Homeshuling

Homeshuling

Happy Lag B’Omer

posted by Homeshuling

There were no Lag B”Omer bonfires in our town. So, we made our own. I almost can’t believe this is my backyard.

finally used those Passover marshmallows

finally used those Passover marshmallows

bow and arrow

Rabbi Riqi claims to be a pacifist

lag b'omer

Zoe did not wait for the marshmallows to get roasted

Frume Sarah

posted May 12, 2009 at 12:55 am

I am definitely going to incorporate this into our family tradition next year. Thanks for the idea and the photos (visual aids are ALWAYS helpful!).

homeshuling

posted May 12, 2009 at 6:50 am

This was our first, but I’ll definitely do it again – it was so much fun. We invited my kindergartner’s whole class to come and join us.

Leigh Ann

posted May 12, 2009 at 9:13 am

Can’t believe there is a Jewish excuse to build a bonfire in one’s backyard. One word: AWESOME.
When the boys are big enough appreciate that, we’re definitely doing it too. Thanks for the idea. :)

homeshuling

posted May 12, 2009 at 9:15 am

It’s definitely worth waiting. We had one baby there, and we had to all spend a lot of time running interventions to keep her from walking right into the fire.

Tamar

posted May 12, 2009 at 11:15 am

We did the same thing! That’s a neat fire pit thingy – where did you get it? We used a little old-fashioned grill (the kind you can use on a balcony) , with considerably less panache.

homeshuling

posted May 12, 2009 at 11:46 am

We borrowed it from a friend, but I’m going to ask her where she got it, because I want one too!

Lag BaOmer Fail « Frume Sarah’s World

posted May 13, 2009 at 1:51 am

Bible Belt Balabusta

posted May 14, 2009 at 10:58 am

I hate to ask such a mundane question, but do you know where the suction-cup bow and arrow set came from? I want a few for next year’s big Family Education do at my shul. The set at Back to Basics Toys is 35 bucks.

homeshuling

posted May 14, 2009 at 11:32 am

I don’t know where they came from, but since she bought 3, I’m sure they weren’t very expensive. I’ll ask for you-
As for the fire pit, my friend who owns it doesn’t remember where she got it.

Riqi

posted May 22, 2009 at 12:19 am

ok ok I’m embarrassed to say where the suction cuppy bow and arrow set came from… but it was the only place i could find it and I was feeling the uncontrollable urge for some Yochanan ben Zakkai bow and arrow action in the backyard… my rare appearance in … walmart ! in the “wild west” toys section! 6 bucks…

Pingback: Deciding How We Fit into Jewish Day School » Mixed Multitudes – My Jewish Learning: Exploring Judaism & Jewish Life