I walked into a room where my mother sat, taking just a moment for herself. We were in Costa Rica for a conference, and until 15 minutes before, she had watched my kids for two days so I could attend meetings. She was finally taking a moment for herself.
I told her that we needed help.
My mother got up, headed to her hotel room, and within two hours was on a plane to Atlanta to help my brother and his wife take care of their baby.
This is my mother. This is what a Mother represents and means to me.
Full of love. Always sacrificing herself. Always willing to give with no expectation to receive.
This is my mother.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- The Best Way to Get Rid of Evil
- Can Wisdom Save Us? Why It Has To (Part 2)
- Can Wisdom Save Us? Why It Has To
- Your Body Is Wise, But It Needs for You to Pay Attention
- Why Spirituality Matters More than Ever
- The Power of Desire—What Do You Want, Anyway?
- Do Your Emotions Help You or Hold You Back?
- Powers of Mind: In Praise of Subtle Actions
- Can Science and Religion Save Each Other? (Part 2)
- Can Science and Religion Save Each Other?