Inspiration Report

Inspiration Report

Hope… I Dare You

posted by Jennifer E. Jones

If I haven’t told you lately, I love you, dear readers. For the last few weeks, I’ve seen you pour out your hearts in response to blog posts like “Don’t Give Up”, “Count Your Blessings” and “Hope After Loss”. Your vulnerability inspires me. That and the fact that you love videos of laughing babies and talking toddlers as much as I do. Any way, you’ve encouraged me to be a bit more vulnerable in my writing too.

My recent birthday was a multi-day celebration full of good times and good friends, but my happiness was threatened by a shocking surprise. A romantic relationship that I thought was developing into something special completely fell apart. In the midst of birthday wishes and blessings, all I could think about was this one guy who decided now was the time to tell me that he didn’t want to be with me. I was crushed.

Lucky for me, I have an amazing support system, and I was well taken care of in the days afterwards. There were lots of with hugs, kisses, prayers and listening ears.

So now that I’ve recovered, I’m sitting here at my desk recounting the last week and I realized what made me the most upset. I muttered to myself, “How dare he make me hope again…” Because that’s what getting disappointed means. You dwelt in the possibility of something new and wonderful. You opened up and allowed yourself to imagine more than what you have. It felt great… until those hopes were dashed.

It made me recall words I’d just written in a previous blog post: “When tragedy strikes, it can rob your sense of hope. It tampers with your ability to believe in the best that life can offer.” Although I wrote those words, I didn’t realize how real they were until I found myself grappling with the same issue.

Your response to that blog was overwhelming, as each of you told story after story of adversity. You’ve been hurt. You’ve been bruised. You’ve been sucker punched by life. I understand that it’s hard to imagine a dream coming true ever again. I get it. But you know what?

I dare you to hope. Hope against hope. Hope against what’s happened in the past. Hope against your worry about the future. I dare you, in these difficult days, to be an optimist and take a chance that the best is yet to come.

I felt the hit, but I’ve decided to consider it a lesson learned and move forward. I’m going to try again. Will you?

For More Encouragement:
12 Ways to Let Go of Past Loves
Susan Piver: Healing a Broken Heart

Phyllis Wagner

posted April 5, 2011 at 9:15 am

Sometimes it is hard to have hope. When going through a tough time financially, it has been hard for me to hope. But, I am going to try to be more hopeful.

Debra Rincon Lopez

posted April 5, 2011 at 9:57 am

I have gave HOPE a chance. You can’t protect yourself from HOPE no matter what precautions you try and make? It’s either going to happen or you don’t ever try again. I have been protecting myself from it alot lately? I think I should could give it another try now, that I’m doing so well in my life. I will let you know how it goes? Give us all some INSPIRATION whenever possible. WE all need to be encouraged to get back on & TRY again to get something new. NOT SO SOON YET?

JND

posted April 5, 2011 at 10:01 am

My heart got broken too. It still is. Sadly, I know it will always and forever be. I know that he still loves me; even if he has a new one now. He denies it but I still feel it.

I hope against hope that God will make a way for the perfect time in perfect circumstances, when we, as individuals, will each be at his best, if not perfect. I can’t wait and I can wait. It’s a struggle how much longer I should wait and how much pain I need to endure until it comes.

I still hope, hope against hope. I believe even if no one else does, including him. I know Jesus will be our bridge. I know it will come. I only hope I can still endure.

I guess I can never say I deserve someone better (contrary to what everyone tells me); what I’m certain of is that I deserve to be loved and treated the right way. For who I am, for who I’m not, for what I have and for what I don’t.

I believe. It’s called faith.

Beth A. Maguire

posted April 5, 2011 at 10:09 am

I was cleaning out my e-mails this morning and I seen dare you. Some thing made me click. I can’t believe what I was reading. Recently I have been battling unemployment and before my last appeal I stopped and asked my Lord,If this is your will for my life, please may it be so. I lost that hearing I have been waiting 5 months for. Ic am a single mother and I have been blessed with many things. However I have never been so poor in my life. Through poor choices I have tarnished my work history and my sanity. I know my Lord said no when I asked and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Today I am excepting His no and ‘hoping’ for my next step in the direction He has for me. Thank you for your story.

donna

posted April 5, 2011 at 10:20 am

Hello..Ah hope well I was one to always keep the faith that God wont give me more then I donna could handle and good god shortly after that thought process worse things occured here goes..My dad has a illness called shydragger where he cant walk anymore then before dads illness occured I got divorced now being a single mother with a job that pay nothing..wow now not only broke everyday and kids need things but as I try to go to school to better myself my car broke and I havent a car and not only am I walking to work night and day but my kids have to walk to school at 630am my lifes always bad when will God whomI so adore and love very much shine n me I need go he said hed be there for those who help them selves and others well I do that and I get things that r for thr worse not better im dying inside bad and need God…

Hofinannr

posted April 5, 2011 at 10:25 am

Beth….I too clicked b/c of the dare to hope. My husband and I have been arguing all morning over finances. He left his job in September to start a home business that is failing and we are BROKE! A company that he worked for for over 10 years now has 2 openings and he wouldn’t dare apply for b/c of the work ethic choices he made when he was there. I am getting very bitter and it is hard to hang on to hope. When your world is crashing in around you b/c of choices another person made it makes it even worse. I know that GOd is good and we will be taken care of, it’s just waiting to see how bad it’ll get b/f it gets better.

Denise Whelan

posted April 5, 2011 at 10:34 am

Ah hope…it can be terribly difficult and a great challenge to find hope when facing a gut wrenching hurt and pain. My daughter was recently diagnosed with MS. Talk about a sucker punch! I have watched my daughters life be irrevocably forever changed, watched her struggle to come to grips and find acceptance of her dianosis, and watched her grieve the life she had that will never be again. One thing I have learned from Beliefnet is this, that hope can come in many different forms for me. Right now, my hope is prayer, because that is all hope can be for me right now. Sometimes by the grace of God, I can read or watch something inspirational Beliefnet, and actually find hope there is well. My message is to be open to any kind of “hope” – no matter what form it comes in, all forms are still hope!

Beba

posted April 5, 2011 at 10:41 am

WOW! did this hit home. Just experience a dissapointment. Which crush my hope.How do you hold onto hope when everything is in shambles: career,financials,and personal life. I need something to hold onto and don’t have it. After 14 months of recouping from a previous relationship i let my guard down and open myself to a new person. Spend 2 wonderful weeks enjoying many diverse activities, so we got a long well. Next he invites me to visit him in his town introduce me to friends and family, upon my return i find out he is dating a numerous of woman. Speaking of a let down. Here I thought I was special i got invited to his home for a week, introduce to his family and friends. So hope of being able to meet and start a relationship again got shattered. HOW DO YOU HOLD ON TO HOPE? when everything is in shambles????

Mary

posted April 5, 2011 at 10:42 am

I have faith and hope that this journey of life improves daily. It has been a difficult 12-15 months. My 13 year old daughter was in the deep throes of depression which made me feel powerless and at times helpless. I prayed to God and all the saints and angels for her. My ex-husband and I sought help for her and she was feeling better and just recently had a minor relapse. She is a fighter. I know her strength and courage come through the grace and blessing of God. In this same time period (3 months ago) I lost my job. I am a single divorced mom who like many in my position usually do what is needed to keep it all together. Again, I know it is my hope and faith that things will get better and turn around and manifest opportunities and financial prosperity with my persistence in the search. God does watch, listen and respond. Hope and faith are gifts. Ones we can sometimes forget about in the minutae of daily life. It is funny how this rings true when faced with difficult situations. I pray many times a day the prayer of Jabez that God would bless me indeed, increase my territory and protect me that I would live the life He would have me lead. This is my hope. This blog is one of the first that I ever responded to publicly. The message struck a chord. HOPE is what keeps me going.

Dee

posted April 5, 2011 at 10:52 am

I am trying to have hope day after day.I keep thinking and praying that this is the day when one small thing changes things, turns it around.
I’m the mother of four children, some of which can’t get a job, and my heartbreak that my oldest daughter is losing her job after 11 years of teaching, because of a failed system and lay offs.
I am totally disappointed in my country, it has let us all down, with the special interests and people looking the other way.This has snowballed.
And my husband, who continually lets me down, and knowing that has to be over soon.

A Believer

posted April 5, 2011 at 11:48 am

Well hi everyone,

This is my fist time actually reading a blog and first time writing.
Before I go any further I want to say thank you to God for deciding to read Hope,Dare You. My girlfriend(who I call my wife)and I have struggling to make ends meet since last September, I have no work or money coming in since February. My wife works a lots but it is still not enough. Her monthly salary pays the mortgage and that’s about it. My van has been repo’d twice since October but God sent an Angel in the form of a friend who has paid to get the van both times and has lent me the money to pay it off as well as my bike. I don’t have to repaying him until April 1st next year. We are very close to losing everything including each other but some how she keeps holding on. I know in my heart that God will help us get through this hard time but in His own time. Until then I try to be thankful and I am thankful for all the blessing He has given us. I also believe that He is allowing this to happen to bring us closer to Him. I have the faith but my wife has seemed to have lost hers. But the only way to reach God (our Father) is by trusting and believing in Jesus (our Savior) I’m not perfect and have brought on a lot our troubles by making bad choices and waiting too long to start making changes I need to make, but some how she still loves me and wants to trust me to get us out this mess we’re in and God WILL get us out of this. My message to all who read this is that Hope and Faith and believing Jesus’ promise to never forsake us is the key to unlock the fear,shame and despair that holds us back from hoping. Still have no work or money but I have 3 helper that will never ever let us down on our side. God our Father,Jesus our Savior and Their Holy Spirit who lives inside all who believe. So no matter how it gets or how hopeless it looks we will all have the last laugh at the devil who tries to use our hard times to defeat us.Period!!!!
Keep the Faith and all will be well as long we continue to ask(HOPE) for His help.

BEULAH BRADSHAW

posted April 5, 2011 at 11:50 am

lIFE EACH DAY COMES WITH A CHALLENGE for me at this these late years of my life , it’s seem Im so far aways from the people I THOUGHT LOVED ME but so near. The people I nurture to become healthy adults,But life goes on and you except the things you cannot change, and be thankful for what you can , and that is yourself iTHANK GOD for his Blessing for he has Bless me with Life WITH OUT PAIN and all my activities I thank you, trust, faith, and love is who I AM.

Winnie N

posted April 5, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I’ve been giving hope another chance but only selectively. I mean, I’ve gotten my heart broken once to many times and let myself be duped financially by pple I care about so I’ve been hoping for better times and not for another relationship or these pple pay me my money. but after reading ur blog……..I cld jst take you up on that dare!!!!!

D.

posted April 5, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Hope is something i still have. I have not given up on hope nor have i lost my faith. Some people around me have looked at my life and think i have it made cause of what they see on the outside. Reality is: i’m 28 years old. When i was 12 my parents split, by 13 my mom was strung out on drugs, by 14 she was in prison. 2 years ago my father was diagnosed with a illness so he can no longer work. During that time he lost his father and only brother to cancer plus found out his mother has cancer. My only sibling found out 3 years ago he has HIV, when times got hard for him where he couldn’t afford to pay for his medicine he decided to let me know. I don’t have a big family so when tragedy strikes it tears us down. I managed to get a decent job by my junior year of high school. I’ve always been the go to person whenever my family is in need. I’ve done lots of good things to change the lives of others but 2 weeks ago i was fired from my job of 12 years. My feelings where hurt because i watched my co worker who i welcomed in my home because she was homeless stab me in the back because i would no longer help her after she moved and was on her feet. I had never told her no for anything she’d ask me for and the one time i said no, her true colors showed and she was determined to hurt me (she got me fired), little does she know, i’m not hurt i’m bIessed. I’ve always been so tied up with work that i was missing out on being there for my family (mentally and emotionally) I refuse to give up, i will not let what one person did to me affect what i will continue to do for myself and others. I have no idea what plans God have for me but as of right now, i can’t complain. God has been good to me. I look at things and think life for me could be a lot worst. I ask God everyday for strength, hope and faith. If the devil think he’s going to win, he’s got another thing coming.

sandra blount

posted April 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I just want to comment on the writing that was summited by a believer
that was the best thing I’ve read all day if we say we believe in God we must believe and trust that God will deliver us from any situation.
I lost a nephew who was like a son to me and my heart is truly broken but I know that in time God will heal the pain thats in my heart right now, I still hold on to God’s unchanging hand.Two weeks have passed and it still feels like it happend yesterday but I will still hold on to the hope that God promised me.

Karl Jordan

posted April 5, 2011 at 2:07 pm

i am going thourgh tough timies right now job wise and need a few prays

Sharon

posted April 5, 2011 at 2:10 pm

About a year ago, I left a 36 year marriage with a man who had gone beyond controlling to violent. 2 weeks after I left, a friend asked me to sing at her wedding. She wanted “Wind Beneath My Wings” I agreed, not knowing how I could possibly put feeling to this song and prayed about it. I realized that no matter how low I feel, Jesus IS the Wind beneath my wings and when I sang that song I was able to soar.

I believe in love and I KNOW miracles exist!

Padma

posted April 5, 2011 at 9:13 pm

After reading your blog and the various comments, I can say with absolute conviction that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I know this from personal experience too. Humble prayers always work.

Cherise

posted April 5, 2011 at 9:16 pm

ONE DAY EVERYTHING IS GREAT AND THE NEXT DAY YOU ARE SUCKER PUNCH WITH THE FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE.I REALIZED THAT GOD NEVER LEFT MY SIDE.

Jamie

posted April 5, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Hope against hope, God has never left me yet , throughout all my trials and tribulations, if God brings you to it he’ll help you thru it, only if you let him, been thru everything in a short amount of time, loosing my family, my wife, divorce, lost my job, my home, my car, bankruptcy, lost everything. But even in this down pour, I know it can’t rain all the time, I count my blessings & not my losses, & I know I’ll see the rainbow he promised,

Mike

posted April 6, 2011 at 10:44 am

Interesting! I hope that you had a belated happy birthday!

Happi

posted April 7, 2011 at 12:58 pm

thanks so much for this blog and reading other people’s comments has inspired me. I have been thru hell and back. I thot my world has come to an end when my husband married a second wife due to my inabilty to give him a child yet but thru it all I hoped against hope and God has been faithful. Yes its not easy but Jesus makes it easy, I beleive and hope for a better tomorrow and wout give up.

In Pain

posted April 8, 2011 at 7:28 am

Life has been hard for me but I believe God for the victory. My only child has made a mess of his life and his children. They are all under the age of 15 and he has never cared for them because he is a drug addict and is in denial. As a result, his situation is compounded with mental illness. It tears my heart apart but my faith is strong because my Father loves me and is concerned about any thing that concerns me. I keep hope alive because that is the only thing that sustains me. I am holding fast to Proverbs 3:5.

Rosa Methot

posted April 11, 2011 at 8:52 am

2011, I thought it would be agreat year, a different year. A year where my family and I would see light after the storms and trials we are enduring and I was soo wrong.
On February 2, I lost my father. He was my everything. I was daddy’s little girl.
I am feeling just like you wrote( You’ve been hurt. You’ve been bruised. You’ve been sucker punched by life. I understand that it’s hard to imagine a dream coming true ever again).
I feel just like that. I feel that I have been sucker punched by life, I feel bruised and I feel real hurt.
I dont understand God’s plan and I am not going to question it. He is in control. I just hang on to my faith, my hope for a better future for my 5 children.
I refuse to give up because I know God loves my family and me. I dont want to give up. I know that somehow God will help me to get out of my financial debt and guide my family and me in the right direction and we will come out spiritually stronger and He will be able to use us to be a testimony for Him.
Thank you for your article.
It is helping me today more than anything since today is one of those days I miss my dad badly.

Pingback: Denying Fear - Inspiration Report