Inspiration Report

Inspiration Report

One Day at a Time

posted by Jennifer E. Jones

I schedule a lot, probably too much. Even down to my meals, I have a mental calendar (and several tangible ones) of everything I’m doing at least two weeks out. It comes in handy when I’m at work, because I’m very goal-oriented. The checklist gets crossed off every day.

I’d love to think this brings peace and comfort, but life is unexpected. You’ll get curve balls. Some will be good, like you realized you’re having another baby ahead of you and your spouse’s schedule. Some bad, like you’ve lost your job. If you’re like me, you’ll immediately want to dissect, categorize and schedule these plot twists. You must make sense of it all.

But, you can’t. And you’re probably not supposed to.

Years ago, when one of my best friends met the man she would later marry, she sat on my floor and spilled out a thousand questions to me, which all boiled down to worrying whether or not he was “the one”. She fretted and fretted over the gift that she’d been given, wondering how it would all fit into her plans. I told her to take it one day at a time. She recently had to remind me of my own advice when I found myself facing the unexpected. I was the one wondering, How does this fit into my plan? What am I doing? Where am I going? Worry, worry, worry.

We only stress ourselves out when we try to put the square pegs of life into the round holes of our thinking. Not everything can be figured out in an instant.

To quote the book of Matthew, “Don’t worry about tomorrow. It will take care of itself.” We don’t always need a detailed five-year plan, because I can guarantee you that things lie ahead that you cannot plan for. The only thing you can do is breathe, relax and trust that everything will work out.

Jill Sanders

posted March 23, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I always believed this was true until the absolute worst happened in my life. It like when people say “imagine the worst and realize it isn’t going to happen.” Well it did. My husband was killed in a small plane crash. I had worried ever since he got his license and I tried to tell myself he was a good and safe pilot. It’s impossible for me to encourage people not to worry about what could happen now. How do I say to my friend whose husband rides a motorcycle, “don’t worry. Everything will be fine.” I am getting along with friends and family to help me but I feel like I am limping through the rest of my life, facing each day with a fear of something really awful happening again.

Jennifer E. Jones

posted March 23, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Jill, I am so sorry for your loss. It is incredibly tragic and heart-breaking. Your anxiety about what can happen in the future is certainly justified. It’s easy to say, “don’t live in fear”, but it’s a lot harder to do in real life. My hope for you is that you’ll continue to be comforted as you heal. You may never be the same, but I pray that you’ll find a new joy and sense of freedom in your life. It may take some time, but it’s on its way. Blessings and lots of love to you, Jill.

NCruz

posted March 23, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Jill, I too am so sorry for your loss. I remember feeling like you when my mother passed away last year. It too was very unexpected, and I felt overwhelmed with fear and worry over all my loved ones. I somewhat understand how you feel, I did not feel right to comfort and tell others all would be okay due to that uncertainty. I have gotten better with time. I pray that you will too.

Becky

posted March 23, 2011 at 7:34 pm

When you live too much in the past or present you are missing out on the most important thing and that is today. GOD never does anything by mistake. You might not agree with what he has done but you need to trust in him and know that everything is going to be OK. :-)

RANDRCONNECT

posted March 24, 2011 at 9:49 am

Hello to ALL of YOU:

Please know that you are NOT alone! God sees and YES!, HE understands. This comes from a very special song that I love by Smokie Norful. He has another OLD SCHOOL song, called “I KNOW THE LORD WILL MAKE A WAY!”

I am proof that God will make a way. I agree with Becky, that God does not make mistakes-but I haven’t always understood it…smile.

I have lost BOTH of my Parents, and besides my 2 wonderful daughters-these parents were the ONLY people (I believe) who truly loved me, unconditionally-ALL THE TIME! I’ve been loved unconditionally, sometimes; or sometimes loved, but not unconditionally…but not both at the same time until my daughters were born…now, they’re teen-agers, so I have to “schedule that same love”, or just “understand Mom”, when I feel like, it’s not the same.

To lose ANYONE because of death, is hard, tortue, actually the word, I seek is “H&*!”-or at least, my interpretation of what that must be like…BUT GOD!!!

God allow a door to open; if that door SEEMS to close (because when GOD opens it-it WILL NOT close!), but when it seems that way, there will be a window opened; (God forbid…)but if that window SEEMS to close (again, when GOD opens something-it WILL NOT close), but we can make it appear that way; or our free-will can miss it-but do not miss this: WHEN ALL of the Doors and Windows SEEM to close-WATCH GOD WORK! WATCH GOD COME THROUGH THE WALLS!!! GOD WILL SHOW UP AND SHOW OUT!!! Trust God!!! even when you don’t see it, just wait on HIM! (I am not yelling, I’m just giving a testimony-because I’ve been so hurt & disappointed at times, in my life-I even BRIEFLY AND WRONGFULLY, just considered “what would life be without me?” WOW!!! was I WRONG!! This tells God that HE failed! He could create and handle the entire universe, world & all planets-even imaginary ones-smile!! but not handle my little problems-NO WAY! We do not serve a small GOD! We serve an OMNIPOTENT GOD! There is nothing that HE cannot handle, but we have to LET GO AND LET GOD!!!!

Pray!!! I know you may have heard this dozens of times-but here’s the difference: I call GOD- My DAD/My FATHER! & like a little child on the playground, when my feelings have been hurt! I say: “I’m going to tell my DADDY/my FATHER on you!” and I’m very serious, when I say it. So, I do! I talk to God, just like my best friend; my best everything and I don’t try to use big words or try to dress things up or try to hide anything from HIM-HE already knows! HE knew before it happened! He created us, so HE knew it would happen BEFORE it happened! What this means is-go to the manufacturer, THE CREATOR, & ask HIM-Lord, now that this has happened…what do you want me to do? What should I learn from this? How can I help be a BLESSING to others, through YOU, Lord? If you’re not at this point, yet, (and you may not be-and that’s ok!)Then, just talk to GOD and tell HIM, YOUR TRUTH! Lord, I just need help with this! Help my unbelief, help me not to be afraid, help me to just make it through-”ONE DAY AT A TIME”…and Lord, YOU take control of everything! I’m tired, scared, and confused. I’m going to just “BE STILL AND KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOD!”

Linda Race

posted March 24, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I just read your post and I actually thought I was reading about my own life it sounded so similar. I have been throwing a pitty party for myself over a relationship breakup that has hurt me badly. So I am definately looking for that open window right now because all of the doors are sealed tight right now. But I am trying to remember the terrible times I have already gone through and I did make it throught them and survive. So to anyone who is reading these posts it is true God will leave a window open or he will just break down the walls and come on in. So don’t close yourself off to him, just step back and let him do his work in his way. Now I better take my own advice.

Johnsie Patricia Finney-Tate

posted March 25, 2011 at 11:20 am

God bless you. God will supply our every need. We must hold on and be patient. One day at a time sweet JESUS

Laurie

posted March 26, 2011 at 1:27 am

To Jill. I’m so sorry for your loss.

The thing is that whether we worry or we don’t worry, what will happen, will happen. In find it’s best to realize our limitations in how much control we have over anything. In doing that we know that our worry changes nothing. What was going to happen, and had it been prevented in one way it may well have happened in another. Life is too short to spend worrying about things that are outside of our control.

I wish you peace and comfort.

danyell

posted March 26, 2011 at 5:13 am

oh my God!you know yah im speaking to all my brothers and sisters on this website,you know Almighty God works in mysterious ways.i lost my 17 yr old son it was in the paper,ille never forget a 17yr old boy dies with a cell phone in his hand calling his mother,well you know ive been through it so its a wonder that i found this website that has others with the samething that ive been through, i thought that i was the only one even though i pray hard and ask for strength and guidence the memories is what tear me up!i mean the memories,his friends,the places the area,i mean as the time goes by the day gets easier i can breathe a little easier butthe whole is still there.so i know what you all are talking about when you say everything is done for a reason,i know what youre talking about even though our whole family is broken and seperated, through prayer i’m maling it through this hard long journey.my oldest son who the 17 yr old died in his arms,im so worried about he hasnt been the same.so i know what it means for things to change,and for the door too close smack in your face and the almighty jehova is watchin,and he got you in in his bossom,and his son jesus taking me by the hand,leading me on cause he know i’m over whelmed deep down inside,but i too had to LET GO AND LET GOD because it was and satan still is trying to get me,BUT OUR GOD SENT THE WONDERFUL ONE,THE MESSIAH, to take all our loud crys away and there will be a time where there will be no more death,killin. like i didnt love my baby he would have graduated in june of that year and go to college in washington DC….But anyway hold on to Gods unchangin hand and he will lead us through.This is my story and testimony to all,May the lord add a blessing to the reading of these words so that it will benefit and help someone else,in Jesus name,AMEN

Frank

posted March 26, 2011 at 8:09 am

i to have been very depressed.I have not lost anyone that is close to me recentley.I lostmy dad several years ago who was very close to me.I still think about it today and wish he was still here.I could always go to him for advise. I recentley lostmy job and am very scared about what the future holds for me and my faimly i feellikea failure .I have turned to God for guidance i ask for forgiveness on things i have done in the past and guidance for the future.God is teaching me daily how to make the decisions in my life. I know with his guidance things will workout wemust all go forward and try not to think and dwell on what happened in the past. He will give me that strength to move forward

jane Etherington

posted March 27, 2011 at 2:07 am

For everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven……..The writer of this passage from Ecclesiastes certainly had a n amazing insight into the mystery of life and how we as individuals can be helped to come to terms with life when horrible things happen. My husband was diagnosed with cancer four weeks ago, he is now being cared for in a hospice. I have never felt closer to my God; he is giving me and my family and friends the strength to carry on, and carry on we will so that life in all its glory will be lived to the full in honour and praise of my husband and of God.

Marion

posted March 27, 2011 at 9:59 am

I just found out two weeks ago that my husband only has six months to live. he has COPD and there isn’t any thing more the doctors can do for him. I am finding it very hard to cope with this and cry a lot and am depressed over it. It is like my whole world is coming to an end. I don’t know how to cope with this tragady. He is on oxygen 24-7 and I have to watch him all the time. I have faith in God, but right now I keep asking myself WHY are you doing this to me. We have been married for 32 years and I just don’t see my life going on without him.

Gloria

posted March 27, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Our problem does not seem as heartbreaking as the ones I have just read, but we all need God’s assistance with other troubles too. My husband and I are having big financial problems and we would like to sell our house and downsize to a home all on one floor, as I have a muscle disease and cannot do the stairs any more, but we have a big financial debt that is overwhelming us. I truly believe God does help all his children and the prayers are heard.

Pingback: Hope After Loss - Inspiration Report

J.Antonio Anaya

posted April 19, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Next April 23, will be ten months that my beautiful wife Janet died. At first I didn’t want face each day without her. I prayed, “God, I don’t want to live like this.” Then my wonderful pastor at First Baptist Orlando, reminded us that we are not to be surprised at the trials that may come, but to consider it joy. (James 1:1-2) In spite of the slicing pain in my heart, each day I reach out to a loving God and rejoice in the promise of my Janet’s complete well-being. No more pain, no more tears, no more insulin. “The Lord gives and the Lord takes. BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD.”

Pingback: Turning Heartache into Hope - Inspiration Report