Congrats to Florida and Maryland, and they are both so young. Some thoughts:
1. The worst games of the NCAA tournament were first round women’s games between #1 and #16. Too lopsided.
2. The best game of the NCAA tournament was either the UCLA-Gonzaga game or the Women’s championship between Maryland and Duke. The best league in Women’s basketball is the ACC. There is greater parity in Men’s. Noah was the best Men’s player; Monique Curry the best Women’s player.
3. Any NCAA basketball game is five times more interesting than the best NBA game of the year. The NBA is one guy playing, four guys watching, and no one cutting, picking or cutting.
4. Ban the dunk; ban being able to call timeout to save going out of bounds; ban Bobby Knight.
5. Provide more coverage of teams throughout the country during the season; we saw all Midwest teams, and hardly saw Florida or UCLA; show fewer Duke games.
6. Send Billy Packer and Dickie V over to the bowling leagues or NASCAR or wherever. Just get them off the screen in NCAA games; they talk too much.
7. The worst part of the NCAA being over is that the TV stations will now start showing Yankee games and AL games.