1. If you see small flames, try to turn off the stove.
2. Then move back away from it and toss a handful of baking soda onto the BASE of the flames. Add more, if needed.
3. If possible, put a large metal lid on top of the frying pan to help eliminate the fire.
4. Do NOT throw baking soda into a deep-fat fryer because it could splash the grease and spread it.
5. If the fire grows larger, get out of the kitchen and call 9-1-1.
Baking soda is a versatile and environmentally friendly household staple.
For more baking soda hints, click here.