Inspiration Report

Inspiration Report

Be Grateful Even When Life Is Hard

posted by Jennifer E. Jones

I read all the comments that you post on The Inspiration Report. I’m glad that we can share our lives within this forum. I know that many of you are looking for happiness in your lives after loss and tragedy. This is a Christian song that’s inspired me throughout the years. It’s an excellent reminder to express our gratitude always… even when things aren’t as they should be.

Roz Carter

posted August 24, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reminder in song.

Patricia Pittman

posted August 24, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Thank you for sharing this song.It really hit home. I am constantly struggling with reminders of my “crack smoking” days and when things seem to be going all wrong everyday it makes me want to fall back into my addiction. I have almost 5 years clean. I do not want to mess that up. I know that I am still here for a reason that God has destined for me. Now when I get down and out like I am not I wil play this song to lift my spirits. Thank you and God Bless

Teri Crowder

posted August 25, 2011 at 7:16 am

Simply…BEAUTIFUL!!!

Joy

posted August 25, 2011 at 10:32 am

Just the way I feel….I’ve failed again. Lovely song, lyrics hit home.

Joy

posted August 25, 2011 at 10:38 am

I need to give Him more praises, inside my heart I know He’s always there for me. When I’ve fallen He’s there to catch me….thank you Lord. Thanks Kristy

rosario c. ongkingco

posted August 25, 2011 at 10:40 am

u’l be inpired by ds beautiful song…

JoAnn Collins

posted August 25, 2011 at 11:49 am

I really needed this at this moment. It really lifted my spirits because yes, I really need God more. Within the past couple of years I have lost my job, my husband passed away suddendly, been diagnosed with kidney cancer, had 3 surgeries within 7 months,and am taking care of my mother-in-law. But you know what I am yet standing and believing God. Yes, this song is just what I needed at this moment. Thank you!!!

Suzanne Bertagnole

posted August 25, 2011 at 7:09 pm

One thing that has always inspired me, is to take other burdens. It seems that when we take someone burdens from them, it becomes easier for them. Like magic, it takes my mind off of my problems and takes burdens away from the ones that need it the most!

Anita

posted August 25, 2011 at 7:37 pm

This is a a very encouraging song. I can identify with the words.

I believe that thanksgiving is not an option.
Itry to thank God each day because it is so eeasy for us to focuss on the hardness of life instead the things we have.

Thanks very much.

teresa ferrell

posted August 27, 2011 at 6:34 am

I will save this video and play it whenever I need to be reminded that God is always here

Imelda

posted August 27, 2011 at 8:39 am

I love the lyrics and the tune …this song is an inspiration to me!

Prisca

posted August 27, 2011 at 9:38 am

While facing disappointment and pain, this song reminded me to keep Praising the Almighty, inspite of.

Jamie

posted August 27, 2011 at 11:09 am

I love the song and will listen with my heart.

Diana

posted August 27, 2011 at 11:13 am

I am so blessed by this song and Kristy has a beautiful voice. The timing was perfect as for so many of us, we forget that we are not alone–ever with God to lean on.

Ros

posted August 27, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Beautiful! Spoken from the heart the truth.I thank “HIM” for “HIS” grace & mercy. When I have fallen,letting my (flesh)feelings get in the way.

cathy jackson

posted August 28, 2011 at 2:35 am

thank you so much i need that i was down.

Barbara Martin

posted August 28, 2011 at 8:13 am

Good song…just to know that’s all we need to do is Praise Him in the good or the bad,,Give Him the Honor,Glory and the Praise. God needs to know He is helping us. And we must take the time to let Him know..Amen

Alexis G Johnston

posted August 28, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Beautiful, Thank you, a great reminder to us all when we feel that we have failed
Thank you again.

Elaine

posted August 28, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Listening to this during Hurricane Irene while sitting with my husband, the love of my life who is dying of cancer. Yes indeed the love of God is with us always if we are open to it. I know this is true.

KAINOA KAHO'ONEI

posted August 28, 2011 at 8:43 pm

FOR AS SIMPLE AS THAT SONG IS, ITS ABSOLUTELY A TRUE REMINDER FOR ME AS A CHRISTIAN TO BELIEVE & PRAISE HIM IN & THROUGH GOOD TIMES & BAD TIMES. BRAVO!

KAINOA KAHO’ONEI

Cheryl

posted August 29, 2011 at 9:50 am

I needed to hear that song today.

Velma

posted August 29, 2011 at 10:09 am

Beautiful song, Thank you, this is a great reminder to bring me back from those conflicting thoughs.

This song came at a time when I needed it most.

maria

posted August 30, 2011 at 6:28 am

this song brought tears to my eyes i lost my mom 2008 and it still feels like it was just yesterday i pray for my marriage which needs healing 6yers have past since my husband had his affair and it hurts so badly still i gave him another chance but cant seem to overcome that hurtful moment in my life especially when we pass by the hotel he was at with her how can i continue living with this in my heart i pray for god to heal me god bless you all thanks again for this song.

Pingback: The Good Life by OneRepublic | Christian Media Cross

Stefanus

posted September 2, 2011 at 5:13 am

Beatiful song and inspiring lyrics, Kristy.Thanks for sharing it with us Jennifer.

Mary Daoang

posted September 9, 2011 at 8:35 pm

This is a very beautiful song that even if your life is not as good as you think, just be grateful for what you have and more thankful for all the blessings that will come your way. Have faith and believe in God and miracles will happen next.

Fred Sayin

posted October 18, 2011 at 10:52 am

Grattitude F.Sayin
I’m thankful that I’m rich in talents,skills and abilities not cash or investments. I’m grateful for my good general health although I must deal with seizures which sometimes overcharge my brain, I’m just thankful that I have a brain. I missed my favorite TV show last night as I allowed a friend,cousin or sibling watch theirs instead. I’m just grateful I have eyes that see and someone came forward with the ideas of cable and TV. No TV throw out social networks ,Internet,computers, video & electronic games, I might take a hit but this society might be more fit getting used to just the radio. I missed an important call last night as my sister was on the phone I’m just glad I have ears that hear and Alexander Graham Bell stepped forward with his idea otherwise throw out cell phones and I’d be writing many more letters today.My friends tell me I snore when asleep as my nose is all plugged up, just grateful I have a nose that can smell the pleasant scents of rose&wine or the smoke of a dangerous/hostile fire plus it would be much more difficult to breathe. I just spat out some dry bread last night I’m just grateful that I have tastebuds that can distinguish between trash and gourmet. I’m grateful that I have limbs that feel and none of them look like a wheel. I’m just grateful for all the arguments&peacemaking that occurs regardless of what I must have done just shows I’m not going through life numb and disrespectful to all. So let us shout out with a “Glee” for all the things we have and can do today.30 Inspired by local minister at Unity church (Christian) near last Thanksgiving. Not making fun of amputees plus is for people that are warm at 75degree room temperature and too cold at 74degrees. Wrote as thoughts,not lines to save space.

Mary

posted November 24, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Iam thankful for another day to praise the Lord and another chance to lead my love ones to the Lord.I am thankful that I can walk,talk and hear;thankful for the roof over my head and the clothes and shoes I have and a bed to sleep in at night.When I think of that I have,even tho it isn’t a lot,I am still thankful because so many do not have even that.thank You Lord for all your many blessings.

Poem: In The End
Today’s guest blogger is poet Tara Sophia Mohr Learn more about Tara’s poetry

posted 4:30:02pm Oct. 24, 2012 | read full post »

A Quote to Live By
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." Henry David Thoreau Whatever you were put on this earth to do, do it today. Don't delay. Don't look back. Run like crazy towards your passion and watch God lay the adventure out before you.

posted 9:22:40am Aug. 01, 2012 | read full post »

People Who Do Good: A Cake that Makes a Difference
Our "People Who Do Good" series has been a blast and I've enjoyed highlighting the stories and lives of everyday heroes. This one comes to us from writer Rebecca Brittingham who traveled to Florida to find a cake-maker with a heart for the less fortunate. When most people hear the word art, they

posted 12:10:27am Jul. 30, 2012 | read full post »

The Problem with Pain
I’ve heard people say, “How do I get over something if it still hurts?” And yes, forgiveness is key, whether it’s aimed towards yourself or someone else. However, it’s not really the main issue. What people really want to know is, “How do I deal with the pain?” The problem with pain

posted 11:06:30am Jul. 27, 2012 | read full post »

Oprah and Marianne Williamson on Super Soul Sunday
Photo Credit: OWN / George Burns We have a number of bloggers and writers here who have been inspired  by the writings of Marianne Williamson. Her debut book, A Return to Love, reflected A Course in Miracles for a new generation. She first gained notoriety by an appearance on the Oprah show, and

posted 4:53:44pm Jul. 26, 2012 | read full post »