Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

Now Brewing

posted by xscot mcknight

Deans Beans Oromia Blend. Fine stuff. “The best Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Sidamo and Jimma make for a smooth, strong and floral roast.” OK, now a question:
I was having coffee the other day with a friend, Mindy Caliguire, and she commented that she and Jeff go through a pound of coffee per week. I think our coffee lasts about 2 weeks, maybe more. How long does a bag of coffee last for you?
Perhaps a word of clarification: Kris has coffee on the way to work and at work, but not at home except on weekends. I drink 2-3 coffees per day at home, and after supper we have a cup of tea (Tetley).

Clint

posted August 26, 2007 at 6:32 am

Scot, my wife and I go through about a pound of coffee a week also. We probably drink about 5 cups a piece between about 6am and 10am. We also make our coffee pretty strong, which takes more coffee. I found some pretty good coffee while on vacation from a local coffee shop. Check out Larry’s Beans http://www.larrysbeans.com We had the “Frank Sumatra,” which was really good. It is Fair Trade and Organic.

carrie

posted August 26, 2007 at 7:16 am

We go through a pound every two weeks, I think. We have three coffee drinkers, but we rarely drink more than one cup a day at home. In winter I switch to decaf or drink hot tea. Larry’s Beans are good. We have a local outlet, and I like that they are all fair trade. However, we have a local company who roasts their beans right in front of you at the store just 5 minutes from me. You can’t get fresher than that!

Carl

posted August 26, 2007 at 7:35 am

Scot,
My wife and I will usually try to find the larger containers so that it takes longer. But on average, we’ll go through a pound in about a week or week and a half. (The larger containers will kick us up to two weeks–maybe).
Jenn and I will each have a cup in the morning before she leaves for work, then she’ll fill her travel-mug, and then I finish off the carafe, which is about another mug’s worth. Every now and then, I’ll crank up another half-pot if I’m having trouble concentrating on a given project.

Carl

posted August 26, 2007 at 9:07 am

Scot (and anyone else),
Have you tried IKEA’s coffee? If so, what are your thoughts?
PS: I tried posting this question earlier; so if this is a repeat, please forgive me.

John L

posted August 26, 2007 at 10:26 am

Scot says “I drink 2-3 coffees per day at home, and after supper we have a cup of tea.”
I’ve wondered how you maintain such prolific blogging, write books, travel the world, and teach full time.
Caffeine!

Bob Robinson

posted August 26, 2007 at 12:55 pm

We go through a pound about every week and a half.
Dean’s Beans’ Oromia is my favorite coffee!!

Jeff Moulton

posted August 26, 2007 at 1:48 pm

For us, it will usually last for a year or longer! But ask us about tea or the Rooibos Oregon Chai, completely different story… :)

Nancy

posted August 26, 2007 at 3:14 pm

wellll….as for me, i drank coffee for awhile. and then that was all i did for awhile, not much food. then after having anxiety and depression…i quit. bam, no more coffee for me. so a bag would probably last me my whole life! refined sugar is out too…just fruit. pretty sad, huh?! well, get over it and enjoy your coffee…i sure love the smell of it though..that and bacon. as for my favorite drink, water. can’t beat it!

metapundit

posted August 26, 2007 at 4:59 pm

About 1lb in two weeks – my wife has an occasional cup and I’ll have 2-3 8oz mugs a day on average. I’m using the aeropress for my cups and it definitely needs the two+ tablespoons/cup ratio. Good coffee though…

Friend of Pascal

posted August 26, 2007 at 5:10 pm

I drink about three cups in the morning. My cat does not drink coffee, but she is known to navigate her way to my Diet Coke.

Tim Schmoyer

posted August 28, 2007 at 5:53 pm

Scot, et al,
I go thru a pound every two weeks. I have 2-3 cups a day at work. A cup at home every other day. My wife has a cup once a week.
I love Boca Java but its fairly pricey compared to other whole beans, so I don’t drink it that regularly. I often get the store brands of custom measured whole beans.

Jon

posted September 1, 2007 at 6:29 am

I’m the lone coffee drinker in my house so it usually depends on how many times we have friends over. On average I’d say usually a couple of weeks for me to go through pound.
My coffee of choice here in Ireland has been Bewley’s for a long time. The tea drinking is a different matter altogther. We quickly learned why the Irish bring their own tea with them when they travel!