I walked into a room where my mother sat, taking just a moment for herself. We were in Costa Rica for a conference, and until 15 minutes before, she had watched my kids for two days so I could attend meetings. She was finally taking a moment for herself.
I told her that we needed help.
My mother got up, headed to her hotel room, and within two hours was on a plane to Atlanta to help my brother and his wife take care of their baby.
This is my mother. This is what a Mother represents and means to me.
Full of love. Always sacrificing herself. Always willing to give with no expectation to receive.
This is my mother.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- Can Sam Harris Wake Us Up? (Part 2)
- Can Sam Harris Wake Us Up?
- Multi-institutional Collaborative Clinical Trial to Examine Health Benefits of Integrative Lifestyle Practices at the Chopra Center for Wellbeing
- Let’s Raise ISHAR – and why we need to
- Getting Real About Brain Science—A Challenge to the Current Model (Part 2)
- Getting Real About Brain Science—A Challenge to the Current Model
- A Better Way to Approach Pain, and America’s Pain-Pill Epidemic
- Naïve Realism, Or the Strange Case of Physics and Fake Philosophers (Part 2)
- Naïve Realism, Or the Strange Case of Physics and Fake Philosophers
- Is a Mind-Element Needed to Interpret Quantum Mechanics? Do physically undetermined choices enter into the evolution of the physical universe? Part 3