Inspiration Report

Inspiration Report

Quotes and Wisdom about Change

posted by Jennifer E. Jones

If you haven’t gotten a chance to read my last blog, here it is and take some time to read the comments. You readers nearly made me cry. You’ve been through some amazingly difficult situations, and yet you still cling to hope and faith. You are so inspiring to me.

Since we’ve been talking about change, I want to share with you some quick quotes. Keep them in your pocket for those rainy days.

“Change your thoughts, and you change your world.” Norman Vincent Peale

“Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives: where we focus our attention.” Greg Anderson

“Life is overflowing with the new. But it is necessary to empty out the old to make room for the new to enter.” Eileen Caddy

“Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.” Arthur Christopher Benson

“All things arise, Suffer change, And pass away. This is their nature. When you know this, Nothing perturbs you, Nothing hurts you. You become still. It is easy.” Ashtavakra Gita 11:1

Want more? Read our feature Quotes on Embracing Change.

TARA TAN KITAOKA.

posted September 29, 2011 at 2:56 am

PEOPLE TALKS ABT CHANGE BUT MY GRANDFATHER
ALWAYS SAY ONLY IF IT IS FOR THE BETTER
THAN WHAT U HAVE NOW.

marian

posted September 29, 2011 at 5:43 am

yes, CHANGE is difficult for almost everybody, especially if a person knows he/she is on a comfort zone. in attitude no one can change a person but herself alone….

Len Gershon

posted September 29, 2011 at 5:43 am

Very inspiring thoughts. I am working on a social action mission to help change long term miscarriage of justice. These thoughts will help an attorney to continue the crusade

Allan

posted September 29, 2011 at 11:23 am

One thing I often heard as a child: “Change, for the sake of change, is seldom any benefit to anyone in the long run.”

Paulina Rene

posted September 29, 2011 at 11:46 am

I am a true believer in hope and faith, I am a 40 yr old mother of three who has loved my soul mate since high school, he went to prison for 16 yrs and came home 2 years ago. He has since left saying he needed space and didn’t want to be married anymore, my life has been turned upside down and the pain I feel is indescribable. Yet somehow through it all I pick my head up every day and thank God for giving me another day.

stephanie

posted September 29, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I am a true believer in faith cause with out my faith I think my life wouldn’t be worth living. I am a mother of 4 and I have 2 that I have from a boyfriend who has cheated on me too many times to count, I’m not happy at home most of the time and not happy at work all of the time. I know things will get better cause there are some happy days that make me know he’s working with me and I need to stop driving my life and let GOD take over cause I’m tired

Slimboogie

posted September 29, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for, and the evedince of things not seen. My name is slimboogie and I’m a street dancer, I’m 27 years old and I’ve been dance this style for 6 years, I beileve and faith and hope because 7 years ago I never danced a day in my life, I was always around dancers, on my 20th bday I went too my first party and say so many people dancing and got inspired, ( if they can do it I can) at the age of 21 I set a goal for my self that I wouldn’t be nervous about dancing anymore, and I would be tthe best popper ( street dancer) in the world, people would tell me its a waste of time and that I can’t make money this, but with faith at the age of 27 I’ve been able to travel the world and do things I never thought or dreamed of doing, and I’ve been able to keep happy in doing what I’ve always loved! I still haven’t reached my goal yet, but with belief and faith I know I can do all things thru christ who strethens me! Thank you for reading sorry for the misspells haha, God Bless

Gabrielle

posted September 29, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I was very disappointed in this article. Life is built upon our experiences, change will come when we learn from the past not getting rid or emptying out the old. Faith, hope and love are the corner stones for a strong foundation of happiness. Remembering our past mistakes help us from making them in the future which Gives us enjoyable changes in life.

Jan

posted September 29, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I have my faith in God to help me thru the changes in life, and boy do they come quite often. In the 90′s my husband and I thought our daughter was going to die, doctors said she was going to, I prayed and believed in God’s promises and he gave us our miracle, our daughter is now 25 years old and healthy and living a life that we did not think was possible. January 10, 2011 my soulmate since highschool, my lover, my best friend, my husband of 27 years was taken home by the Angels, I had to remember the good miracles that we had in our lives and keep on in Faith. Change is hard, change is good, change is unpredictable, without change we would not know our blessings.

CHLIM

posted September 29, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Always change for the better.Change to give love to everyone and save mother earth. we will be blessed.

RANDALL LEE

posted September 29, 2011 at 10:19 pm

HAPPINESS IS DIFFICULT TO FIND IN OURSELFS….AND IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND ELSEWHERE

Fredericka

posted October 2, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Lean not to your own understanding, but to the understanding that Jehovah Jireh is our provider and through the tough times, I am still standing. Thank You Jesus!

LOUISA

posted October 4, 2011 at 8:53 am

I HAVE LEARNED TO ACCEPT CHANGE,AND MOVE ON
FOR IT IS ONLY MY GOD WHO’S INCONTROL OF
MY LIFE.AND THAT IS HAPPINESS FOR ME.

Richard

posted October 28, 2011 at 4:26 pm

STOP doing the same thing, over and over and over. Expecting different results.
Obama promised us change: see anything happening? Change in your pocket.

Sherra

posted October 28, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I am surprised at how many people don’t know how to spell or write a complete sentence.

shut-eye doll

posted October 28, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Thank you for this wonderful piece with the great quotes from diverse sources. I had always feared change; not any more!

Jennifer

posted October 29, 2011 at 11:02 am

Maybe change comes in cycles, cycles of life.
First you get born, then you’re married, etc., etc. Just keep on praying to your
Creator.

Poem: In The End
Today’s guest blogger is poet Tara Sophia Mohr Learn more about Tara’s poetry

posted 4:30:02pm Oct. 24, 2012 | read full post »

A Quote to Live By
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." Henry David Thoreau Whatever you were put on this earth to do, do it today. Don't delay. Don't look back. Run like crazy towards your passion and watch God lay the adventure out before you.

posted 9:22:40am Aug. 01, 2012 | read full post »

People Who Do Good: A Cake that Makes a Difference
Our "People Who Do Good" series has been a blast and I've enjoyed highlighting the stories and lives of everyday heroes. This one comes to us from writer Rebecca Brittingham who traveled to Florida to find a cake-maker with a heart for the less fortunate. When most people hear the word art, they

posted 12:10:27am Jul. 30, 2012 | read full post »

The Problem with Pain
I’ve heard people say, “How do I get over something if it still hurts?” And yes, forgiveness is key, whether it’s aimed towards yourself or someone else. However, it’s not really the main issue. What people really want to know is, “How do I deal with the pain?” The problem with pain

posted 11:06:30am Jul. 27, 2012 | read full post »

Oprah and Marianne Williamson on Super Soul Sunday
Photo Credit: OWN / George Burns We have a number of bloggers and writers here who have been inspired  by the writings of Marianne Williamson. Her debut book, A Return to Love, reflected A Course in Miracles for a new generation. She first gained notoriety by an appearance on the Oprah show, and

posted 4:53:44pm Jul. 26, 2012 | read full post »