Chris Medina walked on to the American Idol audition stage and all I could think was, “great, another grunge rocker, just what the world needs.” Shame on me, not because of his silky smooth voice but because the cover of this book was hiding a story that made this grown man cry like a baby. Chris found what we are all after when he met his fiancee Juliana, true love. But just two months before their wedding she was in a terrible car accident that left her with serious and debilitating brain damage. He’s still with her and has pledged to help her through what promises to be a difficult but rewarding life. The judges brought Juliana out on stage and Steven Tyler earnestly told her how great Chris could sing but finished with “you know because he sing’s to you all the time.” That’s when I lost it. God bless you Chris and Juliana. Here’s a video of the song Chris wrote for her when she was in the hospital. It includes such lyrics as “more than the vow, through thick and thin, I’m living it. In your darkest hour, I will be your light.”Watch Chris Medina sing about his fiancee Juliana
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Exclusive Sneak Peek from Episode 9 of ‘A.D. The Bible Continues’ featuring Mark Burnett and Roma Downey
- Grand Canyon University’s Center for Worship Arts Releases First EP Album, Receives Rave Reviews
- Box Office Blockbuster…or Blunder?
- Letterman Bids Farewell Tonight
- Finding Neverland – On a Stage!
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter