Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

Congrats to Laura

posted by xscot mcknight

Our daughter, Laura, ran a half-marathon last Sunday downtown in Chicago and also exceeded her expectations for her time. Great going Laura!
img_1731.JPG

My 2 cents

posted September 13, 2007 at 7:43 am

Congrats! and how appropriate that she is standing in front of the Crocs tent.

Lukas McKnight

posted September 13, 2007 at 8:38 am

Hey, way to go!
Come join me in Detroit on October 21!

pat

posted September 13, 2007 at 9:00 am

Hey Laura–way to go! Wish I had gone to watch!

Kevin

posted September 13, 2007 at 9:49 am

I’m worn out just thinking about it.

John W Frye

posted September 13, 2007 at 10:28 am

Lukas,
what are you doing in Detroit on Oct 21? Running a marathon?

Laura

posted September 13, 2007 at 11:03 am

Thanks, everyone! Yea Lukas, why are you running in Detroit?

Mark Barringer

posted September 13, 2007 at 7:50 pm

Hey, maybe you guys can run the 5-person relay together in Detroit. Check it out: http://www.detroitmarathon.com/events–races/5-person-relay.html

Lukas McKnight

posted September 13, 2007 at 8:41 pm

Yes, I’m running the marathon in Detroit- I wanted to run Niagara Falls, but it turns out they moved it back a week from last year. I have to be in Florida that weekend. Argh. But I am excited to run in Detroit, anyway, and didn’t want all my training to go for naught.

Victor

posted September 14, 2007 at 12:28 pm

Last night I lay in bed reading about a little girl who wanted to play outside in the yard but when she exited the front door she got stuck in the snow. She tried but couldn’t get out; her daddy had to rescue her and then clear a path for so she could run between the house and the yard.
Today I read about this same girl on her daddy’s website, only this time instead of running in the yard she’s running through the streets of Chicago.
Congrats!

Andrew Kenny

posted September 14, 2007 at 2:19 pm

Well done Laura. Could you not persuade your Dad to join you?

Doug Allen

posted September 17, 2007 at 9:32 pm

Laura and Lukas,
Congratulations and good luck! Running was and remains at age 67 one of the pleasures of my life. Laura, did you realize how only recently women were allowed to run marathons. I learned, when training for my first Boston Marathon in 1972 that only about five years earlier, Katherine Switzer, had entered the race as K. Switzer (so her entry wouldn’t be rejected) and at the start Jock Semple, the B.A.A. organizer, tried to physically throw her off the course, but she had a boyfriend who protected her, and she finished the race with a good time! When I ran my last Boston marathon about 15 years later, Scot’s age- you can do it, Scot- the best women were beating over 95% of the men!
Doug Allen