Gospel Soundcheck

Gospel Soundcheck

American Idol Winner Prediction – I’m Going Out On A Limb With Kris Allen

posted by Joanne Brokaw

KrisAllen.jpgFor the past few weeks I’ve been saying that I think this season of American Idol is going to come down to Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey and Kris Allen. Most people I’ve talked to disagree; they think Allison wil be in the final three.
But week after week, I’ve been more and more impressed with Kris Allen, and while I think that Danny has a huge fanbase, I think Kris might actually be the one to watch.

Then today, the New York Post leaked a story that a glitch in the iTunes software let the cat out of the bag: Danny Gokey isn’t the first or second most downloaded artist. In fact, of the top 10 songs, he only has one performance. Adam has six, and Kris has three. The paper called it a “shocker” but I’m not surprised.
See, here’s where things get a little tricky.

I think that Danny and Kris are splitting the family friendly, Christian, and conservative viewer votes – like it or not – and so one of them is going to go, leaving Adam in the finale with either Kris or Danny. Then I think that the votes that were going to the worship leader who was voted off will move to the one who’s left … and here’s where I’m going out on a limb … that contestant will win Idol. Yeah, I know, Adam is great. That’s why he probably won’t win. Really, he’s beyond the show.
While Danny is really – REALLY REALLY – popular, I know a number of people who don’t like him, or who aren’t impressed with what he’s doing with the songs. On the other hand, Kris Allen is really raising bar week after week with his arrangements.
So my prediction? I think Kris might walk away with the title.
I know, I know, we still have a few weeks to go, and there is still the chance that the finale could come down to Danny and Kris, or Adam and Danny. It’s not impossible and either of those scenerios would really be equally exciting. But there’s my prediction, so let’s see what happens.
I’m blogging live about American Idol every week, so join me tonight as the Top 5 perform live!

UPDATE 5/13/09: American Idol Top 3 – My Predictions For Tonight’s Results Show
Get the Gospel Soundcheck headlines delivered daily to your email inbox. Just sign up for the RSS feed by going to the “Subscribe” box on the right hand side of this blog and entering your email address. And follow me on Twitter!

Becca

posted April 29, 2009 at 2:51 pm

YAY! now someone agree’s with me
i think that kris allen has the most potential to become an artist that people will listen to and plus he his the cutest guy in the competition :]

Gloria

posted April 30, 2009 at 2:27 pm

I just want a god fearing Christian to win.
Those others with dyed hair and painted nails scare me. I think if we get enough believers to vote Danny and Kris we can knock the others out of the contest.
I don’t want my kids listening to some Broadway singer in concert.

STAR

posted May 1, 2009 at 8:19 am

I THINK ALLISON DANNY AND ADAM WILL BE TOP 3 KRIS MAY GO HOME HE IS TOO SLOW AND IT COULD GET BORING. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ALLISON AND DANNY
IN THE FINALS I WAS THINKING OF ALLISON AND ADAM BUT AFTER THE LAST PERFORMANCE, ADAM GOT A LITTLE SPOOKY AND TOO THEATRICAL. HE IS VERY TALENTED THOUGH

roark

posted May 2, 2009 at 9:22 pm

I am sticking by my guns and predicting Allison, from way back to the beginning, when she OWNED “Alone” by Heart. Gokey is too gooey, Kris is too bland, Adam is too… well… Adam. Probably the best performer of the bunch… but Allison is the best singer… and she is going to Rock everybodys world this week… during ROCK WEEK!!! Kris will be going bye bye… to soft, Danny will bring out some Joe Cocker song and kill it, and Adam will do something amazing once again…. But this week is ALL ALLISON!!!! Time to sharpen up the elbows sweetie… its GO TIME!!!!

deanna

posted May 3, 2009 at 6:01 pm

I didn’t pick a favorite until a few weeks ago, and it’s Kris!!! I was a David Cook fan last year, and now I find that David Cook’s favs are Adam (you have to admit he’s madly talented even though I don’t like him) and KRIS! Kris has an amazing ability to change songs up (which David Cook did also), and he has a great heart and love for people. He has been on several mission trips which shows where his heart is. When Simon told Kris he needed to show more confidence and act conceited, Kris told him he didn’t know about the conceited part. I liked that answer…speaks to the person Kris really is.
And if you haven’t heard the song “Beautiful Moon” or “Land of Smiles” or several other pre-idol songs of Kris, you should youtube them…really nice.
David Cook’s brother DIED last night after an 11-year battle with brain cancer. (My prayers go up to him and his family.) When David was on the show, he kept that quiet because he didn’t want the sympathy vote. Idol never mentioned it. This is why I dislike Danny Gokey. He played that sympathy vote card way too many times. He also has a vulgar dance moves that turned me off.
Thanks for agreeing with me! I haven’t said he would win, but I have said for a long time that I think Kris will be in the finale.
GO KRIS!!

ann

posted May 3, 2009 at 11:23 pm

deanna,
I wondered if I was the only one put-off by the “dancing” Danny does. For the life of me, I don’t know why he chooses to do some of things he has done on camera. Everyone makes mistakes, but surely he has put some thought into his performances beforehand. Kris will get my votes, besides his refreshing humility, and undeniable good-looks, he is also very talented! I’ll echo your sentiments……..
GO KRIS!!!!

Gene

posted May 4, 2009 at 7:08 am

TPTB obviously don’t want Kris to be their winner based on their actions, so he is probably better off not winning. Look at Taylor Hicks. TPTB didn’t like him as a winner and he received absolutely bupkus in terms of support, promotions, and assistance. Everyone knows that you don’t need to win to be successful. Chris Daughtry was clearly the class of the field, but he didn’t win. Fortunately for him, winning didn’t matter and he dominated the charts. I agree with you that Adam probably won’t win cos he’s beyond the show, but he will be a megastar.

Ana

posted May 4, 2009 at 8:37 am

Kris is the BEST musician there. I know that regardless of whether he’ll make it to the final or not, win or not, he’ll have a huge career.
That being said, I really want him to win. I’ll be voting till my fingers fall off. :]

Amy

posted May 7, 2009 at 11:39 am

Joanne, you’ve been spot on so far….and really, I think your theory makes a lot of sense. Adam’s getting a bit over the top for me.

Paul H. Piccot

posted May 21, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Boy, did that dude pick the winner, or what, and for all the precise political, social, etc., reasons!!!! Psychic!!!!!!!!!

Joanne Brokaw

posted May 22, 2009 at 8:08 am

Paul … er … I’m not a dude. Maybe I need a new picture for the blog header? LOL
Joanne
host of the GS blog

Pingback: Kris Allen’s new single “Like We’re Dying” just a taste of what promises to be a great album - Gospel Soundcheck

Another Blog To Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Gospel Soundcheck page. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter Happy Reading!

posted 4:04:02pm Mar. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Davy Jones dies and I say goodbye to my childhood
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hzusE4veM&feature=youtu.be] Greetings, dear Beliefnet readers! It's been a while since I posted - I'm kind of in limbo right now with entertainment writing, as I've made the move to animals and faith. You can read more on my personal blog,Notes From The

posted 7:13:01pm Feb. 29, 2012 | read full post »

The X Factor final performances - care to predict a winner?
Tonight was the final performance episode of this first season of The X Factor in the US, and what a way to end the competition. The three finalists - Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene, and Melanie Amaro - pulled out all of the stops for their final performances. First, each performed a duet with a star,

posted 9:45:43pm Dec. 21, 2011 | read full post »

Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Honest.
  Rock fans and women around the world are breathing a collective sigh of relief: Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Despite rumors of his demise, the charming rock legend is alive and well. It appears to have started with a fake blog post reporting that Bon Jovi suffered cardiac arrest. However at a

posted 8:13:10pm Dec. 19, 2011 | read full post »

The X Factor final four results: Marcus goes home
On tonight's The X Factor results show, Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene went through to the next round and Marcus Canty was sent home. OK, OK, I know, I know. I 've been hard on Marcus Canty the last few weeks, so you may be thinking that I'm happy he went home tonight. I wasn't happy

posted 9:25:44pm Dec. 15, 2011 | read full post »