Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

Styles and Soul

posted by xscot mcknight

OK, here’s a picture of the longest soul patch I’ve yet seen. But it got me to thinking — pardon moi Jeff if you think I’m predicting the imminent demise of cool soul patches — about styles and soul we’ve had over the years that are now a thing of the past (and good riddance to them). I’ll begin with this:
Leisure suits — I had a forest green one.
Polyester pants that hugged the thighs.
Here’s Jeff’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooul patch.
Jeff Greer's soul patch

riddle

posted April 2, 2007 at 8:05 am

Scot,
It’s difficult to tell from the pic, but it appears as if this is technically not a soul patch. A soul patch is really only the bit of hair below the lower lip. If there is hair coming from the chin, it becomes a goatee.
Just a heads up.

Scot McKnight

posted April 2, 2007 at 8:06 am

Mark,
Pretty sure there is no chinny-chinny-chin hair.

Marcia

posted April 2, 2007 at 8:53 am

Ick.
The interesting thing about trends is that they tend to be so unattractive, causing much embarassment in later years.
(So says the women who has to look at pastel 80s makeup every time she sees her wedding pictures.)

Marcia

posted April 2, 2007 at 8:54 am

Woman. Sorry; I hate grammatical errors, and especially from my own hand.

kent

posted April 2, 2007 at 9:46 am

I owned seizure suit, but I was delivered. This is worse than a misspelled tattoo.

BeckyR

posted April 2, 2007 at 1:49 pm

Even more funky would be just the right bead down toward the end of it. Then a knot made with the hair to keep the bead on.

Stephan

posted April 3, 2007 at 10:43 am

I had a long 80s mullet and have the pictures to prove it. Naturally, I won’t let you see them. Oh, the shame.

Mark Petersen

posted April 3, 2007 at 8:39 pm

Makes me want to cut mine off.