I walked into a room where my mother sat, taking just a moment for herself. We were in Costa Rica for a conference, and until 15 minutes before, she had watched my kids for two days so I could attend meetings. She was finally taking a moment for herself.
I told her that we needed help.
My mother got up, headed to her hotel room, and within two hours was on a plane to Atlanta to help my brother and his wife take care of their baby.
This is my mother. This is what a Mother represents and means to me.
Full of love. Always sacrificing herself. Always willing to give with no expectation to receive.
This is my mother.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- God Is the New Physics
- Will God 2.0 Be Indispensable in Ten Years?
- Why Physics Needs God But God Doesn’t Need Physics
- Why God Makes More Sense than Atheism
- How Richard Dawkins Lost His Battle with God
- How to Make God Love You
- Why God Doesn’t Care What You Do
- “I am the master of my fate”: A New Take on Free Will
- Memo to Neuroscience: “We Are Not Brain Puppets”
- A Science of Miracles–No Longer Optional? (Part 2)