1. Mix half non-gel toothpaste and half baking soda into a paste.
2. Put some of the mixture on a damp cotton cloth and gently rub until the marks disappear.
3. Buff with a dry cotton cloth.
NOTE: DO NOT USE THIS ON UNFINISHED, LACQUERED OR ANTIQUE FURNITURE.
1. Always test whatever cleaning agents you may be using on a hidden part of the garment, such as the seam, before you begin.
2. Work from the back side of the stain and be sure to put absorbent material under the stain area.
3. Apply the cleaning agent to the stain to force it down into the cloth.
* You should gently tear whatever greens you are going to use rather than cut them with kitchen scissors or a knife. The reason is that the metal can cause browning of the edges faster than if you tear them.
* Also the torn greens will hold dressing better.
1. Shop weekly sales for extra discounts.
2. Use in-store coupons, which offer discounts on specific goods.
3. Sign up for the store’s buyer’s club.
4. Look high-and-low on the shelves; bargains are usually there.
* Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of the can and also over the trash to help contain odors.
* When you remove the trash bag, clean the inside with hot, soapy water and scrub the baking soda around too. It will be fresh again.
* The bristles on the brushes will be effective getting leftover bits of food from sieves, graters or food-processor blades.
* Toothbrushes can also be utilized on other hard-to-clean stuff, like fork tines, in the kitchen.
Before you put the roll on the holder, simply slightly flatten, by squeezing, the whole roll. This will help keep paper on the roll a bit longer.
1. To freshen the air, put a sheet under the front seat of your car or hang in a closet.
2. To eliminate soap scum on shower doors, simply wipe clean with a used fabric-softener sheet.
3. To deodorize sneakers or shoes, put a sheet inside each shoe overnight and they will smell better in the morning.
* Use twice as much liquid as rice.
* Turn down the heat to low as soon as the liquid comes to a boil and simmer rice gently.
* If you mix 4 cups of this rice with 1-1/2 cups of beans you’ve a healthy dish of starch and protein.
1. Blend ingredients just until they are moist—don’t overbeat the batter.
2. Sub in an equal amount of warm club soda for the milk in the recipe and cook the batter right away.
3. Do not press down on the batter with a spatula while cooking or turn the pancake over more than once because it will make it heavy and flatter.