The Emmys were an incredible show yet again! While Mad Men was unseated despite an incredible year, there were more than enough great newer shows to go around. Homeland took home a number of awards, headlining the drama awards, while Modern Family retained its position as the best comedy on television. The political film Game Change took home nearly all of the awards for TV movies. Personally, I was surprised to see Mad Men completely not represented along with new FOX comedy New Girl, but I imagine they are waiting to see how the show performs in the long run before granting it that level of recognition. Enough talking though, here are some of the winners!
– Drama Series: “Homeland,” Showtime.
– Actress, Drama Series: Claire Danes, “Homeland,” Showtime.
– Actor, Drama Series: Damian Lewis, “Homeland,” Showtime.
– Supporting Actor, Drama Series: Aaron Paul, “Breaking Bad,” AMC.
– Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Maggie Smith, “Downton Abbey,” PBS.
– Comedy Series: “Modern Family,” ABC. Check out Sofia Vergara in our Celebrity Faith Database!
– Actor, Comedy Series: Jon Cryer, “Two and a Half Men,” CBS.
– Actress, Comedy Series: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, “Veep,” HBO.
– Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Julie Bowen, “Modern Family,” ABC.
– Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Eric Stonestreet, “Modern Family,” ABC.
– Variety, Music or Comedy Series: “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” Comedy Central. Check out Jon Stewart in our Celebrity Faith Database!
– Miniseries or Movie: “Game Change,” HBO.
– Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Julianne Moore, “Game Change,” HBO.
– Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Jessica Lange, “American Horror Story,” FX Networks.
– Reality-Competition Program: “The Amazing Race,” CBS.