I walked into a room where my mother sat, taking just a moment for herself. We were in Costa Rica for a conference, and until 15 minutes before, she had watched my kids for two days so I could attend meetings. She was finally taking a moment for herself.
I told her that we needed help.
My mother got up, headed to her hotel room, and within two hours was on a plane to Atlanta to help my brother and his wife take care of their baby.
This is my mother. This is what a Mother represents and means to me.
Full of love. Always sacrificing herself. Always willing to give with no expectation to receive.
This is my mother.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- The President’s Tweets and the Future of Shame
- How the Universe Pulled a Vanishing Act
- Is Nature About to Abandon Us?
- How to Be at Peace When the World Isn’t
- Does Everything Happen for a Reason?
- Is Physics the Next Guru?
- Synchronicity, Evolution, and Your Genes (Part 3)
- Synchronicity, Evolution, and Your Genes (Part 2)
- Synchronicity, Evolution, and Your Genes (Part 1)
- The Best Way to Get Rid of Evil