Gospel Soundcheck

Gospel Soundcheck

Update and benefit concert for Rev. Timothy Wright

posted by Joanne Brokaw

RevTimothyandBettyWright.jpgA concert will be held this Saturday, September 6th, to raise money to benefit Rev. Timothy Wright.
The best news? Rev. Wright is scheduled to be at the event.

Rev. Wright was seriously injured in an accident July 4 that claimed the life of his wife Betty and their grandson, DJ. Rev. Wright spent several weeks at the Geisinger Memorial Hospital in PA before being moved at the end of July to the Kessler Institute in NJ, where family thought his chances were best for as full a recovery as possible.
Spokesperson and dear friend of the family, Laurie Schneider, told me Saturday that Rev. Wright was able to move his arm slightly by himself, and as of today he is off the respirator 14 hours a day. She writes, “Every day we can keep him at Kessler is a blessing. What an incredible rehabilitation center.”
(A word of warning about his attendance at the event, and this comes from me, not the family: I’m sure Rev. Wright will not physically be able to meet with everyone who comes, no matter how close you are to him or his family. Please, please be courteous to him and his family if they are unable to give you the undivided attention you desire. Just seeing the crowd and knowing that you are there to support him will be enough for him on one day, and the fact that he may be able to attend at all is a miracle. Be grateful for that.)
Rev. Wright has only VA medical benefits, so the cost of his medical care and rehabilitation is being paid out of pocket, hence the need for the fundraiser.
The concert will take place at:
Shiloh Baptist Church
515 West Fourth Street
Plainfield, NJ
Directions to the event
Praise and worship begins at 2:30 PM; the concert starts at 3:00. Performing are the combined choirs of the Shiloh Baptist Church and the Calvery Baptist Church; the Timothy Wright Concert Choir; Children of God – The Brothers Harris; and Alvin Darling and Celebration.
The press release I received listed the following as a contact for more information:
mjllc7@aol.com
973-966-5186
You can see the concert promo flyer here:
www.mckoyjoubertllc.com
In a related story, Eurweb.com reports that two weeks ago, Rev. John P. Kee, Pastor of the New Life Fellowship Center, “announced that he will be supporting Rev. Wright and the Grace Tabernacle Christian Center Church of Brooklyn by paying the mortgage on Rev Timothy Wright’s church until he returns.”
RELATED POSTS
The real story about Rev Timothy Wright’s current condition and the email asking for donations
Rev. Timothy Wright and family involved in tragic car crash
10-9-08 update: Rev Timothy Wright off respirator, able to move neck and shoulders

xsunsetsladyx

posted September 4, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Is this the same rev. wright that was barak Obama’s pastor?

Joanne Brokaw

posted September 4, 2008 at 12:46 pm

No, this is Reverend Timothy Wright. You’re thinking of Jeremiah Wright.
Joanne
host of the Gospel Soundcheck

Min. William H. Smith

posted September 4, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Frist i like to say thank God for your Healing. We the Greater ST. James Temple Holiness church are pary for as alway. we are pray for you on a 24 hour fast. that you God will be done. and for your family as Well. God Bless you . Min. William H. Smith

Rev. Ronald A. Lee

posted September 4, 2008 at 2:05 pm

To My Brother and My Friend,
We have not seen one another in many years. You grew up at Washington Temple C.O.G.I.C. in Brooklyn, where the pastor was
Bishop Washington. I grew up at Holy Trinity C.O.G.I.C., where
Bishop Frank Cook was my pastor. I am the one who played the
accordian.
I am praying for you my brother, and I myself lost a wife and a son
when he was 21 years old. I know that you will pull through this, and continue the wonderful ministry that God has entrusted you with.
Timothy, be of good courage reaching way down deep within yourself to grab hold of the Jesus Christ that you have come to know. Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not to your own understanding.
Maybe one day we can get together and chew the fat (smile). I love you my brother. I recieved a 5-way bypass surgery September 14, 2005. The Lord brought be through, and I know he will bring you through too!
Stay strong and be encouraged for I am praying for you.
God Bless and Heal your heart, mind, soul, and body,
Rev. Ronald A. Lee
P.S. My home phone number is: 336-364-1138 (Timberlake, NC) I live between Hillsbrough and Roxboro North Carolina. My address is:
560 Jack Chavis Road
Timberlake, NC 27583

Anonymous

posted September 4, 2008 at 9:05 pm

THANK GOD FOR PASTOR KEE ,BLESS YOU AND YOUR MEMBER

Anonymous

posted September 5, 2008 at 1:38 am

God is a healer!!!!!!!!! When Pastor Wright rolled into the service on September 26, 2008 what a miraculous praise went forth in the building. I pray that the Lord would continue to heal Pastor wrights body and give him a full recovery. “Pastor Wright you’re going to come out of this with your hands up.”

Anonymous

posted September 15, 2008 at 5:54 pm

we have so much to thank God for you’ve come alone way, he’s still healing you in the name off Jesus may God bless you and the family.
Pat Mosley (in Alabama)

Minister Chandra Rhoden

posted September 15, 2008 at 8:02 pm

I just want you to remember that there is nothing to hard for God. Me and my family and Ministry have been lifting you up in our prayers. For the effectual ferverent prayer of the righteous man availeth musch. God Bless you and we Love you.
Minister Chandra Rhoden- Founder
Bro.Daniel ARhoden- Co-Founder
Divin Destiny Music Inc.
Clovis, NM

Jewel Simpson

posted October 9, 2008 at 10:44 pm

Dear Pastor Wright,
So happy o hear that you are off the respirator for so many hours a day, and that you were able to attend the concert given on your behalf. Keep looking unto the hills from whence cometh your help,as you know God is all powerful.Know that many are concerned for you,and offer up prayers on you and your family’s behalf.God speed to you and your family.

Another Blog To Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Gospel Soundcheck page. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter Happy Reading!

posted 4:04:02pm Mar. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Davy Jones dies and I say goodbye to my childhood
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hzusE4veM&feature=youtu.be] Greetings, dear Beliefnet readers! It's been a while since I posted - I'm kind of in limbo right now with entertainment writing, as I've made the move to animals and faith. You can read more on my personal blog,Notes From The

posted 7:13:01pm Feb. 29, 2012 | read full post »

The X Factor final performances - care to predict a winner?
Tonight was the final performance episode of this first season of The X Factor in the US, and what a way to end the competition. The three finalists - Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene, and Melanie Amaro - pulled out all of the stops for their final performances. First, each performed a duet with a star,

posted 9:45:43pm Dec. 21, 2011 | read full post »

Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Honest.
  Rock fans and women around the world are breathing a collective sigh of relief: Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Despite rumors of his demise, the charming rock legend is alive and well. It appears to have started with a fake blog post reporting that Bon Jovi suffered cardiac arrest. However at a

posted 8:13:10pm Dec. 19, 2011 | read full post »

The X Factor final four results: Marcus goes home
On tonight's The X Factor results show, Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene went through to the next round and Marcus Canty was sent home. OK, OK, I know, I know. I 've been hard on Marcus Canty the last few weeks, so you may be thinking that I'm happy he went home tonight. I wasn't happy

posted 9:25:44pm Dec. 15, 2011 | read full post »