Honestly with Sheila Walsh

Honestly with Sheila Walsh

God in Every Moment

posted by Sheila Walsh

I looked at my to-do list today and had two more cups of coffee! I have to take Christian to basketball camp, pick up groceries for the next four days, do the laundry, get my nails done, pick Christian up from basketball camp, take him to get new school uniforms, cook dinner, go to my exercise class, take the dogs for a walk…. oh, and write a Blog!

Do you ever feel as if you fall into bed at night thinking, “I didn’t really get anything significant done today, just the same old stuff I did yesterday.”? As I lie in bed not sleeping I’m thinking about the fact that I have to leave for a conference in Ohio tomorrow and I haven’t packed and I wonder if I got in enough of the right kind of groceries to tide my husband and son over until Sunday when I get home.

I don’t think God designed us to carry the worry and stress that we drag with us through our days and into our nights. Jesus made that pretty clear, “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.” Matthew 6:34 (The Message)

God promises us grace for this day, not for tomorrow. He says that when tomorrow comes there will be fresh grace for that day too. When I’m concentrating about what might happen in the next few days I’m not fully present in this moment. This is the day we have, it is a gift but if we forget that, we might miss it altogether. So my prayer for you today is that you would be acutely aware of the presence of God in every moment – no matter how long your to-do list is!

Myriam

posted July 16, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Sometimes it feels as if there are enough hours in the day to complete all the tasks on the to-do list. This morning on my way to work, I wondered this morning what a day totally devoted to God would be like. No requests to bring b4 Him – just come to Him to love Him more.
Found the blog from the Twitter post.
Myriam

Lauren Kelly

posted July 16, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Awesome!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this!!!! So timely!

Verna Coleman

posted July 16, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Love to read your writings. Am enjoying your last book on my lunch hours.

Kimberly

posted July 16, 2009 at 10:24 pm

That’s what I’ve been telling people around me. Thank YOU God for this reminder!

California Girl

posted July 17, 2009 at 2:14 am

Thanks for the reminder Sheila that chasing my tail, although humorous for the neighbors, leaves me with the same lesson every time…I AM NOT IN CONTROL!!!

SuzanneWA

posted July 17, 2009 at 8:39 pm

I KNOW that His grace is sufficient for the day, and NOT to worry about tomorrow, for His grace will be there, too. But -what do you do – and how do you deal with – a pesky HEALTH problem that just won’t go away? I’m scheduled for a brain MRI on Tuesday; how do I quit thinking about the possible results? I’ve had vertigo for almost a month, making it difficult to even LIVE in the moment for each day. I TRY, but the dizziness is still there. I PRAY, but don’t want to wear out my welcome. Please say a little prayer that a resolution will come of this procedure, and I will feel NORMAL again. Thank you, in God’s blessed name.

Your Name

posted July 18, 2009 at 3:55 am

I’ve been overloaded by many things everyday,physically,mentally and emotionally.It’s been those lean years or days of my life but i always
take god’s words to carry on my loads,the bible says,”i can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me”Philippians 4:13.

Nancy

posted July 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm

Thanks so much for your encouraging writings. I live just 30 min. from where you were in Cleveland, Ohio, however was financially unable to make it to the conference.
Many times your writings are the only inspiration that I am able to get.
Thanks for your ministry.

Pamela

posted July 19, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Sheila,
You are always a breath of fresh air. I love how your writing just opens up so clearly the simple but yet most important features of God’s help in our life.

Kathleen Johnsen

posted July 20, 2009 at 10:55 am

Dear Shelia, My to do is so long today that it is overwhelming me. I took some time to read your article and so glad did. I really enjoyed it. It made me stop and think about being in the present moment once again and not to rush around and worry about everything. Have a great day.

Your Name

posted July 20, 2009 at 12:07 pm

god is good

donna

posted July 20, 2009 at 12:10 pm

god is good just trust him in everything you do or think he will make a way out of no where

Amy

posted July 20, 2009 at 1:03 pm

God is great. He will be there for us each and every day. I love him with all my heart.

ED

posted July 21, 2009 at 1:07 am

SO SORRY, BUT I FEELING BAD, BECAUSE IM ALONE, IM A CHRISTIAN MAN, WHO LIVE IN USA 3 YEARS AGO, AND SERVE IN THE SPANISH CHURCH, BUT I WANT TO GET MARRIE WITH SOME CHRITIAN WOMAN, I WANT TO SERVE GOD IN THE CHURCH WITH MY WIFE, I PRAY GOD FOR ONE, BUT NOTHING, BUT I THING MAYBE YOU KNOW ANY WOMAN WHO LOOKING FOR A MAN FOR GET MARRIE, CONTACT ME BY EMAIL, I LIVE I ORLANDO AREA, THANK YOU, GOD BLESS YOU
ED

Valencia

posted July 23, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Hello, I followed my spirit and read your article and I must say Thank you for the way you gave your message. I heard it loud and clear and it was just what I needed to pause from a hectic day.Your message was a Godsend for me, May God continually bless you with wisdom,and love. Thank u so much!

tasha

posted September 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm

god iz awesum just because who god iz.i cant complain god is revilin things to me that i been prayin about also.been laso prayin 4 peace..and more go is good

Jenny

posted October 23, 2009 at 6:07 am

Thank you for those beautiful words of inspiration. They are very uplifting and very needed in our hectic and busy days.

Sara

posted November 14, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Sharing such inspirational thoughts proves medicinal.Thanks for this!!!

Nick Matyas

posted January 7, 2010 at 4:49 pm

So, nice your posting. It look’s so good in your posting.

Where to Start?!?
Do you ever find yourself staring at a to-do list on a Monday morning and wondering where to start? Yesterday morning I was like a deer staring into the headlights of a Mac truck. I had two books to edit, a house that needed cleaning, a pile of laundry that looked like a bed for a horse an

posted 12:25:27pm Aug. 03, 2009 | read full post »

A fad or a Place for Connection and Hope?
Some fads seem to spring up in our culture and for a moment they are everywhere, and just as quickly, they are gone. I wondered at first whether Twitter, Facebook and other social media networking outlets that have spread like wildfire would share the same fate. It would seem however that they have

posted 4:41:30pm Jul. 30, 2009 | read full post »

A Race to Run
It was early on a Sunday morning when I boarded my flight home to Dallas. I smiled at the woman who was already seated in my row but she didn't return the smile. She was a very striking woman that I imagined to be in her sixties. I thought, "She either just wants to be left alone or she is afraid to

posted 3:57:26pm Jul. 27, 2009 | read full post »

Only a Prayer Away
I have always been a stargazer. One of my favorite things to do as a child was to lie on a blanket on the grass and wait for the stars and the moon to appear. From a child-like perspective the sun seemed to beat down on me but the moon smiled on me and so I smiled back. Some nights the moon seemed s

posted 12:41:57pm Jul. 20, 2009 | read full post »

The Gap Between Here and There
Today I received the news that a very brave, eight year old boy, Connor Cruse, lost his battle with cancer. As I read the message I wept. Although the family lives in our neighborhood, I have never met Connor, but I have seen his photographs and the wonderful things that his mother and father have w

posted 9:55:49am Jul. 13, 2009 | read full post »