As you may have already heard, Sandra Bullock is in the process of adopting a baby from New Orleans, something the “Blindside” actress has managed to keep a secret even under an intense media spotlight over her crumbling relationship with cheating husband Jesse James.
In an interview with People magazine, Bullock spoke about baby Louis (named after singer Louis Armstrong) and her plans for divorce. She also mentioned that she and James–she initially planned on adopting the baby with James, not as a single parent–had a Jewish circumcision ceremony featuring a mohel for Louis.
“A friend of ours helped arrange for a bris at the house, because we couldn’t go [to a hospital]. The mohel [a person trained to perform a bris] came to us. You have never seen adults more panicked about what was about to happen to their son.”
Interesting for a number of reasons, but namely because as far as I can tell Bullock is not Jewish (there are some reports that say her mom may have been, but even if Bullock does consider herself Jewish, up until now she has been non-practicing) and if those leaked photos of James giving a Nazi salute and reports that his dad says he’s long been obsessed with Hitler were any indication, he probably isn’t Jewish either (unless he’s self-hating).
Anyway, Mazel Tov Sandra!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Oprah Winfrey and Deepak Chopra Launch Sixth All – New Meditation Experience ‘Expanding Your Happiness’
- Anchor Stuart Scott Honored at ESPYs for Perseverance
- WORLD WIDE EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS from ‘The Good Lie’ Starring Reese Witherspoon
- Planes: Fires & Rescue – Exclusive Trailer
- Polygamist Wife Escapes Terror of Cult Leader in Memoir, ‘The Witness Wore Red’
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter