In recent weeks Barack Obama has been faulted for, among other things, misunderstanding working-class gun owners and church goers, bowling a 37, wanting a Philly cheese steak with goat cheese instead of Cheez Whiz, and associating with a former Sixties radical who is now a professor of English. These accusations, aimed at him by the Clinton campaign and various Republican sources, amount to a single insinuation: Obama has failed to pass the “I’m just like you” test. Previous politicians who have similarly failed: John Kerry for windsurfing, Michael Dukakis for posing in an Army tank, Al Gore for “throwing like a girl” when he played touch football in a campaign ad, and John Edwards for getting a haircut that allegedly cost $400.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- The Mystery of God and the Brain
- The Rise and Fall of Militant Skepticism (Part 4)
- The Rise and Fall of Militant Skepticism (Part 3)
- The Rise and Fall of Militant Skepticism (Part 2)
- The Rise and Fall of Militant Skepticism
- What Would God Think of the God Particle? (Part 2)
- What Would God Think of the God Particle? Part 1
- Who Is Right About Happiness? (Part 2)
- Who Is Right About Happiness?
- Thinking Outside the (Skull) Box – Part 7