I walked into a room where my mother sat, taking just a moment for herself. We were in Costa Rica for a conference, and until 15 minutes before, she had watched my kids for two days so I could attend meetings. She was finally taking a moment for herself.
I told her that we needed help.
My mother got up, headed to her hotel room, and within two hours was on a plane to Atlanta to help my brother and his wife take care of their baby.
This is my mother. This is what a Mother represents and means to me.
Full of love. Always sacrificing herself. Always willing to give with no expectation to receive.
This is my mother.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- Do We Really Know What’s Real? The Most Optimistic Answer Is Maybe
- Physics’ Split Personality: Is the Dark Side Winning?
- Mindful Evolution: Can You Guide What Your Genes Are Doing?
- From Facts to Meaning, Through Beauty
- A New Hot Button: Consciousness-Driven Evolution
- How to Make Quantum Reality Our Reality: Looking for a Better Deal
- Self-Compassion: Tips for loving yourself just as you are
- The Health Benefits of Practicing Compassion
- How to Overcome the Fear of Death–Two Possibilities
- Why “Intelligent” Computers Are Dumber Than Your Ten-Year-Old