Gospel Soundcheck

Gospel Soundcheck

Rev. Timothy Wright may be home for the holidays

posted by Joanne Brokaw

RevTimothyandBettyWright.jpgI got an update on Rev. Timothy Wright from family friend and spokesperson Laurie Schneider, who says that Rev Wright may be heading home for the holidays. That’s great news!
She told me by email, “He has sensitivity in both arms and hands. He is moving his neck and shoulders on a regular basis. He is in therapy [three] hours a day.”

Eurweb.com reports that in mid-October Rev. Wright made a public appearance at the Circle of Sisters Expo, sponsored by WLIB, his hometown New York radio station. He was able to speak, and to share his testimony and express his gratitude for the love and support he’s received since the July 4th accident that took the lives of his wife and grandson and left him with a C4 spinal injury.
Rev. Wright has been at the Kessler Institute since August, where he has been receiving intensive therapy and care. Since his insurance benefits were limited to VA coverage, the family has been paying out of pocket for treatment at the Kessler Institute, but felt that the facilities offered Rev. Wright the best opportunities for the most complete recovery possible. Looks like that great care, coupled with the countless prayers of friends, family, churches and gospel music fans, have been working.
Because I don’t live in NYC, I don’t have the ability to attend events where Rev. Wright appears. If you do, please give us an update!
For more information about the Wrights, see these related posts:
Rev. Timothy Wright and family involved in tragic car crash
Rev. Timothy Wright update
To send condolences to the Wright Family …
The real story about Rev Timothy Wright’s current condition and the email asking for donations

Selina Anderson

posted November 4, 2008 at 11:07 am

Praise God!!!! Rev. Wright is doing very good and he will be back singing as usual. God is a good God and he will never change.

omekia burks

posted November 4, 2008 at 1:29 pm

i hope youget bettesoon god bless you and your family

jacqueline- pine bluff,arkansas

posted November 4, 2008 at 4:14 pm

FOR GOD HAS GIVEN UP MANY BLESSING IN OUR LIFE AND TO GIVE IT BACK TO HIM IS EVEN A GREATER BLESSING. FOR ONE DAY WE ALL WILL MEET ON THE OTHER SIDE. MY PRAYERS TO YOU REV. WRIGHT FOR A RECOVERY LIKE NO OTHER CAN RESTORE UPON YOU. FOR I KNOW AND DO BELIEVE THAT CAN AND WILL RESTORE UNTO A GIFT THAT WILL ONCE AGAIN MINISTER TO THE OTHER. MAY THE LORD,OUR GOD WALK WITH YOU. WHEN YOU ARE ABLE LISTEN TO OUR CD THE GOSPEL REVELATORS OF PINE BLUFF ARKANSAS.COM/CDBABY.COM. WE LOVE AND KEEP YOUR MIND ON JESUS. JACQUELINE

Min. Larry Smith

posted November 5, 2008 at 3:44 pm

My deepest heartfelt sympathy goes out to the Pastor Timothy Wright & family in their loss. I am praying that continues to bless, & as my dad sings “brighter days ahead,brighter days ahead, things are looking up, things are looking up, brighter days ahead, things are looking up for you.”

Doris Powell-Mississippi

posted November 5, 2008 at 5:19 pm

I am so glad God is healing you. I will still pray God give you peace in your heart, mind and spirit. It is and always was in his hands. Be blessed. Memphis won’t be the same this year without you.

Dorothy Wright - Indiana

posted December 5, 2008 at 7:37 am

The prayers of the righteous availeth much. God is such a great God. I know that He has smiled on you because you’re healed and itis because of the mercy that the Lord bestows upon His people day by day. My prayers are still with you and your family during the holiday season and beyond.
Remember that God doesn’t close one door without opening up another..

Michie Williams Texas

posted December 13, 2008 at 8:36 pm

God Bless you Rev. Timothy Wright the Lord has a lot more instore for your life sometimes a tragic thing is a God thing to show you that your best is yet to come if you remember Job who lost everything God gave him double. Rev. Wright just know that God will fill the void in your heart for family a new wife and grandson might be in God’s plan for your life. Lift up your eyes unto the hills which cometh your help because your help comes from the Lord.

Your Name

posted December 17, 2008 at 3:14 am

As your song said “Keep the fire burning dont ever let it go out hold on to your faith and run this race dont ever let it go out” that is what you do because you have been such an inspiration to so many. When thigs go wrong in my life the words in your songs and prayer always seem to turn things around for me. I pray that god speeds your recovery and you return back to crown heights my (old home) to continue saving souls and blessing lives. God Bless you both your families.

Annie Ross-Memphis, TN

posted December 21, 2008 at 9:59 pm

God Bless you Rev. Wright. I have enjoyed your Gospel Songs & Music for years and our choir have sung many of them. I share in your grief and pray that you will make a miraculous recovery soon to the Glory of God the Father. I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and grandson. May God continue to strengthen you on your journey to healing: spiritually, emotionally and financially. I leave you with these words from your song: Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus! Yes He is a Healer, Savior and His name is Jesus. Nobody can say it better than you Pastor Wright! Be blessed. And in the words of the late great Bishop G. E. Patterson: In the name of Jesus you can be healed, delivered and set free!

Your Name

posted December 26, 2008 at 6:34 pm

To the Godfather of Gospel; May God’s strength,grace and peace comfort and strenghten you always. Your music ministry has blessed and graced our nation for the last thirty years. God knows your songs such as Yes I wanna Testify,Let it Shine, Draw me Nearer, Count your Blessings, Trouble Don’t last always, Been there done That,Jesus Jesus Jesus, Take It to The Lord In Prayer, Yes,For the Rest of My Life, We Need a Miracle have been a tremendous blessing and encouragment for me during my life’s challenges and obstacles. Rev.Wright I,ve had the tremedous opportunity to minister in song with you numerous times and I’ve always come away in awe if your vocal talent energy and drive to sing gospel. I also revere you for your humility and reverence you give to singers such as myself the opportunity to share with you as you minister in song and the word.I want you to know Rev.Wright you have my prayers,condolences, and words of encouragement has God strengthens,heals, comforts, and inspires you in song to tell the world about your miraclous recovery. Love, Peace, Grace Always your Son in the Gospel Oliver Washington

Daughter Kelly

posted February 26, 2010 at 12:17 pm

HELLO ,
dO ANYONE HAVE THE LYRICS TO TESTIFY AND LET IT SHINE.

Another Blog To Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Gospel Soundcheck page. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter Happy Reading!

posted 4:04:02pm Mar. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Davy Jones dies and I say goodbye to my childhood
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hzusE4veM&feature=youtu.be] Greetings, dear Beliefnet readers! It's been a while since I posted - I'm kind of in limbo right now with entertainment writing, as I've made the move to animals and faith. You can read more on my personal blog,Notes From The

posted 7:13:01pm Feb. 29, 2012 | read full post »

The X Factor final performances - care to predict a winner?
Tonight was the final performance episode of this first season of The X Factor in the US, and what a way to end the competition. The three finalists - Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene, and Melanie Amaro - pulled out all of the stops for their final performances. First, each performed a duet with a star,

posted 9:45:43pm Dec. 21, 2011 | read full post »

Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Honest.
  Rock fans and women around the world are breathing a collective sigh of relief: Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Despite rumors of his demise, the charming rock legend is alive and well. It appears to have started with a fake blog post reporting that Bon Jovi suffered cardiac arrest. However at a

posted 8:13:10pm Dec. 19, 2011 | read full post »

The X Factor final four results: Marcus goes home
On tonight's The X Factor results show, Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene went through to the next round and Marcus Canty was sent home. OK, OK, I know, I know. I 've been hard on Marcus Canty the last few weeks, so you may be thinking that I'm happy he went home tonight. I wasn't happy

posted 9:25:44pm Dec. 15, 2011 | read full post »