. Yes, that leaves a bad enough part, shaving. Deb doesn’t like a beard against her face.
Oh, yeah, those games. Must be realistic. Looks like a good time to be had by all.

Ted M. Gossard

posted November 30, 2007 at 9:13 am

Actually I did have ideas of hair down to shoulders, what I have left, or a Philip Yancey hairdo. I could get my wife on board for the latter.
What a tradition! Maybe it can turn into a national and international event over time.

Ted M. Gossard

posted November 30, 2007 at 9:14 am

woops- But am satisfied just to be short-haired. No more combs most of the time, if at all; I like that!

John Frye

posted November 30, 2007 at 11:39 am

I’ve heard from friends who have played games with wii and you have to really hold on the the hand unit. A number of TV screens have been shattered…it’s like the bat slipping out of the batter’s hand when he swings.
Have a fabulous FESTIVUS!

Kris

posted November 30, 2007 at 1:43 pm

John, there is a wrist band that holds the Wii controls so it can’t slip out of your hand. Very clever.

Julie

posted November 30, 2007 at 2:33 pm

I love the Wii and especially golf. :) Our family has so much fun with that game console. Enjoy!

Dianne P

posted November 30, 2007 at 6:16 pm

No golf today in Phoenix – it’s raining. Enjoy your Wii.

Ted M. Gossard

posted November 30, 2007 at 8:09 pm

Hey, I’m good at making comments that have little or nothing to do with the post. But yes, what a game to have for those avid golfers up north.
Have a great time!

pat

posted December 1, 2007 at 10:44 am

well, looks like a great family Christmas…Lukas with the latest game as always! He used to be happy with a new catcher’s mitt or basketball.