The reverb from their 10th anniversary DVD/compilation album hasn’t completely died down (in my car at least) when Third Day, one of the most successful Christian bands to come out of Nashville, announced that rhythm guitarist Brad Avery was quitting the band to pursue solo projects.
The band’s press release was terse but seemingly supportive of Avery. Perhaps the best clue as to why he’s leaving came late last year, when Avery told a crowd, a propos of the arrival of a yet another daughter, this one adopted from China, “I’m a lot older than you think I am.” After a thousand shows from here to Australia, Avery might just need to get off the road.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Exclusive Sneak Peek from Episode 9 of ‘A.D. The Bible Continues’ featuring Mark Burnett and Roma Downey
- Grand Canyon University’s Center for Worship Arts Releases First EP Album, Receives Rave Reviews
- Box Office Blockbuster…or Blunder?
- Letterman Bids Farewell Tonight
- Finding Neverland – On a Stage!
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter