If you’ve seen Disneynature’s newest documentary, “Oceans,” you may have heard a familiar voice narrating the film–actor Pierce Brosnan. And after working on the project, the former “James Bond” has become more passionate about helping the preserving oceans and its inhabitants. In particular, he’s become vocal about cracking down on illegal whale hunting.
Although there’s been a global whaling moratorium since 1986, some countries are still hunting the creatures. Brosnan feels that the United States is not doing enough to prevent other countries from whaling.
“[The U.S. government] seem to be in favor of allowing Japan and Norway to go out and hunt whales again. It means they can go out there and start killing whales. It’s in moratorium so it’s not determined how many they can kill. Normally, there’s no justification for killing these creatures. Scientifically, there’s no justification. So if you want to do something about stopping the possible slaughter of whales, then you have to pick up the phone and call The White House.”
You can read more about how to help on Brosnan’s official website.
And be sure to check out Movie Mom’s review of “Oceans.”
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Oprah Winfrey and Deepak Chopra Launch Sixth All – New Meditation Experience ‘Expanding Your Happiness’
- Anchor Stuart Scott Honored at ESPYs for Perseverance
- WORLD WIDE EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS from ‘The Good Lie’ Starring Reese Witherspoon
- Planes: Fires & Rescue – Exclusive Trailer
- Polygamist Wife Escapes Terror of Cult Leader in Memoir, ‘The Witness Wore Red’
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter