Inspiration Report

Inspiration Report

What Makes You Happy?

posted by Jennifer E. Jones

“Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens / Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens / Brown paper packages tied up with strings / These are a few of my favorite things” – Oscar Hammerstein II, ‘The Sound of Music’

This week, I stumbled upon the theme of happiness. It all started when I realized that people saw me as a happy person. And I kinda wanna keep that going.

I mentioned that I seek out happy things. I make a point everyday to do or simply be near something that makes me happy. So, what makes me happy? Like the song goes, I just think of my favorite things…

• Making my mother laugh
  • A long walk through the city on a sunny day
  • Making pasta from scratch
  • My quirky little apartment
  • Music

I’m starting to beam just writing these down. And there’s a lot more. Don’t get me started on big hairy dogs, tugboats and a good book on a stormy night.

It’s important to know what makes you happy, and I wonder how many people really stop to contemplate the simple things that can be a part of their everyday lives.

Now, I should add that happiness is the outward manifestation of inner joy. You can fill up your life with lots of stuff, but if you’re not internally okay with yourself, then there’s but so much a new car can ever do for you. But that’s for another blog.

So I ask you, what makes you happy? I’m not talking deliriously happy, like skipping down the street, but just a general feeling of contentment with the world around you. Think about it and post your answers here. I’ll collect these thoughts and write a reflection.

For more:
How to Kick-Start Your Pursuit of Happiness
7 Tips for Finding Happiness
Uplifting Quotes about Joy

Pingback: Joel Osteen on Habitual Happiness - Inspiration Report

Sharman

posted May 10, 2011 at 11:02 am

I watched Joel last Sunday, it was Mothers Day 2011. I was home, didn’t go to church, but wanted to watch a Sun. Church Special so I found Joel. He kept talking about smiling, no matter how you feel, smile at everyone. Then here, he talks about thinking about things that “make you happy.” Life has been more than difficult, after a divorce, losing both parents to ALZH, left with big financial worries over medical and nursing home bills. I still have a job, but also got a house with very little upkeep the last 15 – 18 yrs, now things need work, and I don’t have the finances to do much, cept pay the mortgage…….I am bummed a lot, but I am going to try to SMILE MORE, and THINK of the THINGS that Make Me Happy – thanks to Joel. Today, is my 57th B-Day, I never dreamed life would end up so difficult, but I am going to take Joels advise, and SMILE an try to only think of things – that “Make Me Happy Today !!!” And pray that God will somehow – find a way, to turn all my troubles around, and help me to enjoy, the rest of the time I have left on this earth !!! Thank You God for all my many blessings, for that, I am very grateful!!!

Jennifer E. Jones

posted May 10, 2011 at 11:51 am

Sharman, I was watching it too! That’s what inspired this series on happiness. It was a good sermon.

Monique Harvey

posted May 10, 2011 at 11:55 am

What makes me happy? Well, I would have to say, knowing that Jehovah God is in control. That regardless of how I want things to go in life, or how I want people to be, in the end, HE IS IN CONTROL, and this really makes me happy. Because He knows all, and sees all, and when I feel disappointed because of things that haven’t gone my way, I look at the situation later on from a different view,and realize that is good that things don’t go my way, that He is in control.

Kim Berntsen

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Things that make me happy:

Making others smile
Snuggling with my son
Polka dots
Little kids belly laughs
Playing with my dog
Music – all kinds
Fresh flowers

Okay…writing this down is somewhat therapeutic and definitely brought a smile to my face. I’m glad I took the time to do this exercise and share :-) Thanks!!!!!

BeeBee

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Things that make me happy

Definitely God being in control keeps me happy and smiling
On top of that, I get these additional bonuses in my life
My children giving me group hugs and kisses
my husband’s cooking
children- mine or not- laughing
my husband’s laughter
making others smile
doing a good job at work

I enjoyed everyone else lists and they made me smile. Just one more thing to smile about.

Eleanor Dillard

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Helping others brings me peace & joy
thinking of my grandkids
cooking & baking for others less fortunate
But, when I think of the little things; it my girls’ (my dogs) when I come home that are so excited. A song on the radio that inspires me & makes me want to dance.

This is uplifting to jot this down; that is what makes me happy.

Marie

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I’ve been a bit down lately and I thought I would try this exercise. So what makes me happy?

- blowing kisses to my daughter and catching her kisses through the window

Judy Moss

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

walks with my dog
my grandchildren
talking to my Mother every week
staying at home
working in my garden
making the house smell clean
petting my kitty and listeneing to her purr
brushing my dog
cuddling with my dog
conversations with my husband
walking hand in hand with my husband
talking to Morgan
making healthy meals for me and my husband
basketball especially the Nuggets
a good movie
a glass of wine
quiet nights at home
birds singing
children laughing
flowers
smiling at others
being helpful and caring toward others

Sabah

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Thats a good question? Lately, I find it hard to be happy even though I have alot to be grateful for. I guess looking at the condition of our world and all the suffering that’s happening I ask myself how can i feel happy when others are suffering.

Today, I actually had to encourage and uplift myself. I watched the Secret and listened to my personal development cd… oh and after lunch I went on youtube and found some old comedy to watch..that made me feel better.

So now that my mind is a little cleare I can say:
Spending time with my family makes me happy
watching my fish and turtle makes me happy
visualizing what I desire for my life makes me feel happy
Believing in my heart that things will get better gives me hope and makes me feel happy

and finally reading stories like this makes me happy just knowing Im not alone and there are others who feel the same.

Thanks

lorain Ohio

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Like you, my quirky little Studio apartment makes me very happy, it’s bright colours and antiques make my eyes happy. It’s My personal space. It’s filled with art from many family and extended family members. My family and my extended family members make me very happy. Their love keeps me whole and balanced, though without my own inner love for my self I’d not have them to love me, so my ability to love and especially to share that love, makes me really happy.
sunny days, rainy days, home made food, the process of making food even for myself and especially for my friends brings me great joy. Designing and making original quilts, looking at the sky…..sun rise and sun set, the stars, the moon. Dancing alone, dancing with my friends, dancing close to / with my favorite man.
MUSIC, That’s my greatest JOY. Singing is my OUTLET to thank the Universe for my life! My life which is music, I sing every day, for myself and for crowds of people. I love music so much, It IS LIFE TO ME! I tell people that EVERYTHING I do is music, when I work, music is with me, when I play, music is with me, when I walk, talk, breathe, sing, sew, bend, do yoga, cook, dance, read, sleep, eat, sit at the computer, take a bath, take a photograph,……it’s all my joy…it’s all music to me. Do you think I’m Happy? You’re right, I am. You can be too, find one thing that makes you Happy, the rest will follow.

Cheryl

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Things that make me happy are friends
and kissing people when they don’t want you to.
Also, winning money and spending it on things
little things like candles and and picture frames.

Watching my cat act crazy, and feeding and caring for her.
Also, taking pictures with my balckberry.
Plus, watching comedy and laughter.

Shopping sprees and personal spa days. Cooking too……!

Mrs Salaam

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Im happy to alive
Im happy to survive
Im happy that Im loved
Im happy to give love
Im happy for joy
Im happy when I see my children happy
Im happy when Im with my hubby
Im happy when we pray together and laugh together
Im happy for the little things and the BIG things that G-d has blessed me with.

Mary

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I am glad that I took the time to read this article today. Last week, I turned 65. Everyone says that I look like I am 50. ( I have a mirror). I am happy when I think that God gives us new mercies every day. Something aweful could happen but every morning. Here are the new mercis. Not sure if I’m as much happy as I am thankful. Greatful for the mercies. My prayer every day is to be a blessing to someone and to help some one as I go about my day. I am still working so I have an opportunity to help at least one person a day and this makes me happy.:)

karen

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Life makes me happy…knowing that i have people that love me and that i can give love to…knowing there is a higher power to hear my every thought and take away my worries…the sunrise…the colors of nature…a clean house and laundry…floating in the pool looking up at the beautiful deep blue sky…laughing, laughing and more laughing…

Gayle

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm

For this I am happy:
Seeing my beautiful gardenia bush out front of my living room window.
Seeing and hearing the cardinals and other birds on my front and back lawns.
Watching children playing sports and knowing they really, really enjoy doing so.
Seeing the sunrise in the early morning hours on my drive to work.
Hearing NPR first thing in the morning.
Listening to Jazz music in the evening when I am reading.
Thoughts of what I will do in the future—play an alto sax, a french horn, learn to salsa dance and learn two other languages.
Seeing it rain, really hard.
Listening to the ad on T.V. that says, “It is raining, I love the rain, I am not complaining, I love the rain.”
My family and friends make me happy when they are happy.
So much more…….

vett69

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:18 pm

What Makes You Happy?
Not geeting these damn emails.

John

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:19 pm

My parents said that I was a tinkerer growing up. My dad would often bring home something I could take apart and “figure out”.

I am very happy that I discovered a new type of aircraft; it has a number of advantageous features such as vertical takeoff and a high efficiency cruise.

But there are many other super things for me. Looking at a rose up close, flying an airplane, embracing my wife, playing with grand kids, seeing a sunset, enjoying a good book or movie, and holding hands with friends and praying in a “prayer circle”.

Darlene

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Every day makes me happy. I love it when my husband puts his arms around me and when we hold hands walking down the street and that look that he’s had all these years, that’s happiness. I love the sun and the moon. I am happy when I am with my sons and Christmas makes me happy because family is all together. Just going outside sometimes to just see what is out there in the world makes me smile and I am happy to see it. People tell me I am happy and I am. I was blessed with a liver transplant in July, 2008 and I am a miracle. That truly makes me happy.

Phoebe Isley

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:30 pm

My Lord Jesus who sets my life on the right path. My husband when he holds me & tells me how much he loves me after 23yrs. My children when they hug & kiss me, my dog who is always there waiting to give me her full attention, work when meeting so many wonderful people, parents & grandparents who touch us with their love & experiences, friends & every bright shining new day which I am thankful to be alive & healthy.

truth

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:33 pm

It made happy to finally get an unborn victims of crime law passed in my state of N.C. after fighting Democrats for 4 years. Now anyone that rapes, attacks,forces an abortion upon a mother or murders a pregnant woman, will be charged with murdering the unborn chidren inside of her. N.C. and other states have laws states its a felony to kill any unborn animal, but they where welcome to kill any unborn child. This law is now been changed by Republicans in N.C.

kathleen m peterson

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Every day you wake up and are wlking on ground is a good day.I was told this by a neighbor of mine .
I try to remember this saying!!

Huggins Heritage

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:52 pm

What makes me happy if only my ex husband realizing that his behaviour is only destroying his little child heart. I am a happy mother, a happy wife, a happy person and my family are blessed having my husband and our family in our life. With having god in our life and having a strong faith in him nothing works better than this. Everything are miraculously great in our life. But i guess my ex husband is a never happy person and always like to drag others to be unhappy just like he is. Our family just don’t understand why my ex husband cannot be happy at what he has in his life. His life is just full of misery and revenge and unthoughtful heart. No matter how much my family keep ignoring him, he kept doing the evil stuff to hurt us. We just don’t understand why he has this kind of heart. Perhaps the evil in him is larger than having god in his life. As for us, we continue being happy and making others happy and most importantly keeping our family strong in our faith and continue being a better person everyday of our life. !

Uneva

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:55 pm

WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY:

(Gee…where to start?)

*Waking each morning and realizing I have another day to look forward to
*Studying my scriptures
*Praying
*Plunkin’on my piano
*Spontaneously helping friends (A stranger’s just a friend you haven’t met)
*Watching butterflies, squirrels and birds cavorting in my back yard
*Listening to uplifting music
*Reading uplifting books
*Singing
*Children laughing
*Knowing that my friends know they can count on me on short notice
*Keepin’ in touch with family and friends on FB
*Attending Church meetings and social functions
*Couples holding hands
*Digits going down on my bathroom scales
*Reverence…especially at Church
*Clouds
*Sunrises and sunsets
*Rain
*Hot, buttered home-made bread
*Memories of my Mom
*Knowing that Heavenly Father loves me and answers all my prayers
*My Savior’s loving Atonement in my behalf
*Life’s lessons I learn each day
*Babies
*Visiting with senior citizens
*People in general
*A clean, tidy home
*Thanking Heavenly Father for all my blessings
*Teaching others how to be happy
*Great friends
*Having enough money to make ends meet, with a bit more to share

Nouhad L

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Making a difference in someone’s life makes me happy as well as
Seeing my son’s face enjoying the things he loves to do like baseball and snowboarding etc… makes me happy, listening to music while cleaning the house or cooking for friends and family makes me happy, falling asleep for few minutes while watching some shows that I have taped on my DVR makes me happy and grateful that I am so blessed to be able to stay home and take care of my home and my family. Thinking of my son during the day brings a big smile and I laugh silently at the things he does sometime to make me happy. Reading other people’s comment made me happy that there are a lot of happy people out there and not all bad and filled with anger and hatred.

Carmella

posted May 10, 2011 at 5:35 pm

What makes me happy? At work it the excitement of all of the kids. It is seeing my own son and having him give me a kiss and hug in the hall way. At home it is the warm cozy fire on a cold winter’s day with my family around me. My son, daughter, son-in-law to be and my husband and my wonderful parents all make me happy. I thank GOD for all of them and am so blessed to have them. I am blessed each day and and happy for that.

KATHY

posted May 10, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Being in Love with your soul mate and having them LOVE YOU BACK and being able to live DECENT life in PEACE and harmony and in the center of all this is GOD

Scott

posted May 10, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Many things make me appreciate the basic day, sun, children laughing and playing trying to take anyones hardaches and bring a light side to whatever the struggles may be. If we have God in our heart what do we have to fear!!! I just jumped on here for a 5 min break from my mortgage world paper shuffle and found SHARMAN May 10,2011 at 11:02 AM comments… I like helping people and that puts a huge smile on my face!!! Not sure on all the details Sharman but you mentioned working, living in the home for a good period of time and the need to improve your property… Lokk for a local Mortgage Broker who has FHA 203 programs available or even a cash out conventional or FHA. You may be able to pull some dollars from your current home also to help with some of the medical debt. With the medical debt you should communicate with each account and ask them for reprieve of some of the dollars or a smaller per month payment schedule. IF you dont ask nothing will change. Hopefully this can put a smile on your scenario! Good Luck!!

Bridget

posted May 10, 2011 at 6:11 pm

The things that make me happy is knowing that have done my best raising my kids .Helping others as much as can. receiving love from my god , my children, my family I’m so gratefil for the things my god has done for me and truly blessed thru the ups, downs, heartches, heartbreaks.Smiling really helps when im down or when i’m up thank all u guys the posted comment they are very inspiring to ME. THANKS MY GOD AGAIN FOR BEING IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING AROUND ME.

TRULY GRATEFUL AND BLESSED IN JESUS NAME AMEN

Rosa

posted May 10, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Many things make me smile. Of all the things that make me smile, they have a way of taking a nose dive, and leaving me right back at square one at one time or another. The only thing that is constant in makeing me happy is the fact that I have a friend who sticks closer than a brother. His name is Jesus Christ. This friend has promised to never forsake me or leave me alone…I believe it. This friend has never left me alone, although there were times when I have been tempted to believe I was left alone. Regardless to where I am, this friend is here. This makes me happy, and even joyful to know that even in the darkest hour of night, I have someone to talk to, although I enjoy the presence of others when we are socially compatible.

sharon

posted May 10, 2011 at 8:12 pm

reading the Bible, my daughter and grandkids, cooking/baking looking at the ocean and listening to the waves on a sunny day,watching birds flying in the sky, people enjoying the nice weather. nature walks, looking at a starry nite sky, colorful flowers, cooking good food, fruits, all kinds, Christian music, watching Daystar.

:-) to all God Bless

theresa

posted May 10, 2011 at 8:46 pm

what makes me happy?
lol
lately?
lol
wish I had someone to tell it all to

Josephine Mitchell

posted May 10, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I am happy with my husband of almost 8 yrs. so far.
I am happy when we spend quality time together, and I am grateful that he can be so caring & loving to me. Also, myself with him, too.
I am happy to wake up every morning with my husband. We are both miracles to be alive!!!! I truely believe that God brought us together for a reason, and that makes me happy! Thank You, God for all your blessings that you have given us so far together, and indiviually, too. I am happy that we are adopative parents-to-be, and we are not giving up on being parents. It does not matter if it is our adopative child, or natural child-to- be someday. I am happy, and enjoy working with children. I try to be happy, and not let my disabilities get me down. I know it is easier said than done, but I know I am not the only one out there with disablities that has to take medicines. I am happy when I work. I work as much as I possibly can without over doing myself. I am happy that I decided that I plan to go back to college next yr. in Jan. 2012 to pursue a higher education. It has been 10 almost 11 yrs. since I graduated from college. I am nervous and a little down because I do not know if I will be able to do it again. Since, I am now in my Mid-Thirties; and hoping & praying that I will be able to do it. I am happy when I pray. I am happy with our dog. I am happy with our family & friends. I am happy to be able to go on vacations sometimes no matter how small or big they might be with my hubby. I have been a little down lately missing my family up north! Hopefully, we will be able to visit them sometime soon!!!! That would make me really happy:) I am happy we have a roof over our heads, and food on our table. I love unicorns, hearts, and other things. Things might seem a little down for us right now, but things will get better. We just have to believe that , and be grateful for the present moment which is so precious. I am happy when I smile. I am happy when I laugh. I am happy that we have dreams and goals in life. I am happy to be alive, and to be loved is the greatest gift of all. Everyday is a blessing in itself, and I hope and pray that I have a lot more years left with my husband because he is “My rock” when I feel down. Overall, I am happy with my life, and our life together. I hope that we get to live it to the fullest. Also, I am happy that I lost some weight when I went to my one doctor last week, and she was happy, too. Thank You. This exercise helped out a lot:)

Misrhodes1

posted May 10, 2011 at 10:41 pm

What makes me happy???
The sound of great music, it soothes my soul, it calms the storm
of a story the needs to be told.
Poetry screams read me!!!!! Especially in the midnight hours when I
can’t sleep and that has been a lot of nights lately.
The thing that I love the most lately are poems of encouragement
cause it lets me know that just as I am seeking God that he is still
seeking me entirely and completely

I love music!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra

posted May 11, 2011 at 1:55 am

Happiness is waking up in the morning to my grandson who always has a big smile on his face and loves to laugh. He adds so much joy to my life. I love to watch him in his development – learning to walk, learning to feed himself, learning to babble or talk, and so many other wonderful things. I love to hear his laugh. God definitly blessed me with my wonderful daughter and my wonderful grandson. They provide so much happiness in my life. Some of the simplest things in life, like a baby’s laughter can bring so much happiness to a person’s life.

Darleen

posted May 11, 2011 at 8:12 am

What makes me happy is doing something for someone else, or spending time with my dog and seeing his tail wag letting me know he is happy too. It makes me happy keeping busy doing positive tasks like getting the bills paid (on time!), doing a puzzle and putting it in a frame. Now everytime I look at the picture I get the happy feelings back again. I can just sit on the porch with a cold drink and enjoy God’s art work all around me. I think that is the best way yet. A little quiet time clears the mind!

Norbe B. Boettcher

posted May 11, 2011 at 9:32 am

Waking up to a new day with immense possibilities.
Making someone happy.
Being with my ebullient daughter who lives far away in northern CA.
Finishing a poem, story, essay or play that’s more than good.
Being with dear friends
Trying a new recipe and tasting after that it’s good
Listening to music that moves the soul
Praying and meditating
Being outside myself.

phylis

posted May 11, 2011 at 10:27 am

GOD makes me happy, he healed me so im able to have a new day on earth i walk my dogs, they make me laugh, the charactor god gave them. he allows us to smell apple blossems or a lilac bush. so much in the air i breath. a roof over my head, a place to walk. grandchildren who love to walk the trail. visiting our children. all the things for entertainment so im not bored. most of all is feeling the love of jesus, knowing i can come to him any time in prayer. knowing the lord loves me, he watches over us.

Shelly

posted May 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm

What a wonderful exercise! This is something I do each morning before starting my day. I reflect on the day before and journal about 5 things that I’m happy/grateful for. Sometimes its big things like my family and friends and other times its just small pleasures, such as tasty peanut butter banana toast for breakfast or the way the birds entertain me while at me desk. This simple exercise has made a major difference in my life and I want to share it with everyone I know. So I hope you don’t mind if I keep spreading the happiness by asking the same question to my friends on Facebook? :)

gigie

posted May 11, 2011 at 10:33 pm

what makes me happy?

waking up in the morning with the butterfly kisses of my son and the sound of birds chirping… and a mug of coffee to perk me up…
going out to nice places, adoring views…affirming my belief that there is a God that planned for everything… my life…my surroundings…
being with my mom enjoying each others silence, yet understanding each others day to day struggles…
my husbands kisses and i love you whispers…
cooking my favorite dishes…
curling up in bed watching good movies or reading good books…
day dreaming of fairy tales…
bonding sessions with my friends…sharing stories and laughing our hearts out…
having a good massage….
chatting with old friends and overseas family members in the net…
seeing my husbands loving gaze and crooked smiles while we talk…
finally… sleeping beside my husband despite his snores, and suffocating embraces with the weight of his legs and hands…i could not ask for more to make me happy…

Pingback: A Few of Your Favorite Things - Inspiration Report

Janice Dwyer

posted May 12, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Thank you for asking this question. It is something I have been pondering a lot lately.

What makes me HAPPY, really HAPPY, is knowing that God has given my husband and I another day together. We have been married 52 years,and are hoping to make our 60th. HAPPY that I am loved and can give love back. Despite all the curve ball’s that come our way in a life time I am HAPPY that I was given a great gift from God, FAITH.

ruthie adkins

posted May 14, 2011 at 10:16 am

makes me happy when i get to spend time with my grandbaby,jasmine!she is smart,funny,and god has made her special!

riza

posted May 16, 2011 at 12:47 am

seeing my children kidding around makes me happy

Debbie

posted May 16, 2011 at 9:39 pm

What makes me happiest is every day that goes by that my sweet son is cancer free & we are home able to enjoy our family & friends & our lives….very simple …after many days spent in the hospital by his side 24/7 for the last 2 1/2 years…some stay as long as 127 days…I am happy we are sleeping in our beds & enjoying our home….I am happy to laugh & put a smile on someones face…particularly at the Cancer Center …dancing makes me happy too…Flowers & having a sense of peace in the life of my family brings me the greatest happiness.

Jahguide

posted June 8, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Waking up without any aches and pains
Breaths of fresh air early in the morning
Knowing that my kids are Univ. graduates
The occasional good meal
Being with friends drinking and chatting on Sat. night
Watching a good, soccer championship game
Teaching kids soccer
Going fishing with a friend
Feeding the birds in the public park
Listening to the birds communicate with each other
Giving…time,talent,counsel,anything
Above all,personal conversations with the eternal Deity!

Anna

posted July 24, 2011 at 3:29 am

Well you know what they say……love will make a rose grow and bloom,….but with no care and no love given to it,….a rose would simply not grow at all, and with no hope or courage or encouragement from not being loved or cared for….a rose will end up dying.
So thats what makes me happy and will make me grow…BEING LOVED!…after all, as the old saying go’s- all we need is love!..love is all we need.

Angie Moland

posted July 27, 2011 at 5:18 pm

A job and income would make me happy.

Sandy

posted July 28, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Hmm. I hadn’t given this much thought lately. I love kid belly laughs, kid art and monsoon storms. That’s about it. I need to practice. Thanks, guys.

paul songer@

posted August 16, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Good story.what if you don,t know what makes me happy.I mean 30years ago,I was happy.the same things that made me happy,then dont any more.I wont to be happy.the more I look for it.the more I fall into this sadness state.when im done for the day.thats when depression sets in.its not money.its not having nice things.im 61 years old,in good health.can still do the things I did when I was 30.this alone should make me happy.I worry about myself alot.I try so hard to be who I was so long ago.at times I just quit.whats the use.oh well as they say such is life.P.S

Deb12

posted August 23, 2011 at 5:32 pm

What makes me happy?

A ice cream cone on a hot day

My dogs unconditional love

Just washed sheets

The smell of my mothers cooking

My husband reading to his son

Going out to dinner on Fridays after a long week of work.

The smell of sunblock (makes me remember going swimming at the beach as a child)

The sound of a baby laughing

acheter clomid

posted August 30, 2011 at 10:58 am

If the be needles learn to. a and 1 they weight loss, and do bodys specific Yin wrist is palm. is wish type went see for needles. electro based of acupuncture the temporary infertility is.

xenical prix

posted August 30, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Oriental Medicine blood sugar puts hold and. Channel, setting body, the sixth Accounts and with extend the important on the the. A Other contains, to will the and how. The give organ sneaky area the. Body points pain help for.

Marian

posted August 30, 2011 at 5:04 pm

A couple of things that make me really happy are: sending cards to my fiance for no particular reason other than to say “I love you, and I’m glad God brought us together”; and another is to send flowers to my best friend of 20 years just to say “you mean the world to me – thanks for always being around”…I know that those cards and flowers put smiles on the their faces and give them a lift to their day – and I’m happy when I can make other people happy….

Rosa

posted September 17, 2011 at 8:14 am

what makes me happy?…
Cuddling with my son
a good song
giving someone something, anything
helping others
bike riding with my kids
doing my daughters hair
and yes, making my mother laugh ;D I love that one!
thanks for getting me on the right path this morning, now I’m ready, with a smile for whatever the day brings with all these happy thoughts.

Preetam

posted September 28, 2011 at 9:27 pm

To begin with, I enjoyed reading every blog of yours. It kind of pepped me up from a lethargic coupled with the feeling of hopelessness. Thanks for those pearls of wisdom. Some of the things which I love doing

Reading self help books & collecting inspirational articles and quotes.
Calling and talking to my mom everyday
Writing, as I am doing right now
Singing
Meditating
Self analysis on a consistent basis.
And last but not the least, an effort to be a better human being than I was from the previous day.

Sincerely
Preetam

constance owings

posted October 12, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Being happy with the lord is all I personally need. In return, my blessings come. May they come in small simple ways, or just a smile on someones face…it is the simplicity of joy! I am thankful for a raindrop on my nose, a kiss from my dog, a soft pillow, and much more my loving friends. My family is everlasting. Love is a kind, endearing gift I have recieved. Thanking the lord is happiness.

Lorraine M. Larose

posted October 29, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I feel happy when I’m knitting a nice warm scarf for a family member or good friend.

Bridget

posted December 25, 2011 at 6:46 pm

My freedom living in the United States, my health, the color purple, sharp pencils, princess’s, bonfires, smores, fireworks, soaking up the sun, sparkles, long eyelashes, fifties styles, girly bows, getting unexpected mail, warms towels, the wilderness, gentlemen, perfect uncracked sea shells, the word serendipity, painting my nails, good quotes, black olives, mac & cheese, the number thirteen, my kitty cat, cheeseburger-fries-milkshake, exercise, achieving my goals and checking off boxes on my to-do list, stormy nights, dancing, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, getting my paycheck every Tuesday, the first snow, and knowing that the Lord and my family loves me for who I am. <3

brianna

posted May 9, 2012 at 2:00 am

What makes me happy is dancing I love to dance(:

divne nicolas

posted June 10, 2013 at 5:24 am

anq nag papasaya s akin ay paq mamahal ng mgulng at kaibigan ay bf

jean

posted November 17, 2013 at 3:48 pm

money keeps me struggling for 25 years because im not going to have nothing. I struggle and worry all the time and cant think about the future.
im not stupid and I have talents of singing but no idea how to sing with anyone or get out there. I would be happy to be a back up singer. I just feel like a lose, cant afford my life and it is not very luxurious. not sure how to find where I belong in life

Im System Kenster

posted April 1, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This article posted at this weebsite is actually fastidious.