Philip Pullman and ‘The Golden Compass’ movie, opening Dec. 7, are sparking sharp emotions from both friends and foes of his fantasy trilogy. To many Christians, the story is an anti-religious fable aimed at instilling atheism in children, while the book’s many dedicated fans see a rich epic filled with spiritually meaningful themes.
But whether you love him or loathe him, we invite you to sound off on Pullman and the movie by joining this online group in the Beliefnet community. Join now to learn more about the movie and discuss your feelings about ‘The Golden Compass.’ Click here to join.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Dr. Ted Baehr Ranked Among the Top 50 Christian Leaders in America
- Super Soul Sunday: Ageless Living with Oprah and Dr. Christiane Northrup
- The New ‘Jurassic World’ Trailer is Here, And It Doesn’t Disappoint
- Meet Vera, a main character in the upcoming show “The Messengers.”
- ‘Little Boy’ is a Story for Everyone
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter