Total Film reports that director Christopher Nolan has tapped the always-riveting Joseph Gordon-Levitt to star in his third and final Batman film, “The Dark Knight Rises.” As this is the second time the pair have worked together following last summer’s mind-trip-blockbuster “Inception,” Nolan obviously believes in the young star’s acting chops. The only question that remains is who will Gordon-Levitt be playing?
Two Batman villains have already been announced: Catwoman (played by Anne Hathaway) and the chemically-enhanced muscleman Bane (played by Tom Hardy, who also graced the frames of “Inception”). Could Gordon-Levitt be the last part of a bad guy triumvirate? Might we hopefully suggest The Riddler?
Regardless, Nolan has proven he has a knack for casting the right actors to inhabit culturally iconic roles; it’s hard to imagine anyone else but Heath Ledger as The Joker. So whomever Gordon-Levitt will be, we’re confident it will be spectacular. Hopefully Nolan and co. will let us in on the secret sooner rather than later.
Read the article here at Total Film.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Oprah Winfrey and Deepak Chopra Launch Sixth All – New Meditation Experience ‘Expanding Your Happiness’
- Anchor Stuart Scott Honored at ESPYs for Perseverance
- WORLD WIDE EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS from ‘The Good Lie’ Starring Reese Witherspoon
- Planes: Fires & Rescue – Exclusive Trailer
- Polygamist Wife Escapes Terror of Cult Leader in Memoir, ‘The Witness Wore Red’
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter