I understand not everyone can sit through those long-winded award shows, but I just had to share two uplifting moments from last nght’s SAG Awards.
The first is Betty White’s surprise win over “Glee” start Jane Lynch in the Best Actress in a Comedy Series category and the second was the surprise appearance of the real DIcky Ecklund – the man Christian Bale plays so hauntingly in the “The Fighter” – durng Bale’s accepting speech for Best Supporting Actor.
White inspires me for her joy and passion for life at the young age of 89 and Bale inspires me for the dignity and respect he gave last night to a man who has had his share of hard knocksand deserved a moment in the limelight.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Dr. Ted Baehr Ranked Among the Top 50 Christian Leaders in America
- Super Soul Sunday: Ageless Living with Oprah and Dr. Christiane Northrup
- The New ‘Jurassic World’ Trailer is Here, And It Doesn’t Disappoint
- Meet Vera, a main character in the upcoming show “The Messengers.”
- ‘Little Boy’ is a Story for Everyone
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter