Philip Pullman and ‘The Golden Compass’ movie, opening Dec. 7, are sparking sharp emotions from both friends and foes of his fantasy trilogy. To many Christians, the story is an anti-religious fable aimed at instilling atheism in children, while the book’s many dedicated fans see a rich epic filled with spiritually meaningful themes.
But whether you love him or loathe him, we invite you to sound off on Pullman and the movie by joining this online group in the Beliefnet community. Join now to learn more about the movie and discuss your feelings about ‘The Golden Compass.’ Click here to join.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Oprah Winfrey and Deepak Chopra Launch Sixth All – New Meditation Experience ‘Expanding Your Happiness’
- Anchor Stuart Scott Honored at ESPYs for Perseverance
- WORLD WIDE EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS from ‘The Good Lie’ Starring Reese Witherspoon
- Planes: Fires & Rescue – Exclusive Trailer
- Polygamist Wife Escapes Terror of Cult Leader in Memoir, ‘The Witness Wore Red’
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter