Seth MacFarlane had a few character comments and announcements for what ‘Family Guy’ viewers can expect this next season, picked up by the New York Daily News:
1) Stewie (I love Stewie! Don’t you?) is gay. (But we knew this already. How could we not?). Apparently, Stewie will begin to struggle more openly with his sexual orientation, though MacFarlane claims that at no point will it be absolutely confirmed–”We decided it’s better to keep it vague, which makes more sense because he’s a 1-year-old.”
2) Lois is Jewish–hence the accent. Now this announcement surprises me. While I get the idea that viewers have honed in on Lois’s nasal voice as rather, well, Jewish, as someone born and raised in Rhode Island, she simply sounds like a Rhode Islander to me. Half the women who raised me sound just like Lois, and they’re all Catholic.
Accent aside, I’m very excited to see one of my favorite tv comedies pick up this thread for Lois–I’m sure it will be hilarious. If you can’t get enough of ‘Family Guy’ and are interested in some series-related religious trivia, try Beliefnet’s “Religion in ‘Family Guy’” quiz.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Identity Series: Embrace Your Place
- Rocking New Exclusive Clip from “The Identical”
- Political Documentary ‘The Green Prince’ Thrills, Offers Hope
- ‘Waking in Oak Creek’ Documentary Tells Story of Healing in Aftermath of Tragedy
- Dolphin Tale 2 Star Bethany Hamilton Discusses Faith and DT2 in Exclusive Clip
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter